reloading - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-18-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

reloading

So I finally got to go shoot my 1st batch of reloads last week. I had 3 different powders and a couple of different powders, everything shot fine in all my rifles. So I had everything prepped for a while now so it was time to get down to the task of reloading in batches. I have to get some more Win 748 and some more primers to try to finish up my empty brass.

So I have Hodgdon H335 for some of my .223. The majority of .223 is loaded with Win 748 running CCI 41 primers.

For my .308 I have Win 748 and CCI 34 primers.

750 .223 and 450 .308 ready to go.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-18-2016, 02:22 PM
Rock God

Damn..... Just a few huh? Looks good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

"Government is not the solution, it is the problem."
"We are never defeated unless we give up on GOD."
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-18-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC7 View Post
Damn..... Just a few huh? Looks good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I ran out of powder and didn't want to drive to the store.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 04-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

That's a lot of work on a single stage....

This past year I built a reloading room and got into five shot big bore revolvers (.460 S&W and .454 casull). Went with a Dillon 650XL press for the volume loads like .223 and .45acp. For bolt action rifles and .45-70 lever I'm using a single stage, I like being anal with the accuracy of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 Old 04-19-2016, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaster View Post

This past year I built a reloading room and got into five shot big bore revolvers (.460 S&W and .454 casull). Went with a Dillon 650XL press for the volume loads like .223 and .45acp. For bolt action rifles and .45-70 lever I'm using a single stage, I like being anal with the accuracy of those.

Damm. I wanted a single stage since I didn't know what the hell I was doing at all. I wanted to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. But I only do .308 and .223, I can concentrate my budget on those calibers.

Quote:
Quote:
post #6 of 16 Old 04-20-2016, 01:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaster View Post

That is a sweet looking reloading room.

I have a Super 1050 with the Mr. Bullet feeder. Thing can sure crank out some rounds.

From when I was setting it up.

[IMG][/IMG]

Any of you guys have a problem finding powder? I've had a hell of a time finding H335, Varget and Tite Group.

Kevin
post #7 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Local sportsmans warehouse has the H335 in stock all the time now along with the Win 748 that I am using.

Have you looked at powder valley?

Quote:
Quote:
post #8 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 09:19 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Any of you guys have a problem finding powder? I've had a hell of a time finding H335, Varget and Tite Group.
I think it depends a lot on where you are. Around here the shelves were barren everywhere a couple years ago, but it seems like stock is building back up. I don't re-load myself, but was keeping an eye out for someone else for a while.
post #9 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 10:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Local sportsmans warehouse has the H335 in stock all the time now along with the Win 748 that I am using.

Have you looked at powder valley?
Up until a couple weeks ago I didn't have any place local to buy powder. A new Field and Stream just opened and has a lot of Hogdon and a couple other brands. Still didn't have any Varget, and that's what I use for my mk262 Mod1 copies for the 5.56.

I'll check out Powder Valley.

Right now I have 50lbs between H335, Varget, Tite Group and IMR4064. Should be good for a little while. I'm down to 14k .223 and 6k .45 projectiles. Defiantly have a deficit in brass though. Just bought 4k once fired LC brass yesterday.

Using military brass is one of the reasons I went with the Super 1050. I have a separate stage that deals with the crimped primers.

Your right BigTB, couple years ago I couldn't find shit.

Kevin
post #10 of 16 Old 04-21-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Up until a couple weeks ago I didn't have any place local to buy powder. A new Field and Stream just opened and has a lot of Hogdon and a couple other brands. Still didn't have any Varget, and that's what I use for my mk262 Mod1 copies for the 5.56.

I'll check out Powder Valley.

Right now I have 50lbs between H335, Varget, Tite Group and IMR4064. Should be good for a little while. I'm down to 14k .223 and 6k .45 projectiles. Defiantly have a deficit in brass though. Just bought 4k once fired LC brass yesterday.

Using military brass is one of the reasons I went with the Super 1050. I have a separate stage that deals with the crimped primers.

Your right BigTB, couple years ago I couldn't find shit.
I feel very unprepared right now. I might have 3 lbs of powder left and maybe 1000 .223 and 700 .308 bullets. I guess if I went and shot more I could justify buying more brass and bullets. I have only been out shooting once this year and that was just to check the loads out.

Quote:
Quote:
post #11 of 16 Old 05-18-2016, 11:13 AM
Banned

sweet ..
post #12 of 16 Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Banned

Very Nice . .

I do all my own as well.. 9mm, .223, 50 Cal.

first poster . ya lots of work I use a turret..

good luck i'll post pictures .

Last edited by Dr Jim Grimes; 05-18-2016 at 11:33 AM.
post #13 of 16 Old 05-18-2016, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Well I ran out of brass and don't want to buy any. Ended up doing 1700 .223 and 700 .308. I have some friends that are collecting brass for me so I will see what they got. But for now until it cools off again I am done reloading. Plus I have to go shoot some of this stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
post #14 of 16 Old 05-18-2016, 11:33 AM
Banned

No . .. I have vendors I use.. Two I can meet at gun shows. one I order from and wait till it shows up at store .. I like this one because She is 15 dollars cheaper ..
order all my primers by the case. (1000 at a time. They never got bad ..kept in cool dry place in seal containers .. ) I have been reloading now many years .. and is the only way to go ..

All my loads are TUNED to my rifle . . most if not all of you might no understand that .. but very important ... especially on the BIG GUNS ! some think of it as match loads and is true once you have dial in the Ballistics of projectile and load . . this is only for LONG RANGE . . 800 yards or more ..

You can order it and pay the Hazmat charge and ship right to the door .. me I keep extras on hand .. rifle loads I like to keep 8lb and pistol a few pounds ..

Quote:
That is a sweet looking reloading room.

I have a Super 1050 with the Mr. Bullet feeder. Thing can sure crank out some rounds.

From when I was setting it up.

[IMG][/IMG]

post #15 of 16 Old 05-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Rock God

I need to get into this. I met a Marine (E9 for sure, think he is a Master Gunny) that does his own reloads and wants to get me involved with it. He's a cool dude and I need to make the time to get over there and learn from him.

He likes the Springfields M1A a lot. As the church he belongs too is doing a gun raffle, top prize is a M1A (he did the choosing).

2010 2 door manual sport
post #16 of 16 Old 05-18-2016, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
I need to get into this. I met a Marine (E9 for sure, think he is a Master Gunny) that does his own reloads and wants to get me involved with it. He's a cool dude and I need to make the time to get over there and learn from him.

He likes the Springfields M1A a lot. As the church he belongs too is doing a gun raffle, top prize is a M1A (he did the choosing).
I have 2 M1A's right now. They have been tried and true. One is in a Sage EBR and the other is in springfield armory precision stock.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode