EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED PLEASE!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-01-2011, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!

I am putting a lift on a 99 TJ and when tightening the pitman arm nut, I stripped the nut out. The shaft is fine but the nut is toast. I called the dealer to try to get the nut and you have to buy the whole steering box. I dont want to spend $400 to replace a nut. Anyone know if any other ones would fit or where to get any replacement that would fit? Any idea of the specs on that nut? I have searched like crazy and not found any info. I called all local Jjunk yards and no one in my area has any wrangler parts. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!

2009 SUNBURST ORANGE JK 4 DOOR SOFT TOP. 4" PRO COMP LIFT W/ 35" X 12.50" PROCOMP EXTREME ALL TERRAINS ON 18" ULTRA ROGUE WHEELS. FABTECH PRE-RUNNER FRONT BUMPER. HID LIGHT KIT AND STILL BUILDING...........

RED DRAGONS!!!

shout out to Ellis Mate

p.s....I took a sh*t in your Moms fish tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Granite Guru

besides a junk yard im not sure where you can get one. Do you have a picture of it.. or whats left of it? maybe someone can suggest a replacement from being able to see the bolt.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

Just go to a junk yard and take one off. If not you can try Jeepsareus.com

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-01-2011, 10:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

thats B.S. according to this part site who I have used many times, the nut lists for $53 they have it for $35 though

http://factorydiscountparts.com/inde...10&catid=30161

you can email Jeremy at [email protected] first if you want to make 100% sure its the right nut

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #5 of 6 Old 09-05-2011, 04:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

check junk yard on othe rjjep models. we ran into the same problem on a 93 yukon, turns out the nut from a 80 camaro is the same

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #6 of 6 Old 09-08-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTO X JK View Post
I am putting a lift on a 99 TJ and when tightening the pitman arm nut, I stripped the nut out. The shaft is fine but the nut is toast. I called the dealer to try to get the nut and you have to buy the whole steering box. I dont want to spend $400 to replace a nut. Anyone know if any other ones would fit or where to get any replacement that would fit? Any idea of the specs on that nut? I have searched like crazy and not found any info. I called all local Jjunk yards and no one in my area has any wrangler parts. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!
call J&W http://www.jwjeep.com/ they will send you one today, $20 min purchase but it beats $400 bucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode