Locking Rifle Rack? Looking For Ideas. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-06-2016, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Locking Rifle Rack? Looking For Ideas.

Hey folks. I know we have a few Sportsmen here. I am looking for some advice on a locking system for a rifle in my JK. I need a rack/lock that will secure one tactical rifle built on the AR15/M4 platform. SBR comparability is a must. I prefer it have both a key lock and an optional hidden button electronic release. However, if one or the other is missing, I won't rule it out.

Also, for those who have done the install, where did you mount yours?

I have already tried two from law enforcement suppliers, but the quality wasn't there and they didn't last. Plus, the locking systems took up a lot Of room.

Real-world feedback on first-hand experience is ideal.

Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

L/¯¯\\_ |"/¯¯¯(ºlllllllº)

_(¯))==))..(¯))==))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-13-2016, 08:49 AM
Rock God

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/guns-a...gun-mount.html

I gotta be me cause everyone else was already taken.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-14-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Would a shotgun mount work for an SBR? I haven't tried one.

_(¯))==))..(¯))==))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Rock God

if you click that link there is a reference to a product that looks exactly like what you want. mounts two rifles and has a key and elec release.

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #5 of 14 Old 11-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Granite Guru

Santa Cruz Gun locks is definitely the way to go.
post #6 of 14 Old 11-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
if you click that link there is a reference to a product that looks exactly like what you want. mounts two rifles and has a key and elec release.
Well, it isn't a product. It is a rack that I fabricated using locks from Santa Cruz Gun Locks. I'm just showing an example of what could be made. I was admittedly just being lazy and pasting a link to the thread instead of posting all over again for about the 3rd time. But Santa Cruz has a variety of locks suited to a wide variety of firearms. Fabricating a rack is not difficult as it is really just a thing to attach the Santa Cruz locks to and then attach to a location in the jeep.

post #7 of 14 Old 11-14-2016, 06:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcspaz View Post
Would a shotgun mount work for an SBR? I haven't tried one.
The Santa Cruz lock that I used for the AR is much like a handcuff and will accommodate many different styles of firearm from AR's to shotguns and certainly would work for an SBR if it is an AR platform. My challenge right now is to try and come up with an adaptation for a bullpup.

post #8 of 14 Old 11-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Granite Guru

After being in the security business for 30 years, "out of sight, out of mind" is the way to go. I just saw a nice locking safe for guns built for a JK somewhere. The picture showed it attached to the roll bar in the back and it had an AR in it.
post #9 of 14 Old 11-15-2016, 02:37 AM
Granite Guru

Locking Rifle Rack? Looking For Ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
After being in the security business for 30 years, "out of sight, out of mind" is the way to go. I just saw a nice locking safe for guns built for a JK somewhere. The picture showed it attached to the roll bar in the back and it had an AR in it.

www.grenadeacorp.com

Tucks up out of view when closed.

Plenty of place for a rifle and then some.

Last edited by ReconJeep; 11-15-2016 at 04:05 AM.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-15-2016, 05:36 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Well, it isn't a product. It is a rack that I fabricated using locks from Santa Cruz Gun Locks. I'm just showing an example of what could be made. I was admittedly just being lazy and pasting a link to the thread instead of posting all over again for about the 3rd time. But Santa Cruz has a variety of locks suited to a wide variety of firearms. Fabricating a rack is not difficult as it is really just a thing to attach the Santa Cruz locks to and then attach to a location in the jeep.
well than I would like to mention you did one hell of a nice looking job.

2008 JK
6spd
3.73:1
post #11 of 14 Old 11-15-2016, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
The Santa Cruz lock that I used for the AR is much like a handcuff and will accommodate many different styles of firearm from AR's to shotguns and certainly would work for an SBR if it is an AR platform. My challenge right now is to try and come up with an adaptation for a bullpup.
For some reason my phone didn't show that link as a link... But it works fine in the pc.

That's a great looking setup. $200 For the lock and but plate isn't bad either. I'll go e them a shot and see how it works out.

Thanks for the info and replies every. Much appreciated.

_(¯))==))..(¯))==))
post #12 of 14 Old 06-07-2017, 11:59 PM

Not sure if you can use the long rifle safe inside your JK. Ordinary safes vary from fire, burglary, TL&TLRL, dual purpose fire/burglary safes. If interested check for ratings and durability. Check this image of a long gun safe I found online, might be the kind you are looking for:
post #13 of 14 Old 08-03-2018, 04:28 AM

I would invest in a metal cabinet that locks. I have my guns in one of the locker style that holds 12 guns. It was about $150 on sell. Unless you know every single person that may have the opportunity to enter your home and know what type of people they are dont leave your guns out on display. Good way to have your guns walk off when you are not at home. Out of sight, out of mind.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
For all evils there are two remedies - time and silence.
All the best, Erp Software Development

Last edited by Dannone; 10-09-2018 at 05:50 AM.
post #14 of 14 Old 08-05-2018, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannone View Post
I would invest in a metal cabinet that locks. I have my guns in one of the locker style that holds 12 guns. It was about $150 on sell. Unless you know every single person that may have the opportunity to enter your home and know what type of people they are dont leave your guns out on display. Good way to have your guns walk off when you are not at home. Out of sight, out of mind.

This was for in a vehicle for open carry transportation, not for storage in a home.

_(¯))==))..(¯))==))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode