Stealthgear Holsters? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigTB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-22-2016, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Stealthgear Holsters?

I'm left handed, and left handed holsters are like Bigfoot. They are rumored to exist, but nobody has ever seen one in the wild.

Basically, I'm going to have to order a holster, no chance of finding anything locally. That means I can't even eyeball it in person, much less try it out before purchase. I know most places have a satisfaction guarantee, but I hate returning things, particularly if I have to ship it.

Anybody use Stealthgear holsters, or know if they are any good? I like almost everything about them on paper, but they are pricy enough to ask first.

If no-one has any input, maybe I'll just take a shot and let you know what I find out.

If not Stealthgear, any other suggestions? I have a couple holsters (for another gun) that I like, but both were from local makers that I can't seem to find info on anymore. I've looked at a lot of options, but just haven't "pulled the trigger", so to speak. Now that it's warming up, there's no jacket to hide a belt holster.

*Keep in mind, I obviously don't own any guns, I melted all mine down into non-religious, non-gender-specific art. Just really like wearing empty holsters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-22-2016, 03:12 PM
Granite Guru

Safariland, G-Code, T Rex Arms are all manufacturers that make left handed quality holsters. Never heard of Stealthgear.
post #3 of 10 Old 04-22-2016, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconJeep View Post
Safariland, G-Code, T Rex Arms are all manufacturers that make left handed quality holsters. Never heard of Stealthgear.
Thanks, I'll check them out.
ReconJeep likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-23-2016, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
Thanks, I'll check them out.
Bianchi (Safariland) has a holster design I like the looks of, but just based on the pictures I don't know if I'd like the clip. Turns out many of the reviewers hate the clip. Still tempted to try it out, but it's not super cheap and I'm afraid I'd end up buying something else after a month and it would sit in a drawer.

G-Code doesn't have anything for IWB. They are mostly "tactical" holsters.

T-Rex Arms has one that isn't too bad. All-kydex wouldn't be my first choice for Summer comfort, but it might not be too bad. There is a sweat guard that can be added as an option, but there are no pictures showing it (there's actually only one picture, period). Alabama Holster has an all-kydex holster I like a bit better (because of the offset clip).
post #5 of 10 Old 04-23-2016, 06:16 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I'm left handed, and left handed holsters are like Bigfoot. They are rumored to exist, but nobody has ever seen one in the wild.

Basically, I'm going to have to order a holster, no chance of finding anything locally. That means I can't even eyeball it in person, much less try it out before purchase. I know most places have a satisfaction guarantee, but I hate returning things, particularly if I have to ship it.

Anybody use Stealthgear holsters, or know if they are any good? I like almost everything about them on paper, but they are pricy enough to ask first.

If no-one has any input, maybe I'll just take a shot and let you know what I find out.

If not Stealthgear, any other suggestions? I have a couple holsters (for another gun) that I like, but both were from local makers that I can't seem to find info on anymore. I've looked at a lot of options, but just haven't "pulled the trigger", so to speak. Now that it's warming up, there's no jacket to hide a belt holster.
Hey TB,

*Keep in mind, I obviously don't own any guns, I melted all mine down into non-religious, non-gender-specific art. Just really like wearing empty holsters.

Hey TB,

I use these; aliengearholsters.com Excellent quality and warranty from a small company in Idaho. There are lots of left handed shooters.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-23-2016, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubatech View Post
Hey TB,

I use these; aliengearholsters.com Excellent quality and warranty from a small company in Idaho. There are lots of left handed shooters.
Thanks. Very reasonable prices too. Great option for sure.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-23-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well, I ordered an Alien Gear holster. I couldn't get over the fact that the holster I liked from Alien Gear was half the price of the holster I wanted from Stealthgear. Also, I've been wanting a new belt anyway, and they had a deal on belts when you purchase a holster.

Still a couple things I like about the Stealthgear better, but there are things I prefer about the Alien Gear as well (all this is "on paper" so to speak. I haven't seen either in person). Half the price and a 1-3 day lead time vs. 45 day lead time made the decision easier as well. Not that I'm in a huge hurry, but still.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-24-2016, 06:14 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Well, I ordered an Alien Gear holster. I couldn't get over the fact that the holster I liked from Alien Gear was half the price of the holster I wanted from Stealthgear. Also, I've been wanting a new belt anyway, and they had a deal on belts when you purchase a holster.

Still a couple things I like about the Stealthgear better, but there are things I prefer about the Alien Gear as well (all this is "on paper" so to speak. I haven't seen either in person). Half the price and a 1-3 day lead time vs. 45 day lead time made the decision easier as well. Not that I'm in a huge hurry, but still.
Good choice, I think you will be happy with the quality and fit with all the adjustability the holster has. I've tried so many my wife thinks I'm nuts!

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubatech View Post
Good choice, I think you will be happy with the quality and fit with all the adjustability the holster has. I've tried so many my wife thinks I'm nuts!
So far I like the holster. It's very comfortable, and seems to be good quality so far. The screws holding the belt clips on have a tendency to work loose just a bit after a day of wear. I simply make it a point to check them every time I take it off. Not a huge deal. One of my other holsters does that a bit as well.

I do wish it covered the trigger a bit more fully. It is technically sufficient, but it wouldn't hurt anything in the way of comfort, style or ease of drawing or re-holstering for the kydex to come back an extra 1/4" around the trigger. You can basically see almost the whole side of the trigger. You can't see the front of it, so there's really no way for anything to catch or pull it, but it still seems like it would be better if it came back a bit more. Maybe it's just me.

Overall, I'm satisfied so far.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Rock God

I don't know if you have ever heard of Milt Sparks Holsters or not but , I carry every day, every where . Except where prohibited by a Government that I don't trust .
I carry a old Colt 5'' 1911 in either a Sparks Summer Special Horse Hide when it is warm outside , and a Sparks Nexus during the cooler months .
Horsehide won't get as sweaty or chap your backside like Kydex will or for that matter finished leather can cause the same effect if you have a sensitive hinnie like I do .
These are just two of the many styles that they offer , of the ones that I have tried by the other makers I still like these the best .
You will wait as their turnaround is lengthy but the wait is worth it , usually about 18-25 weeks from the time you order .
And be prepared for a bit of sticker shock , Good luck with whatever you choose but , carry whenever you can . An armed public is a polite public .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode