AZ 2 Rubicon - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 01-12-2015, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

AZ 2 Rubicon

Just in the beginning phase of planning a run from Phoenix to the Rubicon. Looking to leave AZ on August 1st .Putting in around 8 hours on the way there the first day and meeting in Georgetown to spend the night. Heading out to the trail August 3rd
for 3 to 4 days of wheeling.

Plan is to meet up with some of the Canadians that we ran Moab with last year and a buddy from So Cal that grew up on the Rubicon. But open to anyone that is looking to join along. Understand itís a ways done the road, but this should give everyone a chance to get everything together by then

Leave AZ Saturday morning Aug 1st
Spend the night mid point along the way
Arrive afternoon of Aug 2nd, in Georgetown and spend the night
Wheel Rubicon for 3 to 4 days, Georgetown to Tahoe
Camp 2 to 3 nights
Spend the night in Tahoe last day, before heading back to AZ

Plans are tentative, but the dates are set as far as what week we will be going. Would like to set up a few others to make the trip from AZ, if possible. If you are interested in going, post up or PM me and will get more details as they are set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Probably Stuck on my Diff

So I see you are saying you're meeting up with the Canadians, so Im assuming this is the same trip.. I have seen their thread and it doesnt look like its getting much attention from Tucson peeps. I would like to go, and am interested (I was in the first group that did the Rubicon.) Its a great time for sure!

More Cowbell
post #3 of 17 Old 01-12-2015, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yeah, threw it out to Cory and they are trying to set it up. Didnt make the first trip out with you guys, but wont make that mistake again.

Hopefully they can bring it together, but we're in either way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 01-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Granite Guru

Hey guys this is Craig. I was with the Canadian crew the last time we went to the Rubicon. I was just looking to see when the Jeep Jamboree is going to be in the Rubicon to make sure we don't run into them or that were not there at the same time. Here's the link they are running it August 6-9.
http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/event-detail/56/

I'll see if I can find out what way they are going so we don't run into them.

Can't wait for this trip again!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 17 Old 01-16-2015, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I had spoke with John from the Rubicon Trail Foundation about a month ago to confirm the dates would work. This is what he said regrading the 6th-9th Jamboree.

"Jeep Jamboree USA (a commercial tour group NOT affiliated with Jeepers Jamboree, I know, confusing) is running a trip on the weekend of August 6th through 9th, and they will be renting the Main Camp portion of Rubicon Springs on those dates, but there are other areas of the Springs you can use, and the trail is 100% open"

Either way...by then, we will be coming off the trail and we also have access to a some private property with a cabin on Spider Lake if we want to use it.

Last edited by Descent; 01-16-2015 at 02:48 AM.
post #6 of 17 Old 01-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Granite Guru

Yep here's the response I got.

If you are coming in a couple of days before us, you wonít run the risk of running into us. We start at Loon Lake and finish on the Tahoe side near Tahoma.
The trail is closed for outside traffic on Friday August 7th.

post #7 of 17 Old 01-20-2015, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanueh View Post
Yep here's the response I got.

If you are coming in a couple of days before us, you won’t run the risk of running into us. We start at Loon Lake and finish on the Tahoe side near Tahoma.
The trail is closed for outside traffic on Friday August 7th.

The "official" Jeepers Jamboree will also be running between July 31st and August 2nd.

Starting out on the Monday Aug 3rd and running the trail for 3-4 days will work out fine.

Thinking with all the other trail runs planned before and after us, it should be pretty wide open by the time we get there
post #8 of 17 Old 03-18-2015, 09:42 AM
Granite Guru

Hey guys just an update on our end. We are still looking for a house to rent. Might be a small group of us. As I'm sure you have all seen the current price of oil. And as some of you might know the majority of us up here work oil and gas so it's going to be a tight year to make the trip. But as of right now, I'm still in.

Let me know if you guys have a house yet or want yo split one.

2012 JKU Sahara - Current SmittyBilt XRC Front and rear Bumper W/8,000lb X20 Winch, 40x15.5x20 Geolander MT, Front/Rear D44 Axles w(EVO Sleeves/Gussets, RK trusses, DynaTrac Diff Covers - Front/Rear & Ball Joints, Chromoly Front Axle Shafts, 5.13 Gears ,lockers), EVO Skid Plates, Poison Spider Fenders and Brawler Knocker Sliders, 5.5 RockKrawler X Factor LA, Fox shocks, 1310 front DS, 1350 rear DS, Red and White Rock Lights
post #9 of 17 Old 03-18-2015, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Damn glad to hear from you brother.

135 days and counting.
post #10 of 17 Old 03-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Granite Guru

I am placing this on my calendar. I have always wanted to run this.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 17 Old 03-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Granite Guru

Ok, so i thought I would throw this out here. We are planning on renting a place in and around placerville again as we need a place to park the truck and trailer. In addition to store our doors and misc junk while on the trail. Renting a house was the cheaper way we found to do this.
If you yankees are interested in tagging along with us it would make it more affordable and we can all party together.

The place im looking at right now, and just waiting to hear back on parking is. around 1600 for 6 nights. aug 2nd to aug 8th. It has 1 king, and 4 queen beds.
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p509385vb

Let me know what you all think.
Confirmed so far is myself and Kaneuh( He was on the last Rubicon trip but couldnt make moab), My bro and Matt are 50/50 work depending.

If you guys have a place in mind already and have extra room. We only req a place to store this https://www.dropbox.com/s/yndu28q60j...00319.jpg?dl=0

2012 JKU Sahara - Current SmittyBilt XRC Front and rear Bumper W/8,000lb X20 Winch, 40x15.5x20 Geolander MT, Front/Rear D44 Axles w(EVO Sleeves/Gussets, RK trusses, DynaTrac Diff Covers - Front/Rear & Ball Joints, Chromoly Front Axle Shafts, 5.13 Gears ,lockers), EVO Skid Plates, Poison Spider Fenders and Brawler Knocker Sliders, 5.5 RockKrawler X Factor LA, Fox shocks, 1310 front DS, 1350 rear DS, Red and White Rock Lights

Last edited by Cnd.Skippy; 03-18-2015 at 09:07 PM.
post #12 of 17 Old 03-18-2015, 09:18 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

We went after Labor Day weekend left around 7am got to Sacramento around 9pm got a hotel and hit George Town the next day seemed perfect. We ran the trail a bit to quick. Hit camp w 2 hrs in on day 2 what a great campsite. The next day we should have camped at buck island lake we pushed for Rubicon springs also a great camp site. Took us 6 hrs from there to Lake Tahoe cadilac hill was tore up bad. Again about buck island I was done and it gets rough after that never good to wheel tired things break and mistakes are made.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #13 of 17 Old 03-18-2015, 09:43 PM
Granite Guru

Yeah I think we ran it perfect.
Starting at loon lake, camped at Ellis Creek (wheeled that night on some obstacles we missed), Camped at buck lake (2 nights) and just relaxed and enjoyed the sites, Finished the trail on day 4.

post #14 of 17 Old 03-19-2015, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Will take a look at the house when I get a little more time.

Nate's Grandfather owns property with a cabin on Spider Lake that we will also access to.

Wouldnt work out for storage, but he will have a supply of firewood (if there isnt a burn ban) and we can camp there if the other sites dont work out.
post #15 of 17 Old 03-21-2015, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Sent the info out about the rental.

We are up for renting a house if we can get enough folks interested to help cover the cost.
post #16 of 17 Old 04-21-2015, 10:53 PM
Granite Guru

Big thanks to Craig and Matt for the helping hand today getting the axle ground down and all tacked up. And Craig for helping me install the under the jeep

post #17 of 17 Old 04-22-2015, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Wow, nice work guys.

Good to see some movement on it

Really helps to motivate me to get back to work on mine.

Finally got the rear locker issues worked out and back in. Aluminum LCA's with rod ends all around to replace the frame side flex joint that melted down. Ordered the Magnuson SC yesterday. Hopefully will be going in by next weekend.

Down to just over 100 days. Any word on those guys making it or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode