Beginners’ 4wd Clinic
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Camp Verde AZ
: 9:45 AM. Depart at 10 AM, with approximate return time 12:30 PM
: Camp Verde Chevron
(at I-17 exit #287, on the southwest corner of I-17 and Hwy 260 interchange)
• 4L transfer case (if you are not sure, call)
• All tires, and spare in good working order
• Basic trail and club etiquette
• Basic preparation
• 2H, 4H, 4L: Which one and why
• Airing down tires: When and how much
• Clearance, articulation, surface traction, and “picking a line”
• Terrain types: sand, rocks and wash-outs—typical easy/moderate Arizona trails
For new 4x4 drivers (new drivers, not necessarily new 4x4's ):
If you want to understand how your Jeep functions on the trail…
If you want to try out some trails, but have hesitated to join a club run…
If you aren’t sure what “rock rash” is but are pretty sure you don’t want any…
This is the course for you!
This is an on-trail clinic—all relevant discussion and questions are encouraged. Scratches and body damage are not likely on the main route, though drivers wishing to take more adventurous options may encounter brush or skid plate contact.
Nena Barlow of Barlow Jeep Rentals & Sedona Jeep School
Joey Steiner of The Jeepin’ Bug
Limit 12 vehicles
. Sign-up now!
Email [email protected]
1. Your name
2. Your cell phone number
3. Vehicle description: year, model, any modifications
For questions or sign-ups contact us at: [email protected]
Feel free to spread the flier around to people you know who have been reluctant to join or post up!