JKOwners Forum banner

Fire Power

8K views 56 replies 19 participants last post by  WarMachine 
#1 ·
With all the terrorist crap that's going on now and the Odumbo admin. afraid to call a spade a spade I feel that we're in for more attacks like the San Bernardino and France attacks or worse. I always carry my pistol with me and normally around a hundred or so rounds but since the attack in France and the Syrian refugee problem I've started carrying my AK with around 20 mags and around 600 rounds on stripper clips. Why am I doing this. I think it's obvious that if you become involved in a terrorist sit, a pistol, even with a lot of available ammo is not going to help out very much and the further you are from the shooter the less likely you'll be a problem for them. It's obvious to me that a lot of fire power will be needed. One of my buddies told me I'm paranoid and over doing it. He's never been in combat so I don't think he has a good grasp on the possibilities during a firefight with numerous terrorist. Any one else out there thinking like me or should I take this tinfoil off of my head.:gluging:

#2 ·
I don't know who said it but "never take a pistol to a rifle fight". I've switched to my AR15s as my preferred home defense. I used to have a pistol stashed in several places in my house. Now I go with the rifles with lights and red dots. I also have an AR in my truck. Still roll with my .45 in the Jeep.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I have all the above, I carry a pistol errywhere and a ar in my get home bag anywhere I go 30 to 45 minutes away from the house. I'm not perfect, I mean I'm close but, I don't want to be the guy that could have protected my family but was scared what people would be think. So I think you should carry as much as you have to to get the job done!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
Tinfoil... love it. I personally carry my 40 every where. The probably i see with having my AR in my vehicle is some crack head/ meth head is gonna end up breaking in to my car and stealing my shit. I'd be pretty pissed if 600 rounds of ammo, mags, and my AK was stolen because some crackhead broke in my vehicle for spare change.

#8 ·
In Indian Rocks Beach Florida the housing market is in trouble , 25% of the properties are in some form of abandonment . Either being taken back by the banks or at tax sales .
The reasons are insurance rates are going out of site . The only homes that are not assessed these higher rates are the ones that meet the new 100 year flood standards . 20' above high tide minimum or you are going to see a 4-5 times increase in rate increase . These homes are owned by people that have lived there for years . You try to sell or abandon the property .
Well what's happening now is we are getting squatters now . There is a family that moved in to a home that was abandoned , by breaking a rear window and just moving in....really?

I have carried for many years , now many neighbors are concerned and have known that I carry and are asking advise . Things in this country are changing rapidly . I agree with Trump on only one issue , These Politicians are Stupid and don't know what their doing these days .

Where are the people that used to be strong and take care of themselves .
Now they want the Government to take care of them and rid them of even their littlest problems while they stand there and watch from behind their couch cowering .

Pussies !

I personally will not cower , I will fight and not die like a sheep .

In the events lately where were the Warriors .... Oh I forgot Jerry Brown neutered them .

#9 ·
The DefCon countdown has yet to be needed in my locale. That doesn't preclude me carrying a most accurate 9mm with the intention of putting as much distance between me and any armed adversaries. After all, handguns are for fighting your way to your rifle.
And, besides, if it's not all out war, carrying 600 rounds in my back pocket seems a bit excessive. :D

#11 · (Edited)
Im glad to hear that there are others with like minded thinking. It seems that most people are tending to equate a terrorist attack like France and San B to some mug with a saturday night special robbing a liquor store. Big difference between close quarter combat and very large field of fire along with perps that are standing still demanding money from a cash register and terrorist who just want to kill or wound as many people as they can in a short amount of time and have to run to conclude a mass murder attack. It would be advantageous for someone to start training civilians in proper reaction to terrorist attacks, target selection, how to communicate with LEO's arriving on scene after you such as not running towards a unit that just pulled up with an AR or an AK in your hands. They don't know you from shit. Some people will say it's none of a civilians business and to keep out but I'll be damned if I'll stand by and let these ******** kill Americans, it's not in me. Times are changing and it's time for the citizen soldier to step up and be prepared to deal with a possible terrorist attack. I've set up targets (beer/cold drink/ cans in groups of 5 or more one to two or three feet apart at different distances from my position and in a roughly 180 degree arc. I'm practicing a method taught during the Viet Nam war called Quick Kill. Basically its instinctive shooting. You can train your self to sweep an area and shoot with out traditional sight methods. Most of what I'm suggesting here is not new, it's come up before in conversations and in some para military groups here in the US. I live in the sticks. But I do venture into the big city occasionally and the way these ******** think they may hit big city targets but there's no bets that they would not hit a small mid american town just to bring fear in the country population that you are not free to move about your country. Ok now lets run out there and kill a ******* for mommie.

#16 ·
...It would be advantageous for someone to start training civilians...
I believe the government should do that. Wholly, I think it should educate and instruct us all on the ways of our Rights as listed in the Bill of Rights.
How cool would it be for *John Q. Public to get familiarized with surplus weaponry, and then be given that surplus weapon with which he trained?
Ultimately, if you want more advanced weaponry, pay for the training - pay for the weapon. No holds barred.
Is that not in line with the founding fathers intentions or what? The full route of training in the operation, use and maintenance of a weapon by civilian hands...that's 2A stuff to a tee.

*Obviously, JQP is a Citizen with no restrictions based upon his character...no violent criminals, intellectually challenged(they'd wash from the program anyway), etc.

Now, if we could address the 1A and teach people the language, an official language to be used explicitly in education, business, public, etc. :D

#12 ·
i'm in california, where the only people allowed to carry guns are cops, criminals and the bodyguards that protect the politicians...

if i were in a "free" state, i'd have a pistol on my hip, an AK in the jeep's security area and belt fed machine gun mounted to the rollcage.

#14 · (Edited)
Christians In The Line Of Fire

By Mark Rogers 12/05/2015

http://aggregateverity.com/christians-in-the-line-of-fire/

As you complain about what Obama is or is not calling the shootings in California, are you prepared or actively preparing to defend yourself and your family in case a similar event takes place someplace where you may go?

Do you keep so much as a handgun with you to defend yourself and your loved ones?
People of faith are dying right along with everybody else when mass shooters of any stripe decide to take aim. That can be specifically in places of collective worship such as churches or other Christian meeting places/events.

Or it can be in any school, college, shopping center, restaurant, movie theater, wherever.
People die. Christians included. Christians who are the real deal, who pray, serve, prove what they are day after day, week after week.

They are nothing but part of the body count to murderers. Sometimes they are the preferred part of the body count according to what the murderous freak’s mindset and intention is.

Action Instead of Despair

That’s why Christians need to stop wringing their hands, stop quoting scriptures, stop holding hands and lighting candles.

Burying our head in the sand acting like it can never happen to us is a whimsical departure from reality.
It’s time for us to lift up our heads from prayer long enough to actually do something to protect ourselves and others. We live on the same planet the rest of the world. Legally protecting ourselves from random criminal assault is simply participating in civil law and order.

Not something that is prohibited Biblically.

It’s why Christians must arm themselves right along with every other citizen who doesn’t want to fall victim to the next incoherent, mindless shooting.

If I can arm myself discreetly and legally, providing possible protection from an active shooter, and I don’t, who shares in the blame when I, my family members, others nearby fall to bullets?
When just by simply being ready, I might have saved all our lives?

What’s my focus at the moment? Gun control fights? Political battles?

No, getting people who understand what being armed means and the importance of it to quit thinking about it, talking about it, and actually getting them to DO IT!

Stop letting every issue under the sun keep you from acquiring and learning to competently use self defense firearms. Firearms that may be used to save you and/or your family and friends.
To keep talking about all the issues surrounding gun ownership, keep fretting over what it means, keep spiritualizing the outcome, is to put off what might be necessary to save you or your wife or your kids or your friends or …….

Don’t act like a fragile child that ignores what’s going on all around them trying to deny reality. The world we live in may take your life while you waste time pondering it.
For the most part, we have the tools we need to defend ourselves in America. Are you taking advantage of it?

Whether it’s from an individual maniacal, insane shooter, or now terrorists, it’s here with us and can show up anywhere. With terrorists showing up in our country, and being raised and trained right here, we aint seen nothin’ yet.

Businesses, churches, organizations that invite people to gather in numbers better be ready to provide sufficient armed security. That takes study, work, time, and money.
But at this point it is irresponsible and unconscionable to not do so.

Individuals and families, get ready to defend yourselves now. Or just sit watching the news for the next shooting and body count, praying it doesn’t include you and yours.

#27 ·
I got all my training free of charge about 47 years ago and that was followed immediately by OJT in a strange and beautiful land inhabited by little asian people who didn't like me very much. The most important thing is to remember that if you do respond to a terrorist attack, don't make yourself unknown to the LEO's, they don't know you from Achmed. Don't be a target.

#21 ·
lol :beer:

.....Any one else out there thinking like me or should I take this tinfoil off of my head.:gluging:
I've had my conceal carry permit for quite a while but have been very lax about carrying unless we are hiking in remote areas, etc.

That changed overnight. I probably won't be one of those carrying extra firepower but at least I won't be caught unarmed and defenseless.

so the equipment is all very important.

but how many of you guys spending thousands on this stuff have actually sacked up and spent 3-500 on a real class to learn how to fight with your firearms?
This^^^ Not yet but it's on my to-do list.

Depending on the situation, I think it's especially important for those of us who don't have LEO or Military experience/training.

#22 ·
Im all for carrying but PLEASE DO NOT leave your weapons in your vehicle unsecured. That's just friggin stupid. I don't go where I cant carry. I also have Tuffy stuff in my vehicles to secure anything. While I don't condone leaving weapons in a vehicle at all, I have conceded myself to buying the tuffy security stuff as a last resort.

#30 ·
Yeah, it was discovered early on that napalm and carpet bombing worked a hell of lot better than sitting around a jungle campfire singing KumBiYah but I'm positive if Odumbo would have teamed up with Kerry back then they would have made campfire singing work just as well as they have negotiated with the Iranians. :gluging:

#32 ·
I'm lucky as far as training goes.
One of my best friends is a LEO. He's an RRO(rapid response officer)
He's also an NRA certified instructor and is the firearms instructor for his police department.
He and my cousin and I have our own outdoor shooting range/campground
(and bug out cabin)about an hour from my house.
We get our training for free, but the trade off is he's probably more critical of our abilities than a stranger would be cause he he know's if the SHTF we're the guys watching his back.

#33 ·
One of my buddies is a former Ranger and currently a Correctional Officer. He's shown me some of their drills, mostly stuff for in close. Going through the motions is one thing, takes practice to actually put rounds on target. I'm right on par until he shows me something I hadn't seen...damn bullets go everywhere. D:

#41 ·
Nothing has changed here, I carry my .380 and a spare mag at all times, regardless of any cute signs that might exist. Fortunately, AZ is a legal conceal state regardless of permit, so that makes it much nicer because the criminals know that it's a game of Russian Roulette trying to rob people here. I have a mobile safe box I can swap from car to car should I had to stow it for someplace like a stadium or federal building. The rest of my guns have been lost in the great fish hunting accident 2015. :(

#43 ·
still trying to figure out which lake that we were at when that happened.

The prez's last speech really moved me...to build AR #5 that is.
It's a mid length 5.56 built on a (universal background defying) 80% lower.
I call it: "The Executive Action Express."
I painted it half crocodile(tear) green and half black(cause I'm not a racist.)
Topped with a 1-4X Primary Arms optic ( Thanks to Obozo's economy I can't afford anything more expensive)
I even added an actual Hi-capacity (60rnd) magazine.
Total spent=$500
AR's are so cheap these days.

#42 ·
The prez's last speech really moved me...to build AR #5 that is.
It's a mid length 5.56 built on a (universal background defying) 80% lower.
I call it: "The Executive Action Express."
I painted it half crocodile(tear) green and half black(cause I'm not a racist.)
Topped with a 1-4X Primary Arms optic ( Thanks to Obozo's economy I can't afford anything more expensive)
I even added an actual Hi-capacity (60rnd) magazine.
Total spent=$500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.