Topless for Tata's Charity Wheeling Event benefitting The American Cancer Society and The Mackenzie Offerbeck College Fund
Event Date: August 14, 2010
Event Location: Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Tremont, PA (rc4x4.org)
Block of Rooms Reserved: Hampton Inn, Pine Grove, PA under “TATA run.” Direct number to Hampton Inn is 570-345-4505.
What’s different from last year’s run:
* A portion of the proceeds raised at the event will be donated to the Mackenzie Offerbeck College Fund, which was established this year. Mackenzie's dad a known Jeep enthusiast, has been recently diagnosed with Stage 4 Sarcoma Cancer.
* This year we will be imposing a $10 fee per vehicle that will go directly towards the cost of hosting this event. Additionally each vehicle registered will be given one (1) ticket for a chance at winning a door prize to be announced at a later date.
* Website created for additional information www.toplessfortatas.com
* Hotel of choice: Hampton Inn, Pine Grove, PA under “TATA run.” Direct number to Hampton Inn is 570-345-4505. For those bringing children please remember that Hampton Inn has an indoor pool. The hotel is also pet friendly.
What has not changed from last year:
* The Topless for Tata’s Charity Wheeling events primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for Breast Cancer Research. The majority of the proceeds raised will be given to American Cancer Society
* You are responsible for providing your own lunch, snacks and beverages.
* Although not mandatory, it is still suggested for you to have a CB along with recovery gear. At a minimum we are requesting that all vehicles have some type of recovery point in the front and rear.
* The Raffle will be held at Rausch Creek at the Registration tent. The Raffle will be held at a predetermined time immediately following the trail ride. You must be present to take part in the raffle.
* The Topless for Tata’s after party will be held at Comfort Inn, Pine Grove immediately following the raffle. There is no additional cost to attend the after party. All participates are welcome to attend. We plan to offer Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chips and Soda/Water.
* 2nd Annual Topless for Tata’s event t-shirts will be available for pre purchase and the morning of the event for $20 each. Our suggestion is to pre purchase your shirt to ensure you get the size and quantity desired. We hope to have a sample of the 2010 event t-shirt posted on various forums in the near future. What we do know is that the t-shirt will not be black this year.
* We cannot stress enough the importance of listening to your spotter and or trail guide.
* This will be an All Breeds event. That being said if your vehicle has the ability to run topless it is highly encouraged.
What Help Is Needed This Year?
* Last year our event was a huge success due in part to the overwhelming response to our request for volunteers. For the 2nd Annual Topless for Tata’s event we will again be calling on volunteers to help with registration, trail guides and the after party. If you would like to volunteer to be a trail guide or tail gunner, please let us know. Again, we can’t stress the importance of having a great event without the help of volunteers.
Registration form is now on-line at www.toplessfortatas.com
. All will receive the release forms via email that may turned in at the event or scanned and emailed back. Feel free to post the registration form on your local forum to boost participation. If you have any questions, please pm or email me. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Check the thread often as we will update when we receive more information about donations, sponsors and raffle prizes.
Sponsors on board so far:
Devil Woman Flags
Off Road Evolution
Draken Off Road