Any CZ owners out there? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 10-19-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Youngstown,Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 506
Feedback: 0 reviews
Any CZ owners out there?

I'm looking into getting a cz75 sp-01 to play with. Been reading a lot of reviews and they all seem to say good things about it. Thoughts? I did get my hands on an Ithaca m1911 at the range and if I had 2200.00 to spend on a gun that would be the one! Can't say enough good about it. Maybe someday..... But for now it looks like the sp-01 will be a good gun. I don't plan to carry it, just for home defense and fun at the range.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
89yjon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 Old 10-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Rock God
 
BigTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW OH
Posts: 1,148
Feedback: 0 reviews

A co-worker of mine has a CZ75 (don't remember the particular model, can't say if it's an SP-01), and he likes it, from what I know. Don't think he's had any issues with it.

They are a little quirky, but I like them.
BigTB is offline  
post #3 of 24 Old 10-21-2015, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Youngstown,Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 506
Feedback: 0 reviews

Ok cool. Is that wellsville in your pic? I love that place! We are headed there novenber 7th and 8th if you want to join us.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
89yjon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 Old 10-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Rock God
 
BigTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW OH
Posts: 1,148
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
Ok cool. Is that wellsville in your pic? I love that place! We are headed there novenber 7th and 8th if you want to join us.
That is Wellsville. Definitely a cool place. My buddy and I have been wanting to go back lately, maybe we'll make it out. Don't know what will be going on though.

A bunch of guys from my work used to have a little range get-together after work once in a while (haven't done it in a while that I know of, unfortunately). He uses the CZ75 for just what you want one for. Ran flawless when I was there. He says he likes it. I didn't shoot it, but I remember liking the fit in my hand. I've checked them out in the shops a few times and really like them. Never "pulled the trigger" so to speak, but if I was in the market they would be on my list.

Last edited by BigTB; 10-21-2015 at 07:10 PM.
BigTB is offline  
post #5 of 24 Old 10-22-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Youngstown,Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 506
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
That is Wellsville. Definitely a cool place. My buddy and I have been wanting to go back lately, maybe we'll make it out. Don't know what will be going on though.

A bunch of guys from my work used to have a little range get-together after work once in a while (haven't done it in a while that I know of, unfortunately). He uses the CZ75 for just what you want one for. Ran flawless when I was there. He says he likes it. I didn't shoot it, but I remember liking the fit in my hand. I've checked them out in the shops a few times and really like them. Never "pulled the trigger" so to speak, but if I was in the market they would be on my list.
You should plan on meeting us in the free zone sat morning! Fin,feather,fur outfitters right here in Boardman can get me that CZ 75 sp01 in two weeks. I think I'm gonna have them order it in for me.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
89yjon is offline  
post #6 of 24 Old 10-23-2015, 06:09 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 39
Posts: 10,289
Feedback: 4 reviews

be careful down at yellow creek guys. things have been getting crazy with the cops and access. i grew up wheeling wellsville. But lately it hasn't been worth going and rolling the dice on it being legit. and i definitely don't think i'd leave my tow rig there anymore.

oh on the cz. AWESOME range gun. you could carry it too, i just don't like da/sa for a carry or fighting pistol.

but the trigger and the way the cz shoots... fantastic.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #7 of 24 Old 10-23-2015, 08:26 AM
Rock God
 
BigTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW OH
Posts: 1,148
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
be careful down at yellow creek guys. things have been getting crazy with the cops and access. i grew up wheeling wellsville. But lately it hasn't been worth going and rolling the dice on it being legit. and i definitely don't think i'd leave my tow rig there anymore.
I'm with you on that actually. That's one of the reasons I haven't been down there in a while.

I've been there a couple times, but after some recent stories I've researched it, and I don't think any part of it is technically not trespassing. I hear conflicting anecdotal stories, but I couldn't find anything that explicitly stated that anyone had permission to be there.

Many people use the excuse that the owners don't care and they would be trying to stop people if they did. It's theoretically possible that the land owners really don't care because they are going to clear and flatten the land anyway if they decide to use it. But it's also very possible that the owners hate the erosion-wrecked, beer can pit much of it has become, but are at a loss of how to stop the flood of people that are there all the time.

With that in the back of my mind, I have a hard time feeling right being there. Granted, I'm not drinking (much less throwing cans and other garbage on the trails), cutting down trees, burning "abandoned" vehicles or anything like that (nor are most, but clearly that stuff does happen a lot there). But still, if the owners don't want me there I wouldn't feel right being there.

Honestly, I think the biggest thing that turned me off the idea of wheeling there was an interview I saw with someone after a section was closed by the owners. The owners (a corporation) got the local Sheriff to post no trespassing signs, put up barricades at one of the entrances and make people leave if they saw them there (they own just a section on one end of the place). They interviewed a local who was bitching about the signs and barricades. They were saying something like "It's not fair, I've been riding on this land my whole life and now we're suddenly not allowed to ride there?" All I could think is what an entitled attitude. It's not "fair" that you can no longer use someone else's property for free, without permission? Made me question my own justifications for going there when I didn't actually have permission either.

I still have friends that want to go there, but I just have a hard time making up my mind to go lately.

Wow, sorry for that book/threadjack.
BigTB is offline  
post #8 of 24 Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 39
Posts: 10,289
Feedback: 4 reviews

back in like 03 or 04 we held the 4wd hardware meet n greets there. we'd have 300 rigs on the trails.

you can't do that anymore. and with various "owners" selling off pieces or entire chunks of land... it's getting super sketchy.

i use"" because some people will claim to be owners and set up at an entrance. collect fees. then take off. it's nuts.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #9 of 24 Old 10-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Rock God
 
BigTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW OH
Posts: 1,148
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
You should plan on meeting us in the free zone sat morning! Fin,feather,fur outfitters right here in Boardman can get me that CZ 75 sp01 in two weeks. I think I'm gonna have them order it in for me.
I had the Fin, Feather and Fur in Ashland order me something in before. I had a good experience. They were spot on with their timeframe estimate and called as soon as it came in.
BigTB is offline  
post #10 of 24 Old 10-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Wheeler
 
Kermicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 57
Feedback: 0 reviews

The CZ75s are nice pistols and can be built up to be even better shooters. They're a solid gun and you can't go wrong with them.

Now on to Wellsville; I completely agree with the sentiments here. I like going there because it's a fun place to wheel, but in the back of my mind there is always that feeling of trespassing or that I'm going to turn down the wrong trail and be in a shit situation(done it once...). Plus, I ABSOLUTELY hate the litter of beer cans and crap down there. I feel guilt by association just for being there to see it and wheel.
Kermicon is offline  
post #11 of 24 Old 10-24-2015, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Youngstown,Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 506
Feedback: 0 reviews

Well I called fin feather and fur and they got the sp01 tactical in yesterday! So I went and bought it! Fits my hand great and got it for 599.00 I'm super happy with it. Now on to wellsville... I kinda feel the same way but have been going there for 7 years and have never had an issue there. Now my jeep is street legal and I don't drink so that helps. We even stopped and talked to a couple cops when they were paving the road down by the river as that's the only way we go in to the property anymore. They had that road closed for a bit when they were paving it and the cops told us to enter the property out past Browns hobby shop. It's been a couple months since I was there last so I guess we will see how it goes on November 7th weekend.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
89yjon is offline  
post #12 of 24 Old 10-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Rock God
 
BigTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW OH
Posts: 1,148
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
Well I called fin feather and fur and they got the sp01 tactical in yesterday! So I went and bought it! Fits my hand great and got it for 599.00 I'm super happy with it. Now on to wellsville... I kinda feel the same way but have been going there for 7 years and have never had an issue there. Now my jeep is street legal and I don't drink so that helps. We even stopped and talked to a couple cops when they were paving the road down by the river as that's the only way we go in to the property anymore. They had that road closed for a bit when they were paving it and the cops told us to enter the property out past Browns hobby shop. It's been a couple months since I was there last so I guess we will see how it goes on November 7th weekend.
Cool. What's different on the tactical model?
BigTB is offline  
post #13 of 24 Old 10-24-2015, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Youngstown,Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 506
Feedback: 0 reviews

It has an ambidextrous decocker instead of the manual safety and rubber grips.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
89yjon is offline  
post #14 of 24 Old 10-27-2015, 04:28 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 39
Posts: 10,289
Feedback: 4 reviews

nice gun man.

now go take a class. and see how fast you either make your da/sa gun a range gun or sell it for a striker fired gun lol.

are any of you guys on the wellsville facebook pages? the local sheriff has been chasing people with an H1 down there. and they've been waiting for people at the tracks and coming out of oak tree. Not every day, but often enough that it makes me uncomfortable.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #15 of 24 Old 10-27-2015, 06:22 AM
Rock God
 
BigTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW OH
Posts: 1,148
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
nice gun man.

now go take a class. and see how fast you either make your da/sa gun a range gun or sell it for a striker fired gun lol.

are any of you guys on the wellsville facebook pages? the local sheriff has been chasing people with an H1 down there. and they've been waiting for people at the tracks and coming out of oak tree. Not every day, but often enough that it makes me uncomfortable.
I don't know a ton about the place, but from what I've read, Oak Tree is the area where the owner company recently had no trespassing posted and asked the Sheriff to stop people. I know a couple people who have said that if you go down there, stay away from the Oak Tree area.

Doesn't mean the rest is ok or anything.

I'm not on Facebook at all.
BigTB is offline  
post #16 of 24 Old 10-27-2015, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Youngstown,Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 506
Feedback: 0 reviews

Im on the wellsville trails forum but not facebook.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
89yjon is offline  
post #17 of 24 Old 11-10-2015, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Youngstown,Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 506
Feedback: 0 reviews

Had a great time at wellsville last weekend! Even passed a wellsville cop as we entered the road to go back to the free zone down by the river and he just waived at us as we passed him. There were quite a few other bikes,quads, and jeeps out there as usual.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
89yjon is offline  
post #18 of 24 Old 11-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Rock God
 
BigTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW OH
Posts: 1,148
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
Had a great time at wellsville last weekend! Even passed a wellsville cop as we entered the road to go back to the free zone down by the river and he just waived at us as we passed him. There were quite a few other bikes,quads, and jeeps out there as usual.
That's cool.

I was stuck in the Toledo area last weekend.
BigTB is offline  
post #19 of 24 Old 11-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Rock God
 
levellinebrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lowesville NC
Age: 50
Posts: 1,776
Feedback: 3 reviews

You can't go wrong with the cz75. They build an awesome pistol. I have a cz 75sp01 with the safety that I bought about 2.5 years ago. I did the trigger upgrade from Cajun gun works. I have approximately 30000 rounds through it now and I love it more every time I shoot it. I use it as a carry gun, home defense, and competition gun. I actually prefer the safety model to the decocker due to my high grip. My right thumb will ride the decocker and drop the hammer when I don't want to. That's pretty much a personal preference. It's a little heavy for a carry gun for smaller guys but I don't really notice it. They are, mechanically, very accurate and the weight helps control muzzle flip. I have tried many different grips but keep coming back to the stock rubber grips. You will want to change the mag brake too. It is designed to not let the magazine drop free which I hate, especially in competition. If you want more magazines, go to gregcote.com and buy the mecgar mags in whatever capacity you want. Other than that, shoot the hell out of it. It gets better and better the more rounds you for through it.
levellinebrad is offline  
post #20 of 24 Old 11-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Rock God
 
levellinebrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lowesville NC
Age: 50
Posts: 1,776
Feedback: 3 reviews

Also, go to czforum and look through the stickies. There are a couple of "must do" modifications. The main one is grinding down the short nub on the slide stop. If you ever shoot 147 gr bullets, you'll be glad you did that one.
levellinebrad is offline  
post #21 of 24 Old 11-19-2015, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Youngstown,Ohio
Age: 41
Posts: 506
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by levellinebrad View Post
Also, go to czforum and look through the stickies. There are a couple of "must do" modifications. The main one is grinding down the short nub on the slide stop. If you ever shoot 147 gr bullets, you'll be glad you did that one.
Thanks I will look into that!

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
89yjon is offline  
post #22 of 24 Old 12-03-2015, 11:33 PM
Official Monkey Business
 
TEXASKEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Denton Tejas
Posts: 12,215
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I got a CZ75 a few months ago as part of trade. I've put a 100 rounds or so through it and its a solid gun. I'll chime in more when I've had more time with it.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TEXASKEV is offline  
post #23 of 24 Old 12-03-2015, 11:51 PM
Granite Guru
 
Fatbob Frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: N. E. Iowa
Age: 51
Posts: 324
Feedback: 0 reviews

CZ?
Did that come after the TJ or before?

"Wake me for the Revolution..."
Fatbob Frank is offline  
post #24 of 24 Old 12-30-2015, 06:55 AM
Newbie
 
11JK4ME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Florida
Age: 54
Posts: 7
Feedback: 0 reviews

CZ-75 Compact is My Favorite pistol..

Cant go wrong with a CZ
11JK4ME is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome