trading my glock for this - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

trading my glock for this

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-P45...ght-Sights.asp

the glock just didn't do it for me. i'm going to give my wife my CM9 as her carry gun and this will take over duties as my EDC....

thoughts? feedback?

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-09-2013, 04:26 PM
A JKO DICK

Garage

I don't know anything about the Kahr, but I love my XDM compact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #3 of 8 Old 10-11-2013, 09:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Great gun...well, after I returned it to the factory for a new barrel since the original had the rifling leade all wrong and jammed like a muthafawker on every shot. Since the new barrel it's been 100%. It serves rotating EDC duty with my P9.

A couple of notes...it isn't pleasant to shoot, especially with +p defense ammo. Not terrible though. Nothing like that pussycat FNX-45. The frame texture is pure cheese grater on the front and back and it does hurt. Accuracy is excellent.

Let us know how it works for you...

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Another thing, and this is true of all Kahrs...after your break-in and before you start carrying, detail strip and clean the slide. The amount of brass shavings that end up in the striker channel is insane. I don't know how the Kahrs manage to get so much in there, but they do.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #5 of 8 Old 10-11-2013, 02:59 PM
JKO Addict!

I've shot a PM9. Not the same thing but I found it to be snappy and couldn't get used to the trigger pull. Yours is a full size so I'm sure it shoots much nicer, especially in 45ACP. How's the trigger? Can you compare it to anything? What turned you off about the Glock? Currently my favorite pistol is the M&P line.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-12-2013, 06:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Don't know if 2k2 got his yet....

The trigger is the same as all Kahrs. Long, fairly light, super-smooth pull.....no stacking whatsoever, clean break at the very end of trigger travel and a reset at nearly full forward. They are a lot like a good DA revolver trigger. Not a target trigger but an excellent self defense trigger IMO.

Funny how different people like such different things. I had an M&P9 and I hated the thing. Gritty yet mushy trigger with weird stacking, a reset that could neither be felt nor heard, and worst of all mine would vertically string my shot groupings badly, even after a trip back to the factory to fix the problem. The build quality was there and it was the most comfortable and ergonomic gun I've ever used...but damn, that trigger and the inaccuracy were inexcusable. Lots of people love them though. I may have gotten a lemon.

-Milton Friedman
post #7 of 8 Old 10-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Granite Guru

I have a Kahr CW9, was my daily carry piece for a long time. Good accurate gun, was a tad finicky the first few hundred rounds but pretty much ate what I fed it after that.

After about 5000 or so rounds the trigger bar broke, Kahr replaced it no questions asked, I only had to pay to ship it to them, still shoots great but I kind of lost faith in it after the break. I carry a Ruger SP101 .357 mag now.

2013 Sahara Unlimited

ďLife is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!Ē
post #8 of 8 Old 10-12-2013, 08:46 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

i carry a PM40 and love it. just enough firepower for me. it's also one of the smallest, most well made guns out there (IMHO). i wouldn't carry anything larger than this. the trigger pull is long, but really consistent and i can shoot it better than my Glock23 or XD40.

Remus ~ 2009 JKU Rubicon

No longer stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode