The only Jeep CARB Legal engine swap - Page 3 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 67 Old 01-03-2019, 07:36 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOWBOY View Post
Did Liz decide on her engine swap yet?

How's that cruise control switch workin' out?

Happy Kwanzaa.
The cruise control switch didnt work. I notified JSS. Couple weeks later they offered to ship me the only working switch that they tested on a 2011 before Christmas. That meant everyone else would be screwed so I gave them to the new year to figure it out. Shipping says that the new switch arrives on Jan 8. I will let you know then if it is fixed.

Hopefully it is, and hopefully everyone else gets fixed also... If not Dakota Customs has fixed it in their PCM...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 67 Old 01-04-2019, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjoh1972 View Post
The cruise control switch didnt work. I notified JSS. Couple weeks later they offered to ship me the only working switch that they tested on a 2011 before Christmas. That meant everyone else would be screwed so I gave them to the new year to figure it out. Shipping says that the new switch arrives on Jan 8. I will let you know then if it is fixed.

Hopefully it is, and hopefully everyone else gets fixed also... If not Dakota Customs has fixed it in their PCM...

In 2011 when we where building Hemi Jeeps, the thought was to keep the computer more stock and modify the cruise switch, well i know that Dakota Customs does not build their our computers, they have a guy and i know him. I guess i could work on a new program for the 2011 Jeep computer, but it will not be legal in California, because we can not change the CVN number in the computer and that is why i do not build a custom computer. Also we build our own computers here at Jeep Speed Shop.

I just did not want to build the cruise switches anymore, I was trying to have someone do it for me, because i do not have the time anymore and to build the switches is very hard to do. Now the 2012-2018 Jeeps have a box that brakes down the info and not a switch, that goes for everyone.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
post #53 of 67 Old 01-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
In 2011 when we where building Hemi Jeeps, the thought was to keep the computer more stock and modify the cruise switch, well i know that Dakota Customs does not build their our computers, they have a guy and i know him. I guess i could work on a new program for the 2011 Jeep computer, but it will not be legal in California, because we can not change the CVN number in the computer and that is why i do not build a custom computer. Also we build our own computers here at Jeep Speed Shop.

I just did not want to build the cruise switches anymore, I was trying to have someone do it for me, because i do not have the time anymore and to build the switches is very hard to do. Now the 2012-2018 Jeeps have a box that brakes down the info and not a switch, that goes for everyone.
I understand that. Had you said that over a year and half/maybe 2yrs ago when I bought the kit. Maybe I would have gone a different route. Something like AEV, or maybe just put a new 3.8L in my Jeep and ran with what I had. This is where we are. I spent a lot of money with your company. I have since spent 2-3 times that resolving other issues with the kit. You have made promises on function that have not worked. Frankly, I am willing to forget about the last 2 years of aggravation for you to simply just keep your promises that you made. I am not here to start a pissing contest. Nobody wins once that starts. I just want my Jeep to work as you promised it would.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 67 Old 01-04-2019, 12:17 PM
Minstrel Gigolo

Quote:
Did Liz decide on her engine swap yet?

How's that cruise control switch workin' out?

Happy Kwanzaa.
The jss drama is unfolding faster than a steamed vagina.
stevenjoh1972 likes this.
post #55 of 67 Old 01-04-2019, 06:10 PM
Rock God

Did Liz request cruise control on her engine swap?

Would it be possible to have pictures PM'ed to me of Liz in a string bikini?
un lupus likes this.

I'm the President of The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter ... and you ain't.
post #56 of 67 Old 01-05-2019, 07:48 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I understand that. Had you said that over a year and half/maybe 2yrs ago when I bought the kit. Maybe I would have gone a different route. Something like Motech, or maybe just put a new 3.8L in my Jeep and ran with what I had. This is where we are. I spent a lot of money with your company. I have since spent 2-3 times that resolving other issues with the kit. You have made promises on function that have not worked. Frankly, I am willing to forget about the last 2 years of aggravation for you to simply just keep your promises that you made. I am not here to start a pissing contest. Nobody wins once that starts. I just want my Jeep to work as you promised it would.

Fixed it for ya.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #57 of 67 Old 01-05-2019, 08:06 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc View Post
Fixed it for ya.
LOL. When the 3.8L took a crap at 70k miles. I wanted to do a diesel(4bt). There is to little info on what NC would allow me to do when it came to that swap. I then looked into doing an LS and talked to Robbie at Motech. Again, I couldn't get a straight answer on what the NC DMV would allow. The Hemi was my only V8 option that I positively knew would be permitted. This Jeep used to be my daily driver. For first 15mo, I couldn't get it to run without it getting really warm. So, I had to buy a commuter car until I figured it out. For as much as I like the truck motor swap. It is an epic pain in the ass to make it work right because their is no room in the engine bay, and my Mechanical skills are not strong enough to figure some of this stuff out.

I would have loved to have done an LS, saved the weight, saved the heat issues.

post #58 of 67 Old 01-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:

Careful what ya ask for !
post #59 of 67 Old 01-07-2019, 11:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by un lupus View Post

Just guessing here:

un lupus likes this.

Kevin
post #60 of 67 Old 01-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

It has been way to long, but my cruise control now works. Seems like Todd has finally made some switches. I finally got mine and installed it today.

rockystock likes this.
post #61 of 67 Old 01-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Minstrel Gigolo

I think you mentioned you were in NC. How does your swap work with inspections / emissions? Are you in a county where they inspect? If so, what do they do?
post #62 of 67 Old 01-08-2019, 04:12 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Congratulations! About time.
post #63 of 67 Old 01-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
I think you mentioned you were in NC. How does your swap work with inspections / emissions? Are you in a county where they inspect? If so, what do they do?
For the Hemi, it uses a mopar pcm with mopar programming, and my vin is burned into the pcm. All of the emissions work as they did with the 3.8L. I took to an local shop, they hooked it up. There were no emission codes, and it passed. I have heard diesel swaps require a retitled. I really dont know. All of the LS kits seem to have better vendor support but I couldn't get a straight answer on what would happen. There a couple of dealerships that do the Hemi swaps, and Rubtrix which is just an hour from me turns out 50+ a year. I wasn't really worried.

post #64 of 67 Old 01-13-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
The jss drama is unfolding faster than a steamed vagina.
Sorry no Drama and no Liz!

707-338-3154
post #65 of 67 Old 01-13-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by un lupus View Post
A Liz called us awhile back and she was going to drive 2 of our Jeeps but she was a no show.

707-338-3154
post #66 of 67 Old 01-13-2019, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God

Quote:
It has been way to long, but my cruise control now works. Seems like Todd has finally made some switches. I finally got mine and installed it today.

I'M Glade your Cruise is working, so it looks like i'm back to building them my self again.

707-338-3154
post #67 of 67 Old 03-13-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God

CARB LEGAL HEMI SWAP

Here is a Jeep we have been testing on.

One thing i would like to add, when doing a Hemi swap their is no need for a Special Can Bus convertor box.
Attached Images

707-338-3154
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode