Need advise. Thinking of selling JK, to build LJ, help! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

Garage
Need advise. Thinking of selling JK, to build LJ, help!

I suppose I'm in the right spot for this post.

I have a 2008 JKU, as seen here http://www.extremecarsales.com/garysjeep.html

It's pretty well sorted out. Still needs a few things, but the hard stuff is done.

I'm thinking about selling it. I could use some of the cash for other projects. But, I'll only sell it, if I can be happy with an LJ, or maybe a TJ with extended wheelbase.

I wanted to get some opinions. I will mostly trailer the rig to runs, as we will take the motorhome and we're not much for tent camping any ways.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thx

Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
check out the 'albums' page, for a few jeep builds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Rock God

Dropping you a PM

Running as a Misfit amongst the JK's. Someone has to teach them how to wheel.

NW1T - VE
1034.3 Mall Crawler King
post #3 of 12 Old 05-11-2012, 11:06 AM

I am in the same boat with the exception that I already have the LJ. I have tried selling my 07 Rubi but the offers have been sad to say the least. I have bought, built, and sold many jeeps over the years so I have a good grasp on what can be expected on price but my Rubi isn't moving. I am about ready to give up on it and keep the JK as the play toy and the LJ as my DD.

I considered tearing it apart as close to stock as I could and selling it and parts seperately but decided against that. What if I got stuck with the stock jeep but all the parts were sold? Then I would just spend more $ building the stock Jeep back up.

Good luck if you decide to sell the JK.

07 JKU Rubicon - 3" teraflex lift, 1" PA bl, 37 BFG KM2s on 17" AEV Beadlocks, Warn 9.5ti, LoD front stinger, SOLID diff covers, Tuffy glove box, AEV Procal, LoD tire carrier, Fab Fours rocker guards, Poison Spyder flat fenders, Cobra 75wxst.

'06 Rubicon Unlimited, Impact Orange, 2" Rubicon Express BB, 1" PA bl, 33" Coopers, Big Daddy Offroad rear swingout, Warn M8274.

'11 Sahara Unlimited - wife's and has to stay stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 PM
JKO Addict!

I like the tj I just bought, comfortable, more power than JK, I should start the build on it soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
post #5 of 12 Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Rock God

Garage

I was in the same boat as you
Put the Jk up for trade for a built Tj/lj plus cash on pirate, I got a ton of offers lots of guys want to go back to something streetable
I now have a 95 hemi yj with a ton of cool custom work

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #6 of 12 Old 05-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Every time I think about selling mine posts like this remind me why I have the LJ

Jeep Sales/Adventure Jeep Packages/Parts
480-788-7245 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Perfomance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Customs Ripp Superchargers
post #7 of 12 Old 05-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Rock God

Love built up LJ's I think they are the perfect middle ground. Streetable, great wheelers and length/width are about perfect. The best for me is less electronics to mess wit then the JK's

NW1T - VE
1034.3 Mall Crawler King
post #8 of 12 Old 05-16-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed

Garage

Well the JK sold a few days ago. Now I'm searching for an LJ. :-)

check out the 'albums' page, for a few jeep builds
post #9 of 12 Old 05-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme454 View Post
Well the JK sold a few days ago. Now I'm searching for an LJ. :-)
That was quick! I know there is one in Hayward, and one in Petaluma I saw recently. I won't be the only one anymore! yay!!!!

NW1T - VE
1034.3 Mall Crawler King
post #10 of 12 Old 08-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Wheeler

04 LJ Mild build

So I haven't Posted it yet, I bought a 2010 rubi JKU. I am preparing to sell my 04 LJ. 3.5 RE, bumpers , rockers, silver hardtop, 55kish miles. 1" body 315/75/16 on eagle alloy's AC cruise poison spider corners paited silver to match w/ L.E.D's. Uninstalled 4to 1 and unwelded tube fenders F/R.I love this Jeep but need the space of the JKU. 3 daughters I am in Nor Cal and if the 4 to 1 and fenders are going w/ it I am going to start it at 17,500 16,000 without.
post #11 of 12 Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I'm married to my 2door 08 JK. But I think that the perfect wheelbase for a good build is an LJ. My son is looking for one and I'll be helping him to do a build soon.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #12 of 12 Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Granite Guru

Traded my 08 Rubi unlimited for a 06 LJ with 4D's and 60's under it and haven't looked back. Love the 4.0 over the 3.8 and nice having gotten rid of all the computer shit in the JK. Don't get me wrong I liked the Jk but the LJ is a lot better Jeep.

2008 Black Rubi Unlimited
4" TeraFlex w/full arms, ACOS ,37" ProComp Xtreme M/T's, Walker Evans Beadlocks, Poly draglink, Poly tierod, PSC front bfh bumper, Rockhard rear bumper, Dynatrac PR44 w/5.38's, Warn winch w/synthetic line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode