Been a while since I posted in this. The LJ is almost done.
--We plumbed all but one last brake line (fittings were not the right pitch).
--Engine is all buttoned up and back together. Damn thing fired right up after sitting 6 months. Love the 4.0.
--We routed the fuel lines on the driver side on top of the frame rail and wrapped them in 5/16 tubing to protect them.
--Skids are all on. On the oil pan skid, attach the mount with isolator while OFF the jeep so you can put the nuts on the inside. Much less to hang up on or destroy that way.
--Cut the factory exhaust and welded it up. Ditched the muffler so just running a resonator and dumping down just past the skid. We did not use the elbow pipe that came with the TF kit. It was much better to cut the factory pipe and weld it up. Damn thing sounds really good too. Previous owner put a borla exhaust on it.
--Drive shafts are on. Had already done the rear just had to do the front this weekend. Love the Adams shafts.
--Cut the factory fan shroud so that the coolant reservoir could mount.
Still to do:
--Order/install frame mount weld on sliders from VKS. The PSC rocker knockers do not work well with a body lift. Going to call them Monday now that I have the measurements.
--Plug holes drilled for rocker knockers with led lights and wire them up...
--Final brake line. Just need it flared. The shitty autozone flaring tool was shitty. Dropped them off at a local shop to get them flared (I already bent and cut them). Still need to bleed them.
--Figure out a longer portioning valve setup for the back brakes. Factory one does not have enough length to survive full droop on the 12" ORIs.
--Rig up the inside rack for the spare tire. I want to span the tub wheel wells with a square tubing frame for the tire to sit on parallel with the ground. This will put it right over the axle for better balance. I will also suspend the spare drive shaft and a spare axle shaft from this frame. Frame will use the back seat bolts for support as well.
--Cut rear body.
--Convince myself to get the Genright tank for the rear to stretch a little farther.
--Setup the compressor and locker actuators.
--Plumb the lockers.
--Replace the windshield where we cracked it working.
--Get the speakers back in and wired.
--Final suspension tweaking and alignment.
--Decide whether to keep the wiper fluid res or not. Strut hoop sits where it was. Could use the empty spot where the ABS module would go but not sure I even want to keep the spray.
--Figure out final air intake setup. We just put the factory on sitting up over the grill supports. A straight tube with cone filter should work fine. Just want a cheap and easy to replace paper filter. Don't want to mess with the oiled ones.
--Break in the tire sidewalls. Need to put them around 0 psi and run it up and down the street on a hot day.
Pull the body and weld up a few additional supports for the rear strut mounts. They are solid and fit great but some reinforcement in the rear would be nice. I only cut the frame half way through and it turned out really good. When we looked at it we agreed that this would be plenty stable and keep the frame more solid than going all the way back to the rear frame wall like I have seen some done.
Switch to an electric fan. Have a junkyard one ready.
Hydro assist. Probably a redneck ram.
Love the PSC laser fit cage.
The LJ will probably come home with me after 1 or 2 more working weekends. It will be ready for its maiden voyage then as well. I promise pictures after we get it cleaned up and rolling good. Will also provide "maiden voyage" pics of it at Morris Mountain. GBU, gauntlet, and destabilizer will be the breaking obstacles. I will also see how it does on Los Primos to test wheel base.