SW40VE - I Hope it doesn't suck. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
SW40VE - I Hope it doesn't suck.

Picked one up yesterday from a friend of a friend that was in need of some cash. I figured for $250 it should be worth it. Came with an extra magazine, 300rnds and plastic ammo can and a lefty holster that i'll never use.

Thing looks brand new, owner claimed only 200 rnds through it and it looks it.

My last forray into 40cals was less than impressive, but i guess if nothing else it can be a throwdown gun for the jeep.

The trigger on this things is a ton, but it is very smooth. I already have some new springs on the way to fix that pesky 12lb trigger pull.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 08:26 PM
JKO Addict!

why buy, just tune, google search usmcdoc14 sigma trigger fix
post #3 of 7 Old 12-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Granite Guru

I've got one too. My dad carried it as a Sheriff Deputy. Despite the heavy trigger safety, these guns are a blast to shoot, and pretty damn accurate. Love the .40, especially in this platform. Fairly comfortable to shoot. I love mine.

"Drink your school. Stay in drugs. Don't do milk."
~SoCo

"Not that I'm an elitist or anything, I just get sick of waving to soccer moms and getting nothing back."
~ Shammy O'Shea

post #4 of 7 Old 12-14-2013, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
why buy, just tune, google search usmcdoc14 sigma trigger fix
I was already replacing the plastic guide rod and the new striker spring was only $3.50, I felt like I could spend the money

I'm gonna pull that extra pigtail spring as well.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-15-2013, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

So I pled the pigtail spring when I broke the pistol down for a thorough cleaning. It did lighten the trigger up a bit.

I took it to the range with my CCW and put 100rnds through it for a little test run. It still took some getting used to. I was steadily working my up the target at 7yds. Function was flawless. It looks like a keeper. Can't wait to get the new striker spring in it. It should he real close to where I want it.

post #6 of 7 Old 12-16-2013, 05:01 PM
JKO Addict!

I have beaten the snot out of my 9, then I sent it around the country to prove a point so others could beat the snot out if
still works, unknown roundcount, most hated gun on the internet
post #7 of 7 Old 12-17-2013, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

It's definitely a step up from the original gen 1 Sigma line in fit and finish. A buddy of mine had one and it was a total POS. He sent it back to S&W twice and it never did run consistently enough to consider reliable.

I'm pretty happy with this one and ordered a rail conversion for that oddball accessory slot. I wish there was enough material in the frame to just dremel it out and sculpt a standard rail, but they molded it pretty tight to the exterior dimensions. I may still round the front a little though. Somethign about the blockyness of it is unappealing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode