10/22 Takedown in Rear Storage Bin? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By UnlimiDozer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-17-2016, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
10/22 Takedown in Rear Storage Bin?

Has anyone tried fitting a 10/22 Takedown into the rear storage bin? I've take measurements on the bin, and it looks like it would be close if I take the plastic liner out. Probably won't fit with the liner in. Thanks.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimiDozer View Post
Has anyone tried fitting a 10/22 Takedown into the rear storage bin? I've take measurements on the bin, and it looks like it would be close if I take the plastic liner out. Probably won't fit with the liner in. Thanks.
I sold mine to my cousin a while ago (it's very compact and light, even when assembled and was perfect for his son to use for squirrel hunting with dad). I don't know how soon you need to know, but next time I'm over there I can check.

I bought mine mostly for the novelty. Fun plinker, but my cousin had a use for it and it seemed to make sense for him to get use out of it so I sold it to him. I suppose, like anything, you could find people with issues, but mine functioned flawless and was plenty accurate. And according to my cousin it is minute-of-squirrel-head accurate at squirrel hunting distances. Just my mileage in case you don't have any experience with the gun.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-17-2016, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
I sold mine to my cousin a while ago (it's very compact and light, even when assembled and was perfect for his son to use for squirrel hunting with dad). I don't know how soon you need to know, but next time I'm over there I can check.

I bought mine mostly for the novelty. Fun plinker, but my cousin had a use for it and it seemed to make sense for him to get use out of it so I sold it to him. I suppose, like anything, you could find people with issues, but mine functioned flawless and was plenty accurate. And according to my cousin it is minute-of-squirrel-head accurate at squirrel hunting distances. Just my mileage in case you don't have any experience with the gun.
Thanks BigTB. I'd like to throw one in the back for trips to the mountains/woods, and that looked like a great place for one if it will fit. No huge rush. Just thought someone on here might already have the info.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-12-2016, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Update on the question: it fits!

I can now confirm that this will work.

With the plastic liner:

And without:

Unfortunately, with the liner in place, the lid will not close. The bag is just too thick, and that's without anything extra in the pockets. Without the liner, the lid will close, but I can see where the bag could easily get too thick for the lid to close if there were lots of other items in the outer pockets.

BTW, For the benefit of Big Brother's ears, I can neither confirm nor deny the source of these photos, nor this information.
priell3 likes this.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:

Last edited by UnlimiDozer; 07-01-2017 at 07:01 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Rock God

Very nice!
post #6 of 7 Old 10-13-2016, 09:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That's a damn good idea.

Kevin
post #7 of 7 Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 PM

A Kel-Tec Sub2000 fits nicely...in a soft case...with the liner still in place.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode