National Jeep JK Event in Mexico - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-06-2009, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Mexico - National Jeep JK Event

Hi folks, just to let you know of an upcoming National JK event south of the border in Mexico:

REUNION JEEP JK MEXICO 2009

Dates: Nov 13 - 16, 2009 (Mexican long weekend)

Its about 5.5 hour drive south from Laredo, Texas. Real de Catorce is a very old mining town located in scenic Catorce mountains, steeped in very rich history and tradition. Designated as one of Mexico's Magical Pueblos.
Info on Real de Catorce
More Info

Details: This will be a JK only event. Trails rides for stock and modified JKs on Saturday and Sunday. Several social events and get-togethers, Mexican style! Mexican "jeeperos" know how to have a good time!

Accomodation: Hotel and tent camping. Due to very cool temperatures in Nov, hotel is recommended. Make your hotel accomodations as soon as possible. Space is limited. Hotel list

Is it safe?: Hell yes. Stay on the main freeway/highway on the way down and you'll be fine. If you feel uncomfortable traveling alone, travel in a group via the main highways and you'll be safe. If you want to travel in a caravan, let us know and we'll try to organize one.

Very unique opportunity to wheel south of the border. Several attendees will be english speaking.

More info:
If you can read spanish: http://www.jeeperos.com/foros/showthread.php?t=71431

If not, email us for info in english: [email protected]

Side note: The movies "The Mexican" (Brad Pitt/Julia Roberts) and "Bandidas" (Salma Hyak/ Penelope Cruz) were filmed in Real de Catorce. Matthew McConaughey, the actor, is a frequent visitor in the area.

2008 Rubicon 2 door 6.5" lift, 37" Swampers, RR narrow tube fenders, reinforced axles, long travel shocks, Rubicrawler 10.88:1, Allied Rockathon Beadlocks, AEV snorkel, Warn winch, purejeep rocker guard, stubby tire carrier, plus a ton of other mods.

Last edited by VSDPV; 10-09-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-23-2009, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

See pictures here: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17074

2008 Rubicon 2 door 6.5" lift, 37" Swampers, RR narrow tube fenders, reinforced axles, long travel shocks, Rubicrawler 10.88:1, Allied Rockathon Beadlocks, AEV snorkel, Warn winch, purejeep rocker guard, stubby tire carrier, plus a ton of other mods.
post #3 of 13 Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Don't know who your shooter was but VERY nice photo work. Thanks for posting

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

NO profesional shooter. Just assorted pictures from particpants' cameras.

post #5 of 13 Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Granite Guru

I love Mexico and the Mexican people, but will never go there in this turmoil that is going on. I realize that it is american drug lust that fuels the violence...but I have heard horror stories about what happens to gringos down there, To all who go... be careful and good luck.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

As a non-hispanic gringo who has been living in Mexico off and on for the past 30 years, I can tell you that most of the violence is limited to the border area with USA and in large cities. The violence is between rival drug gangs, police and military, and rarely involves members of the public. The Mexican countryside and resort areas are generally peaceful and safe. I have traveled, wheeled and camped all over Mexico in my jeeps and never had a problem. Once you understand the culture and which places to avoid, you are reasonably safe. Just as in many US cities, you avoid certain neighborhoods and locales. Always travel in a group (as jeepers generally do anyway). My personal experience has been that 99% of Mexicans are really nice, friendly, and very hospitable, even in the current situation.

Mexico offers an incredible amount of wheeling opportunities without all the hassles of land use regulations and closure issues that you have stateside. If you do travel into Mexico, plan your route carefully and hook up with the local jeep clubs.

post #7 of 13 Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Wheeler

A 2010 trip in the making ?

2007 JK 2DR 6 Spd RUBICON - Silver.

New York, NY
post #8 of 13 Old 06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Which cartel is sponsoring?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #9 of 13 Old 06-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Granite Guru

Gorgeous terrain. I'd love to wheel there.

2010 Surf Blue Pearl Unlimited
post #10 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Granite Guru

Gotta love the picture of Peyote just chilling on the side of the road...

It is more comfortable for me, in the long run, to be rude than polite.

08 2dr x model (Because I'm cheap)
Some dark red color....no it's not purple
Bigger than stock tires, winch front bumper and some other expensive sh*t to make my jeep look cool...(sold my children to afford it all)
post #11 of 13 Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

We are planing a trip thru baja i august from san diego al the way down to cabo 2 jeep clubs in mexico are going with us. ill keep you guys informed and if you are interested of going.

Thanks

Gus V.

1-800-341-7757 Ext. 123
Ask for Justin
post #12 of 13 Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORWJK View Post
We are planing a trip thru baja i august from san diego al the way down to cabo 2 jeep clubs in mexico are going with us. ill keep you guys informed and if you are interested of going.

Thanks

Gus V.
I live here in Loreto Baja Sur, please contact me to join the trip, im very intersted!!!
post #13 of 13 Old 05-24-2011, 04:53 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuikui!! View Post
I live here in Loreto Baja Sur, please contact me to join the trip, im very intersted!!!
Ok email me to [email protected] so i can show you the map.

1-800-341-7757 Ext. 123
Ask for Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode