apex trigger setup for a M&P - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

apex trigger setup for a M&P

my brother had one installed on his M&P9c and wow am i impressed! so much so that i bought one too lol.

$110 for the trigger, another 65 for some truglo's. and this little M&P9c will be ready to go.

my buddy is a gunsmith and has a shop. he's going to do the trigger install for me. I could probably handle it but why not give a friend the business. he's going to do the sights too.

i keep debating on a sight tool but they all seem pretty gun specific.

anyway, if anyone has a M&P. this trigger is worth looking at.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 06:11 AM
Wheeler

I dabbled in M&Ps for a while myself. The Apex stuff is top-notch and makes the M&P trigger soooo much better. But, I went back to my Glocks when it was all said and done.

FYI - The Apex Glock extractors are pretty freaking awesome too! I have them in almost all my Glocks.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooz View Post
I dabbled in M&Ps for a while myself. The Apex stuff is top-notch and makes the M&P trigger soooo much better. But, I went back to my Glocks when it was all said and done.

FYI - The Apex Glock extractors are pretty freaking awesome too! I have them in almost all my Glocks.
i'll check them out. I have a 4th gen 31 and my wife has a 4th gen 26

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Granite Guru

i have an apex in my M&P9 full size. apparently the factory triggers were improved on pistols manufactured in 2014. but mine was made in 4/2014 and i can still tell a huge difference in the apex over the factory trigger. great product and i highly recommend it.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-30-2014, 12:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The apex spring kits for the SD series are a must have as well. You can make a cheap as pistol run fairly sweet.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 11-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Wheeler

I've had my M&P 9mm full body with the Apex trigger setup for about two years now. I wouldn't shoot it with the stock trigger pull ever again.

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
post #7 of 10 Old 11-04-2014, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I tried out one with the apex sear this weekend and it just didn't compare. glad i ordered the entire kit.

just bought a full size m&p and a surefire X300U. need a holster setup and mags still, and need to order the same sights/trigger setup as my compact. but looking forward to having a consolidated carry setup.

post #8 of 10 Old 11-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Granite Guru

I have installed a ton of the kits for friends and customers. I have 5 M&P's all with various forms of the kits. I was an initial tester for the first sears from Apex. My favorite is my full size 9mm comp gun with the FSS kit, I think my second favorites are the Shields with the DCAEK and the trigger from the FSS kit. Perfect triggers.

Ive dabbled with the RAM's and run one in my MP9C, but they dont do enough for me to pay the price for them. They aren't needed with the FSS kit as the sear resets at the front of the trigger throw anyway.

Randy also stated that S&W has re-designed the trigger bar to give a very clicky reset(similar to their RAM) and the newest M&P's have VERY positive, clicky reset. He was talking in context of the thumb safety versions and basically said they dont think they are going to work on the RAM anymore for those since it was already an almost impossible task.
post #9 of 10 Old 11-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Rock God

I run the the full FSS kit in my full size .40. I absolutely love it. I need to get a kit for my full size 9 real quick.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Wheeler

M&P 9

Here is my latest M&P gun I bought.
frame dark wolf grey
slide OD green
Apex DCAEK trigger
alum tirgger
all polished internals
cataylst mag release
storm lake fitted barrel
dawson fiber sights

It's a tack driver.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode