Diesel Swap kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Diesel Swap kit

Check out this new Diesel conversion.....

Jptrails.com

Quote:
If your like me and love Jeeps but want economy your not alone. I have been searching high and low but with little support from after market companies doing your own swap could me a nightmare! Now there is a solution...HPA Motorsports. Hpa motorsports will be offering TDI conversions for the CJ/YJ/TJ in the very near future. There are many versions of the TDI and if you want simple you can convert a electronic diesel back to mechanical pump injection meaning fewer wires and no computers. The TDI typically produces 90HP/178Ft Tq which may not sound like its enough to switch to a TDI conversion. A simple turbo upgrade or intercooling can net 100-150Ft Tq so now the upgrade has your attention. I am pretty familir with the TDI motor since I owned a 2005 Jetta PD TDI which I never got below 42mpg on average, my best tank being 47 1/2mpg. Now we're talking about Jeeps and they are not designed to get into the 40's....maybe the 30's..maybe. I am sharing a company newsletter which I recently received and wanted to share. Also if your going to Sema the project YJ test Jeep will be there TBA.
Name:  collage350.jpg
Views: 20778
Size:  180.9 KB

Quote:
The past several weeks have been busy ones as our team has been working aggressively to finalize tooling and fitment for the Jeep TDI conversion while at the same time, augmenting our YJ’s running gear with a variety of upgraded parts.

To ensure our YJ was up to the task of transmitting the torque and HP of our TDI swap, both the Dana 30 and 35 axles have been torn out and beefed up. Precision Gear was called upon to outfit these small pumpkins with 4:10 gears and Alloy USA delivered unbelievable axles. The quality of these parts builds back our confidence in these OEM axles.

We have made some minor adjustments to our initial engine mounts to facilitate a seamless integration with the OEM rubber mounts. We have elected to supply a ready to install flywheel along with heat shields for the starter to protect it from the downpipe. Lastly, the downpipe has been re-routed to ensure it mates with off the shelf 2.5” exhaust systems. In our case, a Magnaflow has been strapped to the underside of the YJ.

Our Stage 1 Grouping is now finalized and is targeted to the “Do It Yourself” enthusiast. Take a browse through the product photo gallery to see detailed pictures of the installation. Note: Our engine mounts can either be bolted in or welded on. The installation images showcase the installation using the supplied bolts. Minor clearancing is required on the AX-5 bell housing to accommodate Bosch starter nose

The Stage 1 adapter set is as follows:

• CNC flywheel/crankshaft adapter
• CNC bell housing adapter plate
• Left and Right Male / Female engine mount set.
• (OEM jeep rubber mounts not included)
• Downpipe
• CNC machined Starter flange and heat shields
• (Bosch Starter not included)
• Flywheel and Crankshaft bolts
• Dowel pins for bell housing
• Turbo outlet adapter

Also included is a short OEM parts list to identify starters, engines etc. required for a successful conversion.
Stage 1 package $2599 USD

Our Stage 2 package’s intake track has been finalized. An air to water intercooler has been configured to optimize the space available under the hood, and sustain charge air cooling during low speed off-road applications. With off-road low gear terrain, air to air cooling intercooling as the factory TDI’s are equipped was simply not a good fit. Using a stand alone closed loop water system, our secondary radiator, cooling fan, pump and after cooler can maintain a steady state air intake charge best suited to feed our high torque output.

Our Jeep is bound for a debut at this years SEMA show. Once we return, we will develop the AX-15 adapter for late November release.

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Granite Guru

Saw this as I was searching to buy a diesel Wrangler (prior to buying a 2010).

Interestingly enough, I have a 2005 Golf TDI as well but don't have the scratch to combine the two.

2010 Unlimited Preferred Package: Manual EVERYTHING
post #3 of 17 Old 10-14-2010, 04:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

sounds nice but no mention of JK

what a great powerplant too! after the install a nice bio conversion would make it the perfect trail and dd jeep!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-14-2010, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post
sounds nice but no mention of JK

what a great powerplant too! after the install a nice bio conversion would make it the perfect trail and dd jeep!
A Jk kit can be done just needs new motor mounts and the ability to adapt the manual 6 speed or auto trans. The big issue with the JK is the electronics.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #5 of 17 Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

The JK conversion kit now being tested.

http://www.hpamotorsport.com/tdiconversions.htm

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #6 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 06:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

This is designed for the VW 1.9L TDI, right?

What's the power on these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #7 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
This is designed for the VW 1.9L TDI, right?

What's the power on these?
Stock 90hp 175tq.....with a tune get 120hp 275tq

Jd

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #8 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 08:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Very interesting if the JK version works with the electronics.
post #9 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4 View Post
Very interesting if the JK version works with the electronics.
Should they use a similar system.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #10 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 07:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Is it just me or does that seem like a big chunk to spend for ~50 more lbs/ft of torque?

Quote:

post #11 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 07:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Is it just me or does that seem like a big chunk to spend for ~50 more lbs/ft of torque?
275 ft*lbs at about 1500 RPM is solid...

The big thing is the 3.0L diesel out of the WK. That's the goal I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #12 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
275 ft*lbs at about 1500 RPM is solid...

The big thing is the 3.0L diesel out of the WK. That's the goal I think.
The 3.0 from the WK put out 215HP 400 ft tq thats overkill for economy in a JK. Plus that engine did not put up great EPA numbers.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #13 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Adding any engine makes no economic sense....

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #14 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 09:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I said nothing about economy... I guess when we're talking about 1500 rpm, that's a different story. Not sure I'd pay that kinda coin for it still, but definitely way different than I was thinking before.

Quote:

post #15 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
I said nothing about economy... I guess when we're talking about 1500 rpm, that's a different story. Not sure I'd pay that kinda coin for it still, but definitely way different than I was thinking before.
Maybe you misunderstood me......econmics as cost of swap. No engine swap makes sense from a cost stand point.

Jd

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #16 of 17 Old 02-26-2011, 10:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
The 3.0 from the WK put out 215HP 400 ft tq thats overkill for economy in a JK. Plus that engine did not put up great EPA numbers.

Jason
How is that too much? A lifted and loaded JK can use every HP and ft-lb it can get, especially when Unlimiteds are weighing it at 5000 lbs with ease.

BTW, 376 ft-lbs of torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #17 of 17 Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
How is that too much? A lifted and loaded JK can use every HP and ft-lb it can get, especially when Unlimiteds are weighing it at 5000 lbs with ease.

BTW, 376 ft-lbs of torque.
We're splitting hairs here.....

Its heavier and its been done....I am not a fan of a V6 diesel. I engine 4 banger diesels. I have owned a TDI and currently own a 2.8 CRD liberty. The 2.8 is the most fun to drive out of the 3.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode