JKOwners Forum banner

MoTECH LS JK BIG NEWS!!

15K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  MontJKLT 
#1 ·
Good afternoon to everyone in the JKO community!

It is with great pleasure and excitement that we proudly announce a first of its kind in the motorsports world……. MoTECH, LLC has obtained a California Executive Order allowing for a California compliant Gen IV 5.3L LS swap into a 2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler JK!

:bounce: YES, I DID ACTUALLY JUST SAY THAT WE HAVE MET CALIFORNIA REQUIREMENTS AND CAN OFFER A CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT CONVERSION!:bounce:

You will now be able to perform a GEN IV LS JK Conversion by using a California compliant donor GM Gen IV 5.3L engine sourced from a GM Light Duty Truck, of the same model year or newer than the receiving vehicle.

The availability of our new CA compliant products will come in two stages:
  • Starting Now - Motech will offer in-house California compliant GEN IV LS JK installs.
  • Late July 2019 - Overland Performance will begin offering California compliant GEN IV LS JK Conversion Kits. Pricing for the conversion kits will be available mid July 2019.

We cannot begin to explain how excited we are to have the opportunity to offer these new products and are looking forward to being able to have California compliant LS JKs on the road.

Please feel free to contact us for additional information and have a great weekend!

See less See more
#2 ·

It is with great pleasure and excitement that we proudly announce a first of its kind in the motorsports world……. MoTECH, LLC has obtained a California Executive Order allowing for a California compliant Gen IV 5.3L LS swap into a 2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler JK!

:bounce2: YES, I DID ACTUALLY JUST SAY THAT WE HAVE MET CALIFORNIA REQUIREMENTS AND CAN OFFER A CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT CONVERSION!:bounce2:

You will now be able to perform a GEN IV LS JK Conversion by using a California compliant donor GM Gen IV 5.3L engine sourced from a GM Light Duty Truck, of the same model year or newer than the receiving vehicle.

• Starting Now - Motech will offer in-house California compliant GEN IV LS JK installs.
  • Late July 2019 - Overland Performance will begin offering California compliant GEN IV LS JK Conversion Kits. Pricing for the conversion kits will be available mid July 2019.

We cannot begin to explain how excited we are to have the opportunity to offer these new products and are looking forward to being able to have California compliant LS JKs on the road.

Please feel free to contact us for additional information and have a great weekend!
Now that is HUGE , congratulations to you guys , John get ready to work your butt off trying to keep up !

#7 ·
Congrats Motech!

You guys rock and are hands-down the best off road company I've ever dealt with.

Thanks Robbie.

Carl in Michigan - 2007 LS3 2015 Motech swap and still the best running vehicle I've ever owned.

#9 ·

:bounce: YES, I DID ACTUALLY JUST SAY THAT WE HAVE MET CALIFORNIA REQUIREMENTS AND CAN OFFER A CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT CONVERSION!:bounce:

I'm with @ALASHA, when do you guys believe the 6.2 truck and LS3 will see CARB OE's.
Assuming that they might be different.
For the small increase in HP compared between the 5.3 and the 3.6 VS the 6.2 that's what most everyone is clamoring for .

#14 ·
I have driven a 6.2. On a built JK running large tires, personal opinion is even that motor is almost at its top end at least up here at altitude.

Disclaimer:
If you have a 6.2 and think its more than enough thats cool too, I just like to party more. :wink2:

#16 ·
No have a 5.3 6630lbs before loading up for a weekend, on 40's 5.38's.
It does have a cam and dyno'd 260 Tq/hp so about 420+- at the crank.

Lots more power pulling hills etc than a 2015 I've wheeled with that's 1500+ lbs lighter than I am and running 5.13's and 37's.

Now would I like 500-600 RWH hell ya but this is more than enough.

IMO biggest issue with these swaps is not putting in correct gearing, 5.38's IMO if its built and running 37-40's.
4.10's just will kill performance.

#19 ·
I'll weigh in on this..(and agree with Alasha)

Motech did a gen v lt1 in my rig a couple months ago. Tons, 40s , 5.38 gears etc.

A 6.2 is absolutely baseline for the money spent on these swaps. I would have been extremely disappointed with a 5.3. Horsepower doesnt mean anything in these rigs, its all torque and the 8-speed transmission. I'd be happy to give a ride to anyone in Southern California looking to maybe swap their Jeep.:rockon:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.