Topless For TATA's Charity Run - August 14th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 130 Old 03-14-2010, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Topless For TATA's Charity Run - August 14th

Topless for Tata's Charity Wheeling Event benefitting The American Cancer Society and The Mackenzie Offerbeck College Fund
Event Date: August 14, 2010
Event Location: Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Tremont, PA (rc4x4.org)
Block of Rooms Reserved: Hampton Inn, Pine Grove, PA under “TATA run.” Direct number to Hampton Inn is 570-345-4505.

What’s different from last year’s run:
* A portion of the proceeds raised at the event will be donated to the Mackenzie Offerbeck College Fund, which was established this year. Mackenzie's dad a known Jeep enthusiast, has been recently diagnosed with Stage 4 Sarcoma Cancer.
* This year we will be imposing a $10 fee per vehicle that will go directly towards the cost of hosting this event. Additionally each vehicle registered will be given one (1) ticket for a chance at winning a door prize to be announced at a later date.
* Website created for additional information www.toplessfortatas.com
* Hotel of choice: Hampton Inn, Pine Grove, PA under “TATA run.” Direct number to Hampton Inn is 570-345-4505. For those bringing children please remember that Hampton Inn has an indoor pool. The hotel is also pet friendly.

What has not changed from last year:
* The Topless for Tata’s Charity Wheeling events primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for Breast Cancer Research. The majority of the proceeds raised will be given to American Cancer Society
* You are responsible for providing your own lunch, snacks and beverages.
* Although not mandatory, it is still suggested for you to have a CB along with recovery gear. At a minimum we are requesting that all vehicles have some type of recovery point in the front and rear.

* The Raffle will be held at Rausch Creek at the Registration tent. The Raffle will be held at a predetermined time immediately following the trail ride. You must be present to take part in the raffle.
* The Topless for Tata’s after party will be held at Comfort Inn, Pine Grove immediately following the raffle. There is no additional cost to attend the after party. All participates are welcome to attend. We plan to offer Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chips and Soda/Water.
* 2nd Annual Topless for Tata’s event t-shirts will be available for pre purchase and the morning of the event for $20 each. Our suggestion is to pre purchase your shirt to ensure you get the size and quantity desired. We hope to have a sample of the 2010 event t-shirt posted on various forums in the near future. What we do know is that the t-shirt will not be black this year.
* We cannot stress enough the importance of listening to your spotter and or trail guide.
* This will be an All Breeds event. That being said if your vehicle has the ability to run topless it is highly encouraged.

What Help Is Needed This Year?
* Last year our event was a huge success due in part to the overwhelming response to our request for volunteers. For the 2nd Annual Topless for Tata’s event we will again be calling on volunteers to help with registration, trail guides and the after party. If you would like to volunteer to be a trail guide or tail gunner, please let us know. Again, we can’t stress the importance of having a great event without the help of volunteers.

Registration form is now on-line at www.toplessfortatas.com. All will receive the release forms via email that may turned in at the event or scanned and emailed back. Feel free to post the registration form on your local forum to boost participation. If you have any questions, please pm or email me. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Check the thread often as we will update when we receive more information about donations, sponsors and raffle prizes.

Sponsors on board so far:
MBRP, Inc.
ARB
4WD
Northridge 4X4
Devil Woman Flags
Superchips
Off Road Evolution
OK4WD
Teraflex
RCV Performance
Rugged Ridge
Draken Off Road
JE Reel
Infamous 4X4
Poison Spyder
Quadratec
K&N

Last edited by PirateKitty; 07-20-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 130 Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Wheeler

Rich and I will lead a green/blue group!!!!!

Cant wait, but yet do not want the summer to fly by!!!!!!

========================
" I am NOT a Pavement Princess - I am a JEEP- I do Jeep S**t!!!" my new windshield decal........

2008 Flame Red Wrangler X 2 door; half door
1 3/4 inch lift
1 1/2 inch spacers
34 MTRs with Kevlar-- worth the extra $$$$$$$!!!
Modified shortie bumper
custom made rock sliders
hi-jackers pro shocks
custom made mud splatter shield for air intake
Bunch of other cool stuff!!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 130 Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
JKO Addict!

I'll make it this year.

Way to step it up again Kitty.

Edit: I'll tailgun a group.

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 130 Old 03-14-2010, 11:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Im in
post #5 of 130 Old 03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
JKO Addict!

I will probably be there. A little far out to say for sure but I dont really need an excuse to head to RC!

Marc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #6 of 130 Old 03-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Rock God

Never been to rausch. Would a stock JK (stock tires too) be able to do the green/blue (easy) trails? I would love to go

2008 Red Rock Sahara Unlimited (stock)

PAVED ROADS
A fine example of needless
government spending
post #7 of 130 Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockredsahara View Post
Never been to rausch. Would a stock JK (stock tires too) be able to do the green/blue (easy) trails? I would love to go
You would be fine. There are several other stockers who joined us last year (and will be there again next year) who had no issues and loved it.

Hope to see you there.
post #8 of 130 Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
We were out there a couple months ago with both my stock 2 dr Rubicon and Bobbies completely stock Sport Unlimited. I was very impressed with the performance of her stock Sport even with the SR-As.

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #9 of 130 Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Just stay off winch hill.... that thing continues to eat up SRA's. I think we lost a few there last year during the run.
post #10 of 130 Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTKERN View Post
Just stay off winch hill.... that thing continues to eat up SRA's. I think we lost a few there last year during the run.
I guess they call it winch hill for a reason

PAVED ROADS
government spending
post #11 of 130 Old 03-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTKERN View Post
Yea, Chris in my group last year lost a tire on that one!

I'm going to try to be in for this ... baby is due July 15th, so it may be hard to do. Won't be stock this time around!

Bill aka

ɯǝlqoɹd ɐ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ'uoʇsnoɥ
'09 JK - 4.5", 37's, snorkel, chopped flares, XRC Front Bumper (FOR SALE - $11,750)
'98 TJ - 3", 32's
'89 M101A2 trailer - cargo/expedition wagon
'89 Winnebago Chieftain - camper/tow rig

Trail Guide: 2015-2017 Topless for Tatas, 2015-2017 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
post #12 of 130 Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Rock God

Yea I think I'll stay away from it
YouTube - SIRA4x4 @ Rausch Creek - Trex88 on Winch Hill

PAVED ROADS
government spending
post #13 of 130 Old 03-17-2010, 07:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Yea I think I'll stay away from it
If you go and I'm there with you I know several trails that are challenging yet no problem for stock JK unlimited. Some really good hill climbs too.

Marc

post #14 of 130 Old 03-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
If you go and I'm there with you I know several trails that are challenging yet no problem for stock JK unlimited. Some really good hill climbs too.
Sounds good It's a little to far away to make a def. decision but I do want to get up there this summer

PAVED ROADS
government spending
post #15 of 130 Old 04-10-2010, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

UPDATE!!!!

Thanks to 4wd and Northridge 4x4 for stepping up and sending us some great prizes for the raffle!

Also, we have changed the hotel of choice to the Hampton Inn. Please see the first post for the phone number.

Thanks!
Chantelle
post #16 of 130 Old 04-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Rock God

I should def. be down for this, I'll know for sure a little closer.

"I'm just a big hairy American winnin' machine" - Ricky Bobby
post #17 of 130 Old 04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Wheeler

I'm in can't wait, had a blast last year and even won a nice prize.
post #18 of 130 Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

UPDATES!!

Thanks to Superchips and Off Road Evolution for donating some items to our event. Thanks guys!!!

*** Don't forget to send in your forms for the event! ***
post #19 of 130 Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I cant wait for this. Great cause and a great event. Sign me up

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #20 of 130 Old 05-01-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

** UPDATES **
We have added some more sponsors to the event!

Thanks to
OK4WD
Teraflex
RCV
Rugged Ridge

Thanks for donating some great items to the event!
post #21 of 130 Old 05-26-2010, 07:33 AM

Draken offroad will be attending and sponsor the charity run.
post #22 of 130 Old 05-28-2010, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

DRAKEN beat me to it! They will be there and are also sponsoring the event! Thanks guys for being a part of our event.

Also, wanted to update the page and show everyone the t-shirt design for this year... Don't forget too order early to ensure your sizes. Last year we ran out of shirts and some of ya'll missed out. The shirt color has a bit more tan in it. This is as close as the screen printing company could come to the color.

Front:

Back:
post #23 of 130 Old 05-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Rock God

We'll try to make it. If I had known about last year we could've mad it.

I'm sure I'll think of something
post #24 of 130 Old 06-07-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

UPDATES!!!!

JE Reel just became a sponsor for our event! Thanks guys for sending us some great items!
post #25 of 130 Old 06-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Wheeler

Hopeing to go just need to find coverage at work, and then I have to bribe someone to help me take the hardtop off. I've only been off-road once, but it was at Rausch did a green guided run. Not sure if I'm up for blues yet I'm still bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode