Golden Age! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-21-2015, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Golden Age!

I believe we shooters are living in the Golden Age of optics.
Reflex,red dots,variable power. Tactical,target,or hunting. Whatever your need,whatever your budget,the number of optics for us to choose from is quite astounding!
I have a 1903A4 Springfield made by Remington,barrel stamped 4-43 that was professionally customized and tuned and is a real beauty.
It is topped by a nice Redfield 3-9x40 with a post retical.
A top of the line scope back in it's day.(still great IMO)
However, I have a modern Weaver Grandslam on my Savage 99 that is nicer and cost less(adjusting for inflation anyway.)
I also have owned a few Leupolds and consider them an outstanding value.
Currently the only one I have is a 3-9x40 VX2 on my bull barreled varminter AR-15.
When I built my latest hunting rifle,a 6.8spc w/fluted stainless 18" barrel I was convinced that I would need at least a VX2 scope to be satisfied. So I started saving for one.
In the meantime, my cousin pointed out that Burris was offering a $50 rebate on Fullfield2 scopes.
I really like the Burris P.E.P.R. scope mounts, but have never had a Burris scope.
I read the various reviews on the Fullfield2 and decided to get one.
My confidence was shaken abit when I found I was able to buy one for about the same price as a Leupold Rifleman.(even before the rebate)
Don't get me wrong,I think the Riflemans are a decent scope, but probably less so than a VX1 and they are certainly no VX2!
Imagine my suprise after receiving the scope and mounting it on a P.E.P.R. just how clear the scope was. I like the ballistic retical. Very crisp image. Holds zero even after repeated power adjustments.
Excellent light gathering properties too.
I have yet to hunt with it,but my impression from the bench is I think I like it even more than my VX2.
At least equally well anyway,but factoring in the cost gives it the edge.
And this from what most would consider a "budget" scope. Outstanding!

"Wake me for the Revolution..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Granite Guru

I would agree that the Burris fullfield II is a great value and have been for years. I was pointed in their direction about 10 years ago and have really been impressed with them.

opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and some stink
post #3 of 3 Old 05-24-2015, 06:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have a 10/22 I put a Nikon P22 scope on and am very impressed with the quality of the image. That's a sub 200 dollar scope. I also have a Leupold mark4 and a Nightforce on other rifles, so looking through good glass isn't new.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode