PSC Big Bore with LS Swap - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By un lupus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

PSC Big Bore with LS Swap

I have received differing comments in regards to whether the PSC Big Bore hydro assist will work or fit with a LS swap. Some say yes. Some say no that you have to go back to either a PSC "original" box or a West TX Off-Road box built for a V8.

Anyone with specific experience with this?

'13 JKU Billet Silver, RockKrawler 3.5 lift, JRi Shocks, Currie VXR60s, Spyderlock Wheels, Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.50, ARB Twin with Lockers, PSC Hydro Assist, Superchips Flashpaq, Rubi Rails, Ace Rock Sliders, sPod, JCR Front & Rear bumpers, Engo 10KS Winch, KrawlOff-Road LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 07:37 AM
JKO Addict!

When I last spoke with Robbi, the PSC Big Bore XD version 2 will not work with an LS swap. I think the version 1 does work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
When I last spoke with Robbi, the PSC Big Bore XD version 2 will not work with an LS swap. I think the version 1 does work.
I'll have to go back and figure out which one I got. Can't remember. Any quick reference to look for?

'13 JKU Billet Silver, RockKrawler 3.5 lift, JRi Shocks, Currie VXR60s, Spyderlock Wheels, Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.50, ARB Twin with Lockers, PSC Hydro Assist, Superchips Flashpaq, Rubi Rails, Ace Rock Sliders, sPod, JCR Front & Rear bumpers, Engo 10KS Winch, KrawlOff-Road LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 01:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG00 View Post
I'll have to go back and figure out which one I got. Can't remember. Any quick reference to look for?
Got nothing. @PSCJEFF care to chime in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Granite Guru

On my Motech LS3 swap with OE Jeep accessories (less PSC pump/assist), I don’t see any possibility of the ac comp clearing the box. It is super tight, I’m on the latest billet brackets, between the comp pulley and box.

So close that I regularly inspect for contact. After 15k miles and plenty of time in the rocks I have not seen any indication of contact with the stock ported PSC box.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-26-2018, 03:41 PM
Rock God

Take a look at Howe Performance Hydro Steering , it's what I'm runnin' in my LS-3 - JK .
And yes it's compatible with the new Motech billet bracketry .

Check w/John @JohnPShoe at Overland Performance he can get you pics I believe .
ALASHA likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-06-2018, 08:50 PM
Granite Guru

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm curious about the fitment running the gm accessories. Specifically, I have the CTS V accessory drive. There's not much room between the belt and the top of stock steering box. I'm curious how much taller and wider the PSC box is. Has anyone tried this combo?
post #8 of 8 Old 05-06-2019, 07:16 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorge33 View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm curious about the fitment running the gm accessories. Specifically, I have the CTS V accessory drive. There's not much room between the belt and the top of stock steering box. I'm curious how much taller and wider the PSC box is. Has anyone tried this combo?
It will fit if you are running the CTSV accessories. One thing we have found with the big bore box is it moves a lot of fluid. the stock reservoir on the CTSV pump will get sucked dry....you need to run a larger reservoir.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode