JKOwners Forum banner

Gen V trap door oil pans

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jschmidt 
#1 ·
What is everyone using to help the oil pickup when on angles? I don’t have mine installed yet, and I can’t find much info on the gen v engines and oil starvation on angles.

I know the LS engines had issues and there were several trap door pans and inserts to keep oil at the pickup when off camber/pointed up and down.

Do the gen V engines have the same troubles? I have an L86 so it has the truck on on it. It seems pretty far back and deep. How does this do on steep downhill?

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

#2 ·
I don't know about the Gen V but I have an L96 Gen IV truck engine. I assume the stock pans are similar and had no noticeable loss of oil psi while off camber or steep downhill. I did however change out the stock cast aluminum pan that I cracked while playing in the rocks. I went with a Tilden Motorsports "Pro" pan that is steel and has a built in skid plate. The pan also has weighted trap doors that is supposed to help keep the oil in the pickup longer. Another benefit is the Tilden pan is about 2.25" shorter giving better ground clearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.