FITD XVIII - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

FITD XVIII

I'll be leading a run at the Fun in the Desert event September 25-27. The FITD event is held in Johnson Valley California, home of the world famous Hammer trails. This is where rock crawling was born. I’d love to have a group of well built JK’s to run with. This event is put on by the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers and participation on this run would require registration here http://www.victorvalley4wheelers.com/fitd/overview/

It looks like I’ll be leading the Outer Limits trail which is rated 5 on a scale of 1-5 by the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers. For reference, for those of you who ran Claw on the JKO event last spring, Claw Hammer is rated 4+ and Mottino would be a 3+ or a 4. Minimum vehicle requirements would be lockers front and rear, 35” tires, body protection and most of all, a great attitude. You’ll also want to be familiar with your vehicle and carry spare parts. This is a long, tough trail and will likely take all day to complete with a large group. Dry camping on Means Dry lake is available and is highly recommended.

I’ve had the opportunity to talk to a couple of JKO’s and it seems there is interest in running the harder trails, now’s your chance! If we get enough early interest we may be able to make this a JK only run.

Who’s in!!!??!?? Hundy, Dr. Dirty, Puddlz, Riverkid, Andy…..

So Far we've got...
Biglar
007Jeep

Larry McRae

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Granite Guru

I won't be able to make this one, maybe next time.

Ronjk-forum, jk forum,jeep wrangler jk.
post #3 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpirate View Post
That's too bad Ron, I think you would have had a blast.

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Openly Hostile

Put me in for maybe. I'll know for sure in the next two weeks.

Jason
post #5 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 06:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Damn it. My wife's brother and his family are coming into town that weekend. If only it was the weekend before or after.

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #6 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Openly Hostile

Sounds like an excuse!

I want my 5.13's installed to run it, so If I can get the money together for that I'll be in.

Jason
post #7 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 06:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Sounds like an excuse!
Tell that to my wife. Besides his kids are the only niece/nephew I got, and I haven't seen them in two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
I want my 5.13's installed to run it, so If I can get the money together for that I'll be in.
Speaking of excuses. I wouldn't hesitate running it with my dinky little 4.10's.

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #8 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Openly Hostile

There are some gnarly tight climbs on outer limits and that's rough with 4.10's and a stick.

Jason
post #9 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Ogie,
Bring your family! Your niece and nephew would dig it.

SDMF,
Get those gears in and let’s have some fun!

BTW FITD is the first run of the Hammers season, I’m sure we’ll get out there a few more times before the seasons over.

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #10 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpirate View Post
Not with those springs...LOL
post #11 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishlinewest View Post
Not with those springs...LOL
Andy,
This would be a great place to test that new suspension of yours though, are you in?

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #12 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglar View Post
It looks like Iíll be leading the Outer Limits trail which is rated 5 on a scale of 1-5 by the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers. For reference, for those of you who ran Claw on the JKO event last spring, Claw Hammer is rated 4+ and Mottino would be a 3+ or a 4. Minimum vehicle requirements would be lockers front and rear, 35Ē tires, body protection and most of all, a great attitude.
Hey Larry,

It was great talking to you yesterday, and thanks for the invite to this trail run, but, if the requirement is lockers front & back, and the trail is that much harder than Mottino, I better not attempt it (this time). No way I'll have my new gears and rear locker installed before this event.

Have a great time, sounds like a bitchin' run.

Next time for sure.

Ty....

Your Southern California wheelin' Attorney

post #13 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4LOYR View Post
Hey Larry,

It was great talking to you yesterday, and thanks for the invite to this trail run, but, if the requirement is lockers front & back, and the trail is that much harder than Mottino, I better not attempt it (this time). No way I'll have my new gears and rear locker installed before this event.

Have a great time, sounds like a bitchin' run.

Next time for sure.

Ty....

Ty,
Your almost there with the winning of the gears and the install! I know you have the right attitude part nailed, I saw that on Mottino. Let me know if it comes together.

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #14 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Safari Straps

FITD

Hey Larry,
If you're leading, I'm following blindfolded. Had a blast on Outer Limits last year.
Signing up right now.
Come on SDMF, do it, lets go have some fun.
Who else is in?

Hatch
post #15 of 33 Old 08-30-2009, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Straps View Post
Hey Larry,
If you're leading, I'm following blindfolded. Had a blast on Outer Limits last year.
Signing up right now.
Come on SDMF, do it, lets go have some fun.
Who else is in?

Hatch
Right on Hatch!

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #16 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Well....I have a wedding that weekend, so I'll be secluded in a large house in Malibu, drinking as much as I can to try and forget that I'm trapped in a house and not out crawlin' around rocks with you guys.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #17 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 07:22 AM
Rock God

I'm doing the Rubicon...
post #18 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 07:39 AM
Wheeler

so have to ask... Is a Xjuggy outcasted? I do Not have a JK. But its still a jeep :-)

I typically go out with XJ groups but I can always use an excuss to get out to JV and the group we were around at the BBQ this past weekend seems cool. Not to mention I really would like to see how the JK does in the big rocks. I have had a few TJ's (not stretched) go with us out to JV, and even on claw at the mid waterfall, they had some issues due to wheelbase. It has got to be nice to have the extra length...
post #19 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_fab_&_Gears View Post
so have to ask... Is a Xjuggy outcasted? I do Not have a JK. But its still a jeep :-)

I typically go out with XJ groups but I can always use an excuss to get out to JV and the group we were around at the BBQ this past weekend seems cool. Not to mention I really would like to see how the JK does in the big rocks. I have had a few TJ's (not stretched) go with us out to JV, and even on claw at the mid waterfall, they had some issues due to wheelbase. It has got to be nice to have the extra length...

Come on out. My Wife will be driving our buggy and I've got a few friends bringing their buggies also, plus a few non JK Jeeps. The more the merrier.

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #20 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 10:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

OK Larry

If Hatch can make it I will come out and support you guys,

Hey, where the heck is LIKA
post #21 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 10:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
OK Larry

Hey, I'm back from the dead. I will need to try and convince the wife that I need to get away.

It aint happening, I have a prior engagement (USC game) sorry, maybe in my next life

JKUS Sort of

Last edited by MR LIKA; 08-31-2009 at 12:54 PM.
post #22 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
Hey, I'm back from the dead. I will need to try and convince the wife that I need to get away.

It aint happening, I have a prior engagement (USC game) sorry, maybe in my next life
Isnít there a USC game every weekend? You could miss one couldnít you?

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #23 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUDDLZ View Post
OK Larry

Right on Puddlz! Are you camping?

Larry McRae

951-849-5911
Connect with us on:

post #24 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglar View Post
Isnít there a USC game every weekend? You could miss one couldnít you?
Yes, but all home games, I must load up the Jeep or Blazer and leave at 4:30 in the morning and setup for the tailgate party. Bond tried to call the college and have them change the date, but they would'nt.

JKUS Sort of
post #25 of 33 Old 08-31-2009, 04:05 PM
JKO Addict!

We look forward to wheelin' with you again, but Team Hundy will be at Fordyce creek that weekend.

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode