TJ-LJ LS Conversion Harness - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-22-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

TJ-LJ LS Conversion Harness

I know this is a JK forum but I figured some of you guys still have TJs as well and those that don't still like cool stuff.

We have a conversion harness for the Jeep TJ-LJ that will allow you to install a GEN4 GM LS - 6L80E into your Jeep with all the factory dash and AC still working.

We did a 05 TJ Rubi back in August 2018 with a LS3 430HP and a 6 speed auto 6L80E and it turned out fantastic. One of the best driving TJ's I have ever driven.

Our plan is to build from this harness and eventually offer a GEN4 manual trans option as well as a GEN3 Auto and Manual option.
RpmExtreme TJ-LJ GEN4 LS Conversion Harness :: RPM Extreme

Donut707 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Rock God

The PCM in my 2005 LJ Rubicon started throwing P1603 and going in limp mode every time I reset it. Tried 2 Chrysler remanufactured PCMs, fixed limp mode but throw 4 O2 codes. They cancelled the third replacement and no updates on future replacement. Does your setup require piggybacking to Chrysler PCM or is it stand alone GM. (Preferably)
Wifey gave me $1000 for my birthday and said ď Make the orange Jeep great again ď
Do you offer a complete kit or does it need to be pieced together. Eg Novak or AA parts
Thanks, Jeeps Been parked since last fall and no word from Chrysler on remanufactured PCMs, 400 on backorder.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-23-2018, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
The PCM in my 2005 LJ Rubicon started throwing P1603 and going in limp mode every time I reset it. Tried 2 Chrysler remanufactured PCMs, fixed limp mode but throw 4 O2 codes. They cancelled the third replacement and no updates on future replacement. Does your setup require piggybacking to Chrysler PCM or is it stand alone GM. (Preferably)
Wifey gave me $1000 for my birthday and said ď Make the orange Jeep great again ď
Do you offer a complete kit or does it need to be pieced together. Eg Novak or AA parts
Thanks, Jeeps Been parked since last fall and no word from Chrysler on remanufactured PCMs, 400 on backorder.
The Jeep PCM will be left in, mainly to run the tach and speedo. Any codes its throwing shouldn't affect a LS swap.

Currently its just the harness-electronics package. At some point will be have a full "kit" as well as offering parts separate like the radiator, mounts etc...

What O2 codes are you throwing? Heater codes or something else. It could just be a O2 sensor mismatch with the pcm calibration.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-24-2018, 08:07 AM
Rock God

PCM throws P0031, P0037, P0051, P0057. My original PCM started throwing u0101 and P1603 and going in limp mode every time it was shut off after resetting it. Iíve had 2 Chrysler remanufactured PCMs installed and both throw the O2 codes, the third was cancelled.
I was hoping for a stand alone solution so I could get rid of the Chrysler PCM.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-24-2018, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
PCM throws P0031, P0037, P0051, P0057. My original PCM started throwing u0101 and P1603 and going in limp mode every time it was shut off after resetting it. Iíve had 2 Chrysler remanufactured PCMs installed and both throw the O2 codes, the third was cancelled.
I was hoping for a stand alone solution so I could get rid of the Chrysler PCM.
Those are all o2 heater circuit low codes. Either 2 pcm's had burned up o2 drivers on all 4 sensors or something else is going on.

Does it still run and drive fine?

post #6 of 9 Old 09-24-2018, 04:24 PM
Rock God

I havenít driven it aside from after installing the 2nd remanufactured PCM. It shifted and drove fine for the 30 or so miles we put on it. My upstanding is tha air fuel mixture will be all messed up and the already bad mileage will be worse. On the TJ forums the hard shifts and O2 codes and bad PCMs are common on 05/06 years when they combined the TCM/PCM.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-24-2018, 08:17 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME View Post

Currently its just the harness-electronics package. At some point will be have a full "kit" as well as offering parts separate like the radiator, mounts etc...
I'd be interested in hearing what radiator & shroud you used, what fan, and how the temps ran. Also what shifter did you use?

2011 5.3L GM LC9 Aluminum LS V8 Conversion w/ Custom Dyno Tune
Aluminum Genright Bumpers Front & Rear - Aluminum Nemesis Rockers
PR44/RCV/Reid Front - Superior Rear - ORF Front / Poly Rear Cage - ORF Tire Carrier
RK 3.5" Springs - Fox 2.0 Adjustable Shocks - JKS Arms & Trackbars - Poly Steering
post #8 of 9 Old 09-25-2018, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep2.0 View Post
I'd be interested in hearing what radiator & shroud you used, what fan, and how the temps ran. Also what shifter did you use?
We had a HD aluminum radiator designed for it with an aluminum shroud. We used one of the new SPAL PWM fans and controlled it with our EZCANBUS Module.
No issues with temps. We could run the fan based on AC pressure, Coolant temp and trans temp. We could run the fan anywhere from 0 % to 98 %

The radiator was designed to mate up with the LS3 water pump so the hoses fit and gave us room for the 4" air intake tube.

post #9 of 9 Old 11-28-2018, 03:39 AM
Rock God

So...
in your pictures it shows GM PCM. Where is the Chrysler PCM. Iím in process of getting a L83 with 6l80 and parts needed for mounting P/S pump. Still wondering why the Chrysler PCM is needed. I planned on new bezel and gauges like AutoMeter or similar sells Lokar shifter...
List goes on. Just getting motor and then removing I6. I understand I canít use Rubicon 4-1 T case either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode