New model Glock 42 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Bluewaterrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA Hanging Rock
Age: 50
Posts: 348
Feedback: 0 reviews
Thumbs up New model Glock 42

it's official

G42 First Look - YouTube

I like it. Call me a girl... a pussy... I really could not give a rats ass.

A wise old man once told me " A hit with a .45ACP is better than a hit with a .22LR, a hit with a .22LR is better than a miss with a .50BMG "

And guess what? That old man is still alive.

OK let the begin !


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
THANK A VETERAN

"It's a Freedom Thing"
Bluewaterrider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

That's perfect! I have been looking at the Ruger, but i'd be willing to go with Glock if this is reasonably priced. No shitstorm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 08:25 AM
JKO Addict!
 
thaduke2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Upstate NY (I'm back, baby! :))
Age: 35
Posts: 2,139
Feedback: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

When you mentioned .22, I got excited. I could care less about .380, but I'm looking for a good, cheap .22 semi Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
thaduke2003 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 10:01 AM
JKO Addict!
 
TCdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodstock, Ga
Age: 50
Posts: 3,720
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

single stack .380 sounds really cool. Can't wait to get my hands on one and check it out.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TCdawg is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Bluewaterrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA Hanging Rock
Age: 50
Posts: 348
Feedback: 0 reviews
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaduke2003 View Post
When you mentioned .22, I got excited. I could care less about .380, but I'm looking for a good, cheap .22 semi Mark W.
If you are looking for a pistol there are several out there, so start a thread/post for what you are looking for.

If you are looking for a rifle I think the Sig Sauer 522LR is THE best. Period.

BTW I don't believe there are any good AND cheap firearms that exist. You can either have good or you can have cheap...just my 0.02cents.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
THANK A VETERAN

"It's a Freedom Thing"
Bluewaterrider is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 01-09-2014, 05:45 AM
JKO Addict!
 
BADGER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 45
Posts: 2,580
Feedback: 0 reviews

Meh. Just another also-ran single stack .380 that's WAY late to the party. There is already a ton of good reliable ones out there already - LCP, P380, P3AT, TCP....the list goes on for miles. Of course, that won't detract from it's popularity since Glock fans are typically nothing short of brand loyal to the point of blindness. That said I'm sure it will be a good gun, as all Glocks are. I personally would stay away from the initial release of them though as new micro .380 platforms tend to have teething problems for a while.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
BADGER is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 01-09-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Bluewaterrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA Hanging Rock
Age: 50
Posts: 348
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGER View Post
Meh. Just another also-ran single stack .380 that's WAY late to the party. There is already a ton of good reliable ones out there already - LCP, P380, P3AT, TCP....the list goes on for miles. Of course, that won't detract from it's popularity since Glock fans are typically nothing short of brand loyal to the point of blindness. That said I'm sure it will be a good gun, as all Glocks are. I personally would stay away from the initial release of them though as new micro .380 platforms tend to have teething problems for a while.
I like it...I didn't say I was gonna buy one ! I don't even own ANY Glocks(yet)

Just gonna stick with my Sig P238 Scorpion.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
THANK A VETERAN

"It's a Freedom Thing"
Bluewaterrider is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 01-10-2014, 05:36 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 39
Posts: 10,289
Feedback: 4 reviews

i tried glock... just couldn't get into them.

i'll stick with my kahr cm9 for small carry gun duties.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 01-10-2014, 06:29 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!
 
Cod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Age: 50
Posts: 3,748
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
i tried glock... just couldn't get into them.

i'll stick with my kahr cm9 for small carry gun duties.
I couldn't either for the longest time then I wound up buying one from a guy who needed some $$ and since then I've acquired about 8 more....

Not a "blind" Glock fan at all just happened to run across them at the right time, think I've only bought one new one and that was the 36 for Carry.....because it's a 45 not a 380
Cod is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 01-10-2014, 06:49 AM
JKO Addict!
 
2k2wranglerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, pa
Age: 39
Posts: 10,289
Feedback: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
I couldn't either for the longest time then I wound up buying one from a guy who needed some $$ and since then I've acquired about 8 more....

Not a "blind" Glock fan at all just happened to run across them at the right time, think I've only bought one new one and that was the 36 for Carry.....because it's a 45 not a 380
they're a killer gun for the $. i mean. Brand new they're 499 all day long.

kinda hard to beat that.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
2k2wranglerx is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!
 
Cod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennessee
Age: 50
Posts: 3,748
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
they're a killer gun for the $. i mean. Brand new they're 499 all day long.

kinda hard to beat that.
I got one for $35.00 .................off a tip board at work
Cod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome