2013 radiator fan upgrade - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-26-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

2013 radiator fan upgrade

Looking for a little help. I have a 2013 with an LS conversion from bruiser. Fan is set to high always. Bruiser states that is the way it needs to be.i want to change that. I am unable to get into the computer to adjust it. I tried having a speed shop do it for me. I was looking to see if anybody has put an aftermarket controller and bypassed so the check engine light does not come on.

Current: 2013 4dr LS3 Rubicon

Sold:2011 2 dr Sahara Tan Rubicon
3 inch Rough Country lift
JKS front adjustable track bar
35x12.5x17 General Grabbers on Stock Rims

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 2007 Black 4 Door~ Herculiner Tub~4" Rough Country Lift~ 35's BFG KO's on 15" D Windows~4.88's w/aussie front locker~ACE Rock Sliders~RK adjustable front track bar

SEMPER FI~Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-27-2019, 07:08 AM
Granite Guru

My Hemi was the same way always ran 100%. I thought it would have been nice to have it run @ 50% & then go 100% so there would always be some cool air moving through the radiator. Anyway check out Dakota Digital. They have stand alone fan controllers available. These V8 Wranglers definitely need a lot of fan to cool them.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-27-2019, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Scubatech how did you get it so the check engine light didnít come on. Since the fan is ran through the computer.

I will check them out. Thanks

Current: 2013 4dr LS3 Rubicon

Sold:2011 2 dr Sahara Tan Rubicon
3 inch Rough Country lift
JKS front adjustable track bar
35x12.5x17 General Grabbers on Stock Rims

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 2007 Black 4 Door~ Herculiner Tub~4" Rough Country Lift~ 35's BFG KO's on 15" D Windows~4.88's w/aussie front locker~ACE Rock Sliders~RK adjustable front track bar

SEMPER FI~Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-28-2019, 05:35 AM
Granite Guru

Since my 2014 came with a pulse with modulated fan the TIPM ran it fine. I never had an engine light because of the fan. RPM Extreme has a thread on here that states they have a controller for that fan as well.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-07-2019, 02:23 PM
JKowners Vendor

This should work for the bruiser LS conversion as well as the Hemi. RpmExtreme HEMI-JK PWM FAN CONTROLER :: RPM Extreme

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode