MOAB 2010 EJS any plans? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 152 Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

MOAB 2010 EJS any plans?

Any official plans for a 2010 EJS JK event? at this point Im planning to to go with a few other people from my area but I think Im the only JK in our group going. Just curious if there was anything being planned?

08 Rescue Green Rubi - SOLD
O5 - LJ Rubicon RK Xfactor long arm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 152 Old 11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My plan right now is to leave Florida on the Friday, weekend before Easter.

Get to Moab on Sunday, wheel Mon-Thurs, go to the vendor show Thurs afternoon and head back East on Friday AM so I can be home Easter Sunday PM. Six days of driving for 4 days of wheeling but it's better then nothing!! Already booked my rooms in town.
post #3 of 152 Old 11-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
Six days of driving for 4 days of wheeling but it's better then nothing!!
or put another way.....Ten days of driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 152 Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I already have a place booked. just thought Id toss it out there to maybe meetup one day and do a trail together.

post #5 of 152 Old 11-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Rock God

We will be there for the week.
Maybe we can do a JKO meet up one of the evenings.

RIVER RAIDER OFF-ROAD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 12:27 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

We decided to visit the week after this year so we can get some good trails in!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #7 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 07:06 AM
TJT
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
We decided to visit the week after this year so we can get some good trails in!

Jason
x2
post #8 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 08:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Our biggest plan is to be there and have some fun! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Rock Krawler
post #9 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGJEEPER View Post
Any official plans for a 2010 EJS JK event? at this point Im planning to to go with a few other people from my area but I think Im the only JK in our group going. Just curious if there was anything being planned?
Might hook up with you for the trip out from Atlanta. You towing? Went last year and had a blast. EJS is much earlier in 2010 due to early Easter, and I highly recommend the southern route on 40 thru Albuquerque. Last year it snowed 4 consecutive weekends, including beginning and end of EJS, closing the Vail pass on 70. It was slippery and in a snow storm to the south going over the continental divide coming home to.

Quote:
My plan right now is to leave Florida on the Friday, weekend before Easter.

Get to Moab on Sunday, wheel Mon-Thurs, go to the vendor show Thurs afternoon and head back East on Friday AM so I can be home Easter Sunday PM. Six days of driving for 4 days of wheeling but it's better then nothing!! Already booked my rooms in town.
Quote:
I already have a place booked. just thought Id toss it out there to maybe meetup one day and do a trail together.
You guys not participating in the EJS rides at all? We loved it last year and made a lot of new friends from all over. Did Hells Revenge, Cliff Hanger, Behind the Rocks, Golden Spike, Metal Masher, and Moab Rim.

Leaving the Jeep out this year, and spending May 27-Jun 6 there with the family and a GA Trail Riders/Southern Jeeps group too. 10 rigs signed up so far.

post #10 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 08:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
or put another way.....Ten days of driving.
I don't count trail days....That's relax time!! Maybe not on some of the trails!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Should we reserve BFE on Wednesday and invite all forums to join us???
post #11 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Might hook up with you for the trip out from Atlanta. You towing? Went last year and had a blast. EJS is much earlier in 2010 due to early Easter, and I highly recommend the southern route on 40 thru Albuquerque. Last year it snowed 4 consecutive weekends, including beginning and end of EJS, closing the Vail pass on 70. It was slippery and in a snow storm to the south going over the continental divide coming home to.

You guys not participating in the EJS rides at all? We loved it last year and made a lot of new friends from all over. Did Hells Revenge, Cliff Hanger, Behind the Rocks, Golden Spike, Metal Masher, and Moab Rim.

Leaving the Jeep out this year, and spending May 27-Jun 6 there with the family and a GA Trail Riders/Southern Jeeps group too. 10 rigs signed up so far.
Not sure if Ill be towing or driving out at this point. The passes thru CO can add a bit of adventure to the trip. Ill make the route decision once we pull out and head that way. I live off hwy 70 west so its easier to just head that way. I plan to run a few trails with the EJS folks but my group usually plans around the EJS groups and we enjoy the trails without the crowds. If your coming thru St. Louis on your way out and want to jeepavan with us that would be fine.

post #12 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 10:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I did two runs with the Red Rock club this year (Kane Creek & Poison Spider) and don't plan on doing any with them next year.

The group is great and they did a great job but the number of people on the trail rides was way too many. I did enjoy the people that I met on the runs but seeing that I only have 4 days I need to maximize my trail time/# of trails.

For example, when I did Kane Creek with EJS this year we had 46 Jeeps on our run and it took us 7 hours/off the trail at 4:30pm. My buddies that live in Utah did Kane Creek the day after us on their own and did it in leisurely 4 hours, had lunch and had time to do another trail in the afternoon.

Same story with Poison Spider, had 52 Jeeps on our trail ride. I was in the front of the group and when we got up on top of the Mesa we were waiting at least an hour for the tailgunner. When we got to the Wedge the group was stopped so everyone could watch the 52 Jeeps go thru it. Just too many Jeeps and too many obstacles.

One thing to consider...when the Red Rock club is on a trail it is closed to the public and open to only them. Need to be strategic and plan your trail rides around the club.
post #13 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Rock God

Quote:
If your coming thru St. Louis on your way out and want to jeepavan with us that would be fine.
I'll stay south, through Albuquerque, but thanks. Let's hook up in Moab.

Quote:
I need to maximize my trail time/# of trails.
X2! I'm in! Will you make a daily trail plan ahead of time? We'll do 2 a day on the May trip as well. Once the EJS trail list is out, it's easy to see where they are not. I'll probably ride at least 1 day with them as some of my friends are leading and gunning Pritchetts, and that gets me a ticket to the Friday night raffle!

post #14 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Maybe we should have a big gay butt party out at Area BFE. We could offer public beatings to anyone with the JKF sticker on their Jeep, or to anyone with a ponytail, and have a bunch of armed goons to kick anybody out that tries to speak without being asked to speak...

I'll be there all week.
post #15 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 02:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
Maybe we should have a big gay butt party out at Area BFE. We could offer public beatings to anyone with the JKF sticker on their Jeep, or to anyone with a ponytail, and have a bunch of armed goons to kick anybody out that tries to speak without being asked to speak...

I'll be there all week.
Second the motion. I love the idea of beating JKF supporters.
post #16 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 03:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
X2! I'm in! Will you make a daily trail plan ahead of time? We'll do 2 a day on the May trip as well. Once the EJS trail list is out, it's easy to see where they are not. I'll probably ride at least 1 day with them as some of my friends are leading and gunning Pritchetts, and that gets me a ticket to the Friday night raffle!
Almost have to make a trail plan to make sure you can see all the trails you want. Trails like Poison Spider and Fins & Things may only have one day during the week that are not on the schedule. There are always night rides!!

More details as we get closer...
post #17 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I try and support every site that supports the hobby. so if that means Im going to catch a beat down let me know. Ill be sure and pack a lunch and prepare for the worse.

post #18 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

We had plans to drive out to Boulder a few days early, meet up with my cousin that lives there (wheels a jacked up CJ) and head out for the festivities.

Sadly, with my missus losing her job, we are counting our pennies right now. If things change soon, plans will be changing
post #19 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to redneckjk

planning to go the whole week of EJS. am interested in a jeepvan and would like to hook up and wheel with peeps that have been there before.
post #20 of 152 Old 11-25-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckjk View Post
planning to go the whole week of EJS. am interested in a jeepvan and would like to hook up and wheel with peeps that have been there before.
I will be there the entire week as well. Ive been 5 times. We usually run hells revenge,fins and things,moab rim,metal masher,pritchett,Kane Creek,and poisen spider/gold bar/golden spike trails. Your welcome to tag along, not sure which one we are going to do with the actual EJS crew yet but we usually do one with them to get the ticket for the raffle.

post #21 of 152 Old 11-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to redneckjk

Quote:
I will be there the entire week as well. Ive been 5 times. We usually run hells revenge,fins and things,moab rim,metal masher,pritchett,Kane Creek,and poisen spider/gold bar/golden spike trails. Your welcome to tag along, not sure which one we are going to do with the actual EJS crew yet but we usually do one with them to get the ticket for the raffle.
any and all of those sound great. have reservations made and am hoping the wife can get the time off as well. will keep an eye out here as time approaches.
post #22 of 152 Old 11-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Rock God

Im going for 2010 godwilling, Reserved at canyonlands campground i think is the name. I hope to leave so. fla. wednesday after work, and arrive sometime saturday. After reading the posts above, ill be taking 1-40...

i would also like to join in some jko rides... even tho i drive a TJ
post #23 of 152 Old 12-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSFJC View Post
X2

Thean Bellocchi
Poly Performance Inc.

Sales & Tech Support
805-783-2060 Ext. 200
Makers of the JK Synergy Suspension Systems & Parts.
post #24 of 152 Old 12-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSFJC View Post
Im going for 2010 godwilling, Reserved at canyonlands campground i think is the name. I hope to leave so. fla. wednesday after work, and arrive sometime saturday. After reading the posts above, ill be taking 1-40...

I am planning on attending this year.. Moose and I are towing the rigs out Friday 3/26 and staying out there for a week.

įlllllį

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #25 of 152 Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I am planning on attending this year.. Moose and I are towing the rigs out Friday 3/26 and staying out there for a week.
See you there! Where ya staying?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode