Kahr p45ns - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Kahr p45ns

so I traded my glock for this gun. and I think I did pretty well. it's a kahr p45ns that's relatively new and not shot much. MSRP on this was over 900 bucks. factory night sights with the black finish. it wasn't what I was looking for BUT it seemed like too nice a gun to pass up.

the plan is for this to become my carry gun and my wife can carry the cm9 (which is the bi-tone gun in the pics, I was comparing size)

to put size into perspective. the bi-tone cm9 in the pics. only 2 of my fingers get on that grip. the .45 is big enough I can get a full grip on it. but it's still pretty small.

i'm looking forward to shooting it

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-22-2013, 05:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #3 of 10 Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Rock God

Single stack? How many rounds?

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-22-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

single stack 6+1. same as the CM9 (the smaller one).

super nice to carry. I haven't carried it other than around the house yet. need to get a better holster and get some rounds through it first.

post #5 of 10 Old 10-22-2013, 06:32 PM

I run the pm45, love it. My favorite CCW peice. Just make sure you break it in and run it a touch wet when new. Lot of Kahr haters but love mine. Don't sweat the single stack with a .45, no need for 18 rounds if you just hit what your aiming
post #6 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 05:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk4x4 View Post
I run the pm45, love it. My favorite CCW peice. Just make sure you break it in and run it a touch wet when new. Lot of Kahr haters but love mine. Don't sweat the single stack with a .45, no need for 18 rounds if you just hit what your aiming
Agree...Kahrs are all I carry now. The idea of carrying is to actually carry, and these are thin, small and light enough to be comfortably carried IWB all day by skinny dudes like me. The only time I don't carry them is the very rare occasion when I need a true pocket gun and then I bust out the 380.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #7 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGER View Post
Agree...Kahrs are all I carry now. The idea of carrying is to actually carry, and these are thin, small and light enough to be comfortably carried IWB all day by skinny dudes like me. The only time I don't carry them is the very rare occasion when I need a true pocket gun and then I bust out the 380.
the CM9 works fine as a pocket gun. the .45 would be tough. the grip is too big.

and I agree. I got into these because of their size. I found myself not carrying all the time with the full size.

I need to figure out a practical way of carrying a reload still.

post #8 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk4x4 View Post
you'll notice a lot of kahr haters are all glock fanboys.

honestly, I don't know what people are all into glocks for. there's a review on youtube comparing the "quality" of the glock's polymer vs the kahrs and the guy was saying how much nicer the glock felt.

that's just plain bullshit. But they're convinced they're the best gun in the world. and that's fine. they can carry one.

oh and the trigger. guys bitch. I've never had an issue with the trigger. it's like a smooth revolver.

post #9 of 10 Old 10-23-2013, 12:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i've never understood most fanboyism.

I've owned both Kahr and Glock and they have both worked well. I wouldn't hesitate to carry either one. Some of the really early Kahrs had a super smooth trigger that was often compaired to the Sig Elites. They were choice pieces that are harder to find these days.

Although the later production triggers weren't quite as good, i still think like them more the trigger in my glock.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-12-2013, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

finally got to take it out and shoot it.

it's a keeper. what a nice gun.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode