Sig Brace - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-17-2015, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sig Brace

With all of the controversy over can iI have it , cant I have it , can I shoulder it ? I have to ask ,why would I want it ... I just dont get it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-17-2015, 03:37 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

For people who wanted a sbr but not do all the paperwork. Looks stupid for my .02 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Granite Guru

i don't get it either. using the brace for its intended purpose (as a brace), makes little sense. if you need to support your AR pistol by strapping it around your forearm, wouldn't you be better off using a normal pistol without a brace? if you really needed a gun to defend yourself, i don't think that having it strapped around your arm would be the wisest decision.

using the brace to shoulder the firearm is now apparently illegal, despite prior rulings to the contrary. frankly i'm not sure why any of this matters. a lot of gun laws seem stupid/arbitrary to me. i can own a pistol and i can own a rifle, but i can't own a pistol with a rifle stock or a rifle without a stock? i can even own an AK or AR "pistol," but only if it is built on a lower that was not registered as a "rifle" lower... even though an AK/AR "rifle" lower is identical to a "pistol" lower.

Last edited by boopiejones; 01-17-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-22-2015, 07:15 AM
JKO Addict!

you can own one, and you can use it as it's stated purpose, as a brace. But the ATF just made a broad decision that if you place that brace against your shoulder your pistol magically becomes a rifle.

before all this it was all about intent. If you put the brace on INTENDING to make the pistol essentially a SBR then it was illegal.

they've opened themselves up for all kinds of issues. What about a buffer tube. that can be easily put against your shoulder. What if i brace a pistol against a wall, what if what if what if.

it's ridiculous. But it is what it is. I actually sold my AR pistol like the day of the ruling. it was neat. But i have bigger plans. lol

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #5 of 7 Old 01-22-2015, 10:30 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I understand the brace but if SHTF are you supposed to say "wait I have to strap my brace on" before the shit starts flinging? I think this can of worms was reopened a couple of weeks back when the ATF ruled on the other brace saying it was illegal and then they looked at sig again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-22-2015, 10:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I understand the brace but if SHTF are you supposed to say "wait I have to strap my brace on" before the shit starts flinging? I think this can of worms was reopened a couple of weeks back when the ATF ruled on the other brace saying it was illegal and then they looked at sig again.
well the idea was as long as you had intent on using it as a brace, if shit did hit the fan, you could use it as a stock, since your original intent had been to use it as a brace.

I had it because it was a pistol that i could keep loaded in my car.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #7 of 7 Old 04-27-2015, 01:22 AM
Granite Guru

I opted for a Shockwave pistol "blade" myself.
Half the cost of a Sig brace, fully adjustable, and just as legal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode