Bad day at the range... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
StubEXrube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 15,335
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews
Bad day at the range...

I'm sure that most of our resident firearms enthusiasts have already seen these, but still pretty amazing to see these failures.
Attached Images
         

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
StubEXrube is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
 
Uncle Sams Misguided Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Age: 52
Posts: 22,071
Feedback: 8 reviews

Used to be an M1A


Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Uncle Sams Misguided Child is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Comfortably Numb
 
RubiCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12,289
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Used to be an M1A

Meh, a little super glue, a little duct tape and it'll be good as gold.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
RubiCajun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 06:43 PM
Rock God
 
KOOL AID MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 518
Feedback: 0 reviews

Still beats workin.
KOOL AID MAN is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Granite Guru
 
Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perry, Ga
Age: 49
Posts: 420
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Used to be an M1A

It'll buff out.
Mullet is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
StubEXrube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 15,335
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews

Few more...
Attached Images
         

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
StubEXrube is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Granite Guru
 
Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perry, Ga
Age: 49
Posts: 420
Feedback: 0 reviews

I wonder about the injury to the shooter on each of those.
Mullet is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
 
Uncle Sams Misguided Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tucson AZ
Age: 52
Posts: 22,071
Feedback: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOL AID MAN View Post
Still beats workin.
Unless you are in the hospital trying to get your body sewn back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
I wonder about the injury to the shooter on each of those.
Google rifle explosions or hand gun explosions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Uncle Sams Misguided Child is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 07-12-2014, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
StubEXrube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 15,335
Garage
Feedback: 5 reviews

I've seen a LOT of fatal and near fatal accidents throughout my life and I generally feel fairly immune to a good deal of somewhat gruesome situations. I had the pleasure of accidentally pulling an arm off of a guy that had been decomposing in the Gulf of Mexico, witnessing a friend's brains seep out of his heavily fractured cranium, finding an acquaintance hanging from a roof-truss, and holding my own mother's head together as she bled out all over the bathroom floor.

Add to that a bunch of other sorted incidents and I can honestly say that I've seen some awfully nasty events over the years

Even with some of the shit that I've witnessed, I can sincerely say that something about firearm injuries ( even in pictures) can still to this day turn my stomach. I think it's a combination of things... especially the level of internal trauma.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
StubEXrube is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 07-13-2014, 12:38 AM
Rock God
 
Northernmedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 625
Feedback: 0 reviews

Seen WAY too many firearm injuries. I sure don't need to be googling that crap.
Northernmedic is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 07-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Comfortably Numb
 
RubiCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 12,289
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I've seen a LOT of fatal and near fatal accidents throughout my life and I generally feel fairly immune to a good deal of somewhat gruesome situations. I had the pleasure of accidentally pulling an arm off of a guy that had been decomposing in the Gulf of Mexico, witnessing a friend's brains seep out of his heavily fractured cranium, finding an acquaintance hanging from a roof-truss, and holding my own mother's head together as she bled out all over the bathroom floor.

Add to that a bunch of other sorted incidents and I can honestly say that I've seen some awfully nasty events over the years

Even with some of the shit that I've witnessed, I can sincerely say that something about firearm injuries ( even in pictures) can still to this day turn my stomach. I think it's a combination of things... especially the level of internal trauma.
Hey Stube, don't look at this. Reality. Shit does happen and it is preventable. Because of my background in non-destructive testing and metallurgy, I am probably more aware of anomalies or defects that if not addressed can lead to disastrous consequences. I use a jewelers eye piece and keep a three can set of Liquid Penetrant Test Kit handy to inspect my weapons. Believe me when I say that you can shoot much better when you don't have that thought in the back of your mind that the next time you pull the trigger your hand may look like this or worse you won't ever know that
there was a wake at your house. Sorry if this grosses anyone out but this is a possibility with anyone who shoots.
Attached Images
 

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
RubiCajun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome