Non-EJS Trail Suggestions for Big Sat? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Non-EJS Trail Suggestions for Big Sat?

I will be in Moab for only 2 days... my wheeling day will unfortunately be Big Sat, when it seems that nearly every EJS trail will be in use and blocked off to non-EJS people. Does anybody have any suggestions for some alternate trails I can do that are moderate to the low end of difficult? Is anybody already planning something like this that I can tag along with?

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Blue Bruin Build-Up Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M416 Offroad Trailer Build:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebruin View Post
I will be in Moab for only 2 days... my wheeling day will unfortunately be Big Sat, when it seems that nearly every EJS trail will be in use and blocked off to non-EJS people. Does anybody have any suggestions for some alternate trails I can do that are moderate to the low end of difficult? Is anybody already planning something like this that I can tag along with?

Thanks!
You can tag along with us! Here is alist of trails we are running:

Thurs 1:Moab Rim (TR-7)
Fri 2:Poison Spyder Mesa (TR-6),Golden Spike (TR-7),Gold Bar Rim(TR-7)
Sat 3:Backwards Bill (TR-5)
Sun 4:Hells Revenge (TR-6)
Mon 5:Cliff Hanger (TR-6)

Meet at Moab Brewery 9am

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
You can tag along with us! Here is alist of trails we are running:

Thurs 1:Moab Rim (TR-7)
Fri 2:Poison Spyder Mesa (TR-6),Golden Spike (TR-7),Gold Bar Rim(TR-7)
Sat 3:Backwards Bill (TR-5)
Sun 4:Hells Revenge (TR-6)
Mon 5:Cliff Hanger (TR-6)

Meet at Moab Brewery 9am
Thanks for the offer! Poison Spyder Mesa is listed as a 5 in the ESJ Redrocks pdf I downloaded... I'd be interested in that and Backwards Bill. My vehicle meets the specs no problem, but I am not sure my driving experience does! I used to have a TJ with 33's and and did some things in Moab and Colorado, but I just built up my rig and haven't driven it offroad much yet. (4-door JK, 37's, 6inch lift). Do you think its wise to attempt a level 5 or should I stick to some level 4's. I'd like to test out my jeep and be challenged, but don't want to slow you guys down, break stuff, etc...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Thanks for the offer! Poison Spyder Mesa is listed as a 5 in the ESJ Redrocks pdf I downloaded... I'd be interested in that and Back wards Bill. My vehicle meets the specs no problem, but I am not sure my driving experience does! I used to have a TJ with 33's and and did some things in Moab and Colorado, but I just built up my rig and haven't driven it off road much yet. (4-door JK, 37's, 6inch lift). Do you think its wise to attempt a level 5 or should I stick to some level 4's. I'd like to test out my jeep and be challenged, but don't want to slow you guys down, break stuff, etc...
I am not worried about your Jeeps limitations, your limitations don't bother me either since you have experienced Moab before with a TJ on 33's. I may have taken the rating off the New paper unless it was just an error?

Your welcome to join us LJ on 37s and TJ on 37's

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #5 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Granite Guru

What time do you expect to be done with the loop on friday? I really want to hit the vendor show and raffle, but im not sure if its possible if i were to do the full loop

TNT Customs
Genright
Poison Spyder
Or-Fab
River Raider
Mastercraft
Spod
M.O.R.E.
Goodyear
Diablosport
post #6 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2jk View Post
What time do you expect to be done with the loop on friday? I really want to hit the vendor show and raffle, but im not sure if its possible if i were to do the full loop
I plan to hit the show on Thursday, I don't think it will be possible to finish the loop in time. Last year we goofed off and finished in 10 hours. What time does the vendor show end on Friday?

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #7 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Granite Guru

The vendor show is scheduled to en at 8pm. The raffle starts after the boyscout dinner which starts at 530. I wouldn't want to throw your plans off by worrying about getting back on time

TNT Customs
Genright
Poison Spyder
Or-Fab
River Raider
Mastercraft
Spod
M.O.R.E.
Goodyear
Diablosport
post #8 of 9 Old 03-18-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Does anybody have any suggestions on where I might camp within 45 minutes of Moab with no reservations? Is that even possible at this point?

I read on another forum about a guy with property who was having jeepers camp on his property. Anybody know about something like that?

post #9 of 9 Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2jk View Post
The vendor show is scheduled to en at 8pm. The raffle starts after the boyscout dinner which starts at 530. I wouldn't want to throw your plans off by worrying about getting back on time
If we start at 8am we should be done in9-10 hrs as long as nobody breaks!

Quote:
Does anybody have any suggestions on where I might camp within 45 minutes of Moab with no reservations? Is that even possible at this point?

I read on another forum about a guy with property who was having jeepers camp on his property. Anybody know about something like that?
Not sure BLM has about 15 campsites up the river just north of 191, first come first serv $12 night! Let me know where you end up.

Just look for the red hi-line LJ....

And the Yellow hi-line Tj

Name:  jpm695.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  jpm696.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  49.1 KB

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode