Rock Krawler and River Raider East Coast Wrangler Run - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Rock Krawler and River Raider East Coast Wrangler Run

Guys

Rock Krawler and River Raider are looking to put together and East Coast Wrangler Run. Other manufacturer's are welcome to come along as well. We are looking to start in the North East and End in the South East. We would like to combine some cool scenic stops and cool wheeling stops. We would be reaching as far west as Hanibal MO for some great wheeling.

Some cool scenic stop possibilities, Top of Mount Washington NH or the Top of White Face Mountain in Lake Placid NY to start, then start heading south. We would stop to wheel at Rausch Creek, then continue to head south. We would like to end up at Daytona Beach FL. Maybe even get all the Wrangler's in attendence out on the Speedway.

Some other scenic stops for concideration are the Washington Monument, Washington DC. Wouldn't it be cool to pull up to Washington with 1000+ Wranglers and let the politicians know what we like to do? The Arch in St. Louis. Let us know your thoughts.

For wheeling stops, we would certainly be looking at Rausch Creek, Hanibal MO, Possibly the Big Dogs area. Let us know your thoughts there as well?

We are looking at a trip that would be fun for all! We are looking to schedule the trip between the last week of August and the third week of September.

Again, all thoughts are welcome!

Rock Krawler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Rock God

Makes me wish I was on the Right Coast.... have fun!
post #3 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to RIPPMODS

Very cool - We're in....

The weekend before Labor day gets bad for us - but we are in providing the dates mesh....

RIPPTECH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'm in if I can make the dates work!
post #5 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Garage

You should reserve River Rock as well for a wheeling destination in Georgia.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #6 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayton1999 View Post
Makes me wish I was on the Right Coast.... have fun!
We can caravan it if the dates are good.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #7 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 12:49 PM
JKO Addict!

I don't know that I can make the trip but I would surely meet you at the monument in DC. I will hold the dates on my calendar though and perhaps I could do it!
post #8 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

From early feed back, the labor day week of 9/6 though 9/10 looks good, but let us know further thoughts.

If you cannot make the entire trip that is fine. You are certainly welcome to join up for legs you are able to attend.

Rock Krawler
post #9 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 12:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

x2 on River Rock, but there are a lot of other good spots in the Southeast. I'd love to meet up with you guys. I don't think I could do the whole run, but who knows.

Here's a map of wheeling areas in the Southeast. Tellico would be a no brainer if it wasn't closed.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...ffaff05de5&z=7
post #10 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
The Arch in St. Louis. Let us know your thoughts.
Yes, Please!!!!!!!
post #11 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

sounds great and i would go but thats about the time i would head back out on rotation. though im sure i can make my JK available. PM sent

• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #12 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Rock God

Great idea guys....Of course rausch creek is great, and big dogs off road in Gore VA is a great time as well. They host huge events and I'm sure John would like to set something up.

LJ Rubicon
post #13 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Rock God

This might be an epic run.

Maybe we could hit cape point as we pass through north carolina.

RIVER RAIDER OFF-ROAD

post #14 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Guys/Gals

Please note that just because Kenny and I are posting this, we welcome all manufacturer's to join in the fun! We don't plan on excluding anyone! That shit just isn't cool.

Jeremy
post #15 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 03:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Giving us a lot of notice...may have to clear my calendar!!

Are you guy's planning to trailer your rigs between spots or is this going to be "Ultimate Adventure" style??
post #16 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I could be in depending on the dates, should be in NOVA by then.

I'll keep tabs on the planning and try to get in on as much as my schedule allows.

Bill aka

ɯǝlqoɹd ɐ ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ'uoʇsnoɥ
'09 JK - 4.5", 37's, snorkel, chopped flares, XRC Front Bumper (FOR SALE - $11,750)
'98 TJ - 3", 32's
'89 M101A2 trailer - cargo/expedition wagon
'89 Winnebago Chieftain - camper/tow rig

Trail Guide: 2015-2017 Topless for Tatas, 2015-2017 Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
post #17 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

For the most part we are planning on UA style. However, we might bring our hauler so we can carry tools and stuff for everyone to use just to keep the party moving!

Rock Krawler
post #18 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 04:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

this sounds AWESOME, you guys will have to stop in NC and hit Uwharrie and Carolinabackwoods. Maybe some TN parks too.

check this out too http://www.4x4crossracing.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #19 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Rock God

I would certainly be up for participating in atleast half of this run barring work scheduled that far down the calender....great idea. Lets rock climb up the marble steps of the capital building....

08 2dr X, Rock Krawler Arms and front truss, C Gussets, FT 3" Springs, JKS Trackbars & Discos, AEV Snorkel, Warn Front Bumper, Rancho Rear Bumper, 35" BFG KM2, Recon 10500 Winch, Synthetic Line, Coast Rear Shaft 1350, KC Slimlites, Cobra 75 CB
post #20 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

video highlights of big event Rick Hendrick(race car owner) Toyota had at Uwharrie in Nov.

YouTube - Uwharrie National Forest Rockvember Official video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #21 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 05:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Yup, this sounds great! I am going to do my best to make this.
post #22 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Rock God

If you guys make it into DC, I ofcourse recommend visiting all the national monuments, but I highly recommend the Holocost Museum. I love WWII stuff, and that museum was awesome.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #23 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 05:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

this sounds awesome id like to go
post #24 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 06:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
this sounds AWESOME, you guys will have to stop in NC and hit Uwharrie and Carolinabackwoods. Maybe some TN parks too.

check this out too http://www.4x4crossracing.com/
x2 - I think that would ROCK!! Literally!! I thnk that we would invade Uwharrie.. I know I would go wheel at Uwharrie..

An this is for all those damn Land Rovers this past spring..

Have a big ass meeting in Toledo also.. Imagine the message we will give Jeep if we could get as many Jeep owners showing up in Toledo..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.

Last edited by benmar2000; 12-17-2009 at 06:35 PM.
post #25 of 60 Old 12-17-2009, 06:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wish I could make it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode