IL CCW - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-03-2014, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Jock191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Age: 36
Posts: 1,102
Feedback: 0 reviews
IL CCW

Finally the site went live yesterday. I started the application process and then when I got to 90% the site failed. Of course.... Went back today and was able to finish. Only another 90 days to wait until I finally get a permit. Anyone else applying?

Chicago area needs to work on the Jeep Wave!!![/
Jon, Chicago, IL The real Chicago, not the burbs
2008 Unlimited X-Black-Soft Top - Sold
2013 Unlimited Sport Hard top
Stock =(
Semper Fi
Jock191 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Granite Guru
 
mbjeepxj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia, IL
Age: 46
Posts: 402
Feedback: 0 reviews

My wife and I both applied yesterday (Sunday).
Sure have spent a lot of money on this, though, just to be able to keep a loaded weapon in your car..

☀lllllll☀ 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
☀lllllll☀ 2009 Unlimited X
☀lllllll☀ 1985 CJ-7
mbjeepxj is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Rock God
 
Treader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
Posts: 1,546
Feedback: 0 reviews

The joys of Texas. I just need to get my fingerprints done and wait for my card to come in the mail


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 2 door manual sport
Treader is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Jock191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Age: 36
Posts: 1,102
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjeepxj View Post
My wife and I both applied yesterday (Sunday).
Sure have spent a lot of money on this, though, just to be able to keep a loaded weapon in your car..
That's where I was lucky, I didnt have tp pay anything but the fingerprint cost. I held and armed security job and accord to the law you can use your TAN card as your 16 hr training. So I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
The joys of Texas. I just need to get my fingerprints done and wait for my card to come in the mail


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You guys dont have a fee for the permit?

Chicago area needs to work on the Jeep Wave!!![/
Jon, Chicago, IL The real Chicago, not the burbs
2008 Unlimited X-Black-Soft Top - Sold
2013 Unlimited Sport Hard top
Stock =(
Semper Fi
Jock191 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Rock God
 
Treader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
Posts: 1,546
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jock191 View Post

You guys dont have a fee for the permit?
Yeah, 4 hours of class time (which is a joke) and shooting test (50 rounds). This is just dependent on what someone is charging, which a buddy and me got it for 45 bucks. The state fee is $140 no exemptions non-renewal.

Which in Texas you don't even need a CHL to carry in your vehicle or place of employment. Both fall under the nickname "castle doctrine".


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 2 door manual sport
Treader is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 07:01 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Pffft, apply to conceal? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
Jock191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Age: 36
Posts: 1,102
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
Yeah, 4 hours of class time (which is a joke) and shooting test (50 rounds). This is just dependent on what someone is charging, which a buddy and me got it for 45 bucks. The state fee is $140 no exemptions non-renewal.

Which in Texas you don't even need a CHL to carry in your vehicle or place of employment. Both fall under the nickname "castle doctrine".


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Prices arent much different than here. It was $50 for my fingerprints and $150 for a renewable permit that it good for 5 years. Dont believe you need to get fingerprinted every year but who knows as of yet. Our classes are what is expensive though. All depends on where you go but these instructors are making a killing. One place I looked at was $275 plus range fees. But I didnt have to take it so I lucked out on that waste of time and money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Pffft, apply to conceal? What's that?
You suck.

Chicago area needs to work on the Jeep Wave!!![/
Jon, Chicago, IL The real Chicago, not the burbs
2008 Unlimited X-Black-Soft Top - Sold
2013 Unlimited Sport Hard top
Stock =(
Semper Fi
Jock191 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Rock God
 
Treader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
Posts: 1,546
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Pffft, apply to conceal? What's that?
Well if you are truly concealed no one should ever know your carrying anyways.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 2 door manual sport
Treader is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 01-06-2014, 07:41 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
Well if you are truly concealed no one should ever know your carrying anyways.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome