EJS 2014 JKO & Vendor runs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

EJS 2014 JKO & Vendor runs

So, Crawl Magazine is doing their readers ride on Tuesday at AreaBFE.

Are any vendors or JKO going to do a Sunday, Monday or Wednesday run?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 02:16 PM
WINNAR!

Garage

I want to!

Andy

post #3 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 03:44 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Nothing scheduled yet but we wanna put something together... a JKO run would be rad but Lance said he didn't want to organize one this year. Maybe if we shit talk him enough right here he will decide to do some work... Retirement must be nice:/

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I've never met an entrepreneur who has been able to permanently retire to leisure.

post #5 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 05:42 PM
It never ends...

We could just name the meeting place, the day, the time, target a good trail and do it.

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
Adventures of Rex Thread:
post #6 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well, I'm probably going to do Pritchett on Sunday because I like doing it forwards and backwards as an in-and-out trail. Unless you run Pritchett starting after about 1 pm, it will only be available Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I'll probably do Metal Masher on Monday.

Golden Spike, Rusty Nail, Poison Spider, and Gold Bar Rim are open Wednesday and Friday.

I'll probably do either Rusty Nail or all three Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim on Wednesday.

I tend to travel at a good pace. So, really large groups I'd split up by how fast people want to go.

post #7 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 08:21 PM
It never ends...

Out and back Pritchett on Sunday makes a lot of sense. I'm in for that. Thats a good one to do as a group--not too long.

Wed sound good too. Usually we do the same---head up Rusty nail, come down Gold Bar Rim.

I also want to get in a high speed run on Behind the Rocks.

Planman, are you bringing your buggy? Britney Spears calls..Black Flag too.

Bob, kent and jen, me, Greg will all be staying at the KOA in our buses.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #8 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Depends on the weather.

Planning on the JK, but have been looking at pics and videos of Black Flag and Brittany Spears and hear the challenge calling.

I'll be at Slickrock in the toyhauler with a friend who has a V8 juggy on 40s.

Last edited by planman; 02-13-2014 at 09:00 PM.
post #9 of 46 Old 02-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
Well, I'm probably going to do Pritchett on Sunday because I like doing it forwards and backwards as an in-and-out trail. Unless you run Pritchett starting after about 1 pm, it will only be available Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I'll probably do Metal Masher on Monday.

Golden Spike, Rusty Nail, Poison Spider, and Gold Bar Rim are open Wednesday and Friday.

I'll probably do either Rusty Nail or all three Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim on Wednesday.

I tend to travel at a good pace. So, really large groups I'd split up by how fast people want to go.

If you end up doing Metal Masher on Monday, a buddy of mine and I will see you out there. We signed up for our trails a couple of weeks ago.

You bring up a good point: can more than one trail be run in a day? The online signup limits you to one trail per day... if you pay your daily access fee, can you run other trails than the one you signed up for (should the run end early)? This will be my first time out in Moab... I hope to learn the ropes before we get out there.

I'd like to see a JKO run put together... Subscribing to stay on top of the plans.

post #10 of 46 Old 02-14-2014, 02:41 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by illyb View Post
You bring up a good point: can more than one trail be run in a day? The online signup limits you to one trail per day... if you pay your daily access fee, can you run other trails than the one you signed up for (should the run end early)? This will be my first time out in Moab... I hope to learn the ropes before we get out there.
This year will be my first time in Moab as well and I have the same question. Can you do more than one trail each day? If so, how do you know how long each trail will take or do you just ballpark it by the description?
post #11 of 46 Old 02-14-2014, 04:14 AM
It never ends...

We've never signed up for trails for EJS. Instead we usually get together with friends or a vendor group or a magazine group and do trails. We frequently do more than one trail a day. Sometimes three or four.

The only thing is, as Planman pointed out, many trails are closed part of the day on certain days. So we work around those.

Trails time depends on group size, experience of drivers, capability of rigs, and breakage. In general when things go right, any individual trail doesn't take long (an hour to a few hours each). However a combo like poison slider, golden spike, gold bar rim makes for a very full day.

Hells revenge, which is a must do if you've never been there, can take less than a couple hours, if things go right.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:

Last edited by LeftHandRubi; 02-14-2014 at 04:40 AM.
post #12 of 46 Old 02-14-2014, 09:25 AM
JKowners Vendor

Bummed to hear from Lance there isn't a JKO run this year. Our schedule is filling up so hoping you guys make something happen. JK-Forums run is Monday and JKFreaks are maybe thinking Wednesday.
post #13 of 46 Old 02-14-2014, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by illyb View Post
You bring up a good point: can more than one trail be run in a day?
If you run in a relatively large group, one trail per day is about what you get because the group spreads out on the trail like a big "slinky," inevitably, someone will break something, and often, too many people make too many attempts at obstacles before moving on.

If you run in a smaller group, with rigs built appropriately for the trail, many of the trails in Moab can be run in 2-4 hours. So, you can do as many as 3 trails in a day.

When we've gone as a family and taken three of our jeeps and met up with a few more--so the size of our group was 6-8 at best--we've regularly done 3 trails a day.

You can do Hells Revenge in the morning in a few hours, then grab fast food at a drive-through and do Moab Rim in a few hours (going all the way to the end at the sand hill), and then run Cliffhanger in a few hours. Then, head back to the Moab Brewery for dinner.

People commonly do Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim in a day. This is often called Triple Threat.

People do Pritchett Canyon and then Behind the Rocks backwards in a day. I've done Pritchett forwards and backwards, and then did Moab Rim in a day.

People do Metal Masher in the morning, and then do Rusty Nail and the end of Golden Spike, and then Gold Bar Rim in a day.

It isn't as possible to take a group of more than about 12-15 rigs through trails fast enough to 3 in a day--except for Triple Threat.

RR4W run very large groups instead of splitting them up to smaller groups and then staggering them by rig/driver capability and speed preference.

post #14 of 46 Old 02-15-2014, 07:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL OFFROAD View Post
Bummed to hear from Lance there isn't a JKO run this year. Our schedule is filling up so hoping you guys make something happen. JK-Forums run is Monday and JKFreaks are maybe thinking Wednesday.
JKF is actually organizing one?

post #15 of 46 Old 02-15-2014, 07:30 AM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post

Sponsored by that cool hood company.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #16 of 46 Old 02-15-2014, 07:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
Sponsored by that cool hood company.

Funny. I didn't get the memo

post #17 of 46 Old 02-15-2014, 10:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Correct. We partnered with Teraflex after being asked to join it.

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/easte...tatoes-295818/
post #18 of 46 Old 02-16-2014, 10:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Man I need to figure out lodging ASAP

post #19 of 46 Old 02-16-2014, 07:00 PM
It never ends...

Quote:
Man I need to figure out lodging ASAP

Thought you couldn't get off work?

I've got room. You're welcome to it.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #20 of 46 Old 02-16-2014, 08:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
Thought you couldn't get off work?

I've got room. You're welcome to it.

I think by then I will be ok but as a contractor I wont get paid

post #21 of 46 Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 AM
JKowners Vendor

Guys

We got the news from Lance as well so PSC and RK are working on getting two trail rides organized. One on Monday and one on Wednesday. I believe we are working on Steel Bender for Monday and Pritchett for Wednesday. Don't worry Pig, your guys can come along again. Pretty cool guys...

RK
post #22 of 46 Old 02-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Granite Guru

Pritchett my vote.

Silver 4 Door JK
60's / 40's
Ripp
Rebel Off Road Suspension
King Shocks
post #23 of 46 Old 02-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Granite Guru

I'm in! My group signed up for an official ride Sunday just to support RR4W and have the rest of the week free.

- offroad inspired decals for your jeep
--
2008 Unlimited Rubicon - Silver (Locked and Loaded)
2014 Unlimited Sport - Billet Silver (Mall Crawler)
post #24 of 46 Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 AM
Rock God

I'm not with JAO anymore, but wouldn't mind meeting some of you goons in person if you don't mind my trail rig... a stretched, locked, three-linked decently built YJ tagging along.

We're leaving KY the afternoon of Thursday the 10th, arriving either late evening or early morning Saturday and staying at Moab Rim RV Park & Campgrounds.

Two official EJS runs. One on Pritchett Canyon on Tuesday and Hell's Revenge on Big Saturday since I know a couple of the trail guides for that ride. Pirate run on Rusty Nail on Friday.

So at this point, I'm keeping my schedule open for the arriving Saturday. Also free on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday. Monday, I sort of have something scheduled, but I'm open to changing it if something better comes along. Also, love night runs any day of the week.
post #25 of 46 Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 AM
JKowners Vendor

I am already leading runs (as usual) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but have always joined and contributed for the JKO Woody's party afterwards. Will be happy to still do, if it's on?

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode