The only Jeep CARB Legal engine swap - Page 2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26 of 67 Old 08-03-2018, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
I sent an email a couple weeks ago but did not get a reply.
if I purchased a "Smog legal" kit from you in the past can I get a sticker if I have mopar cats?
I did not get your email, Did you Buy a VVT Truck Hemi Kit. We just got our CARB Legal Hemi swap passed, so our old kits, needed to go threw the Referee Program in California. If you are out of state, you should be good.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154

Last edited by jss; 08-03-2018 at 05:52 PM.
jss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #27 of 67 Old 08-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Granite Guru
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: temecula, ca
Age: 46
Posts: 355
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
I did not get your email, Did you Buy a VVT Truck Hemi Kit. We just got our CARB Legal Hemi swap passed, so our old kits, needed to go threw the Referee Program in California. If you are out of state, you should be good.
No, I bought a "smog legal"" kit for a grand cherokee. It failed miserably at the CA ref for the computer VIN and programming. Now I can't register my jeep in CA. Do the new kits come with different programming than what I received? How can I make my "smog legal" kit be.. you know... smog legal?
elusive is offline  
post #28 of 67 Old 08-09-2018, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
No, I bought a "smog legal"" kit for a grand cherokee. It failed miserably at the CA ref for the computer VIN and programming. Now I can't register my jeep in CA. Do the new kits come with different programming than what I received? How can I make my "smog legal" kit be.. you know... smog legal?
When did you try and do this? I no we did not sell you Catalytic Convertors. If you tried in 2017, you would need to go to the Jeep Dealer to have the computer check out (as per the Referee) Going threw the Referee process now in 2017-2018 is way harder. This is why we did the CARB Legal kits.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
jss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #29 of 67 Old 09-17-2018, 03:59 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
We did it, the first CARB LEGAL HEMI SWAP, we are all Legal and we do it right. We are the only shop that can say that our swap is all Legal and done right, our kit is certified with the Air Resource Board.
That is great news Todd! Now can we work on getting my Cruise working on my 2011 Gen4 truck Hemi swap that I bought from you? It has only been over a year...
stevenjoh1972 is offline  
post #30 of 67 Old 09-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

North Carolina emissions checks passed without issue.
stevenjoh1972 is offline  
post #31 of 67 Old 09-21-2018, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjoh1972 View Post
That is great news Todd! Now can we work on getting my Cruise working on my 2011 Gen4 truck Hemi swap that I bought from you? It has only been over a year...
I should have them any day

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
jss is offline  
post #32 of 67 Old 09-22-2018, 06:24 AM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
We are changing how engine conversions are done, taking the mystery out of the conversion world. Like the wiring, we are now having Jeep build our wiring with the right wiring colors for the Dodge Ram 2009 1500 truck and the computer is a stock computer also the the 2009 Dodge Ram truck. This is what we use in our new CARB LEGAL CONVERSION, so if you have a problem you can fix it, just has easy as if your Jeep was stock with the 3.8L. Because i do not own your Jeep and you should be-able to repair your Jeep anywhere with or with out me. Just like if you bought this from Jeep. I hear this at times, what if my Jeep brakes down, how do i fix it well it would be just like if you had a 3.8L. Keeping your Jeep all Mopar makes it easier to understand the systems and how it works, I'm not saying the Jeep JK is easy to work on, but I'm saying that your Jeep is talking the same language.
What are the current PCM in the 5.7VVT conversions? Are they running some sort of custom program? Will the stock 2009 PCM work with any year VVT 5.7L? IE I have a 2013 5.7l Truck motor? Will that allow the dealerships to upgrade the PCM code if there is a TSB that affects the current programing?
stevenjoh1972 is offline  
post #33 of 67 Old 09-30-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjoh1972 View Post
What are the current PCM in the 5.7VVT conversions? Are they running some sort of custom program? Will the stock 2009 PCM work with any year VVT 5.7L? IE I have a 2013 5.7l Truck motor? Will that allow the dealerships to upgrade the PCM code if there is a TSB that affects the current programing?
We use to computers one for the 545RFE trans and one for the 65RFE trans, the 2009 computer will work the engine from 2009-2018, but it will only work the 545RFE trans 2005-2010. They should not need to update the computer, the trick is that the computer has a Jeep VIN. Their should not need any updates, most of the updates are for emissions anyway. We have a computer we use in our CARB Legal kits that is approved and has the latest updates.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
jss is offline  
post #34 of 67 Old 10-05-2018, 06:05 AM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
We use to computers one for the 545RFE trans and one for the 65RFE trans, the 2009 computer will work the engine from 2009-2018, but it will only work the 545RFE trans 2005-2010. They should not need to update the computer, the trick is that the computer has a Jeep VIN. Their should not need any updates, most of the updates are for emissions anyway. We have a computer we use in our CARB Legal kits that is approved and has the latest updates.
My current kit from you seems to work with the 645RFE, as that is what I am using.
stevenjoh1972 is offline  
post #35 of 67 Old 10-23-2018, 08:35 AM
Granite Guru
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: temecula, ca
Age: 46
Posts: 355
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
When did you try and do this? I no we did not sell you Catalytic Convertors. If you tried in 2017, you would need to go to the Jeep Dealer to have the computer check out (as per the Referee) Going threw the Referee process now in 2017-2018 is way harder. This is why we did the CARB Legal kits.
Lets try again.
I bought a "smog legal" kit from you.
just like the poster above, my 2011 cruise control doesn't work and you have been telling me that I'll get the parts "any day now" for almost 4 years.
My kit was advertised and sold as smog legal. I took it to the ref and its not even remotely close. its not the cats because they are OEM, it's the parts you sold me. (or bought from hotwire and resold me)
You probably remember that I didn't buy cats because I cancelled the exhaust order from you after I didn't receive it for months and i took it to an exhaust shop. Then it took months to get a refund for the exhaust from you.
So I still have a jeep that doesn't pass smog in CA even though you assured me that it would when I bought the kit. My AC never worked either and after a couple of summers without it I went and had custom lines made.
I only want what I bought. a CA legal hemi swap kit. In January it will have been 4 years that I have been asking this same thing.

I wouldn't post it all here but this seems to be the only way you will respond...



Tue, Apr 19, 2016, 8:36 AM
to Todd

Hi Todd,
any news on the cruise switch?
any eta at all?


[email protected]
Tue, Apr 19, 2016, 8:03 PM
to me

Getting the proto type done now, so i do not have to build them one at time, it takes me to long.

Dec 6, 2016, 1:05 PM
to Todd

Hi Todd,
I still need a cruise control switch. Do you have any?
thanks,

On Oct 22, 2015, at 7:02 AM,
>
> Hi Todd,
> I'm still waiting on an A/C line and for my cruise control to work. It sure was hot in the desert last weekend with no AC.
> Also,
> I am going to need to smog my jeep next year.
> thanks,
> Chris


Apr 5, 2016, 7:10 AM
to Todd

Todd,
I am still waiting on the switch to make my cruise control work.
also, what air cleaner do you use to go to the smog ref?
Thanks,


Mon, Jul 16, 12:53 PM
to jeepspeedshop.com

Hi Todd,
can I get an EO sticker for the kit I bought? it has stock MOPAR cats in the stock location. smog ref didnt have a problem with them but failed me because the computer has the V6 VIN.
thanks,
Chris

no reply....
elusive is offline  
post #36 of 67 Old 10-28-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
Lets try again.
I bought a "smog legal" kit from you.
just like the poster above, my 2011 cruise control doesn't work and you have been telling me that I'll get the parts "any day now" for almost 4 years.
My kit was advertised and sold as smog legal. I took it to the ref and its not even remotely close. its not the cats because they are OEM, it's the parts you sold me. (or bought from hotwire and resold me)
You probably remember that I didn't buy cats because I cancelled the exhaust order from you after I didn't receive it for months and i took it to an exhaust shop. Then it took months to get a refund for the exhaust from you.
So I still have a jeep that doesn't pass smog in CA even though you assured me that it would when I bought the kit. My AC never worked either and after a couple of summers without it I went and had custom lines made.
I only want what I bought. a CA legal hemi swap kit. In January it will have been 4 years that I have been asking this same thing.

I wouldn't post it all here but this seems to be the only way you will respond...



Tue, Apr 19, 2016, 8:36 AM
to Todd

Hi Todd,
any news on the cruise switch?
any eta at all?


[email protected]
Tue, Apr 19, 2016, 8:03 PM
to me

Getting the proto type done now, so i do not have to build them one at time, it takes me to long.

Dec 6, 2016, 1:05 PM
to Todd

Hi Todd,
I still need a cruise control switch. Do you have any?
thanks,

On Oct 22, 2015, at 7:02 AM,
>
> Hi Todd,
> I'm still waiting on an A/C line and for my cruise control to work. It sure was hot in the desert last weekend with no AC.
> Also,
> I am going to need to smog my jeep next year.
> thanks,
> Chris


Apr 5, 2016, 7:10 AM
to Todd

Todd,
I am still waiting on the switch to make my cruise control work.
also, what air cleaner do you use to go to the smog ref?
Thanks,


Mon, Jul 16, 12:53 PM
to jeepspeedshop.com

Hi Todd,
can I get an EO sticker for the kit I bought? it has stock MOPAR cats in the stock location. smog ref didnt have a problem with them but failed me because the computer has the V6 VIN.
thanks,
Chris

no reply....
This is easy, most people get confused. Before we had a CARB Legal kit it was up to you to get it threw smog at the Referee and the only engine that we could get threw was the truck Hemi do to the Ultra Low Emission Vehicle. Now before 2017 it was easier and now the new Gide Lines for 2018 makes it harder. The computer has to have the VIN from the Jeep to make it start and run. The new CARB Legal Hemi kit we have now only works with the VVT Truck Hemi for the 2007-2011 jeeps. We did this because of all of the problems with the Referee confusion and the rule changes, we spent a lot of money and time to get this done right, before the CARB Legal kit we have now it was always up to the owner of the Jeep and now we have the ONLY kit out their and they are number.
I have Cruise switches for the 2011 Jeep now, now the 2011 Jeep is a 1 off Jeep and the only Jeep that needs Cruise switches that have a 3.8L so the 2007-2010 Jeeps do not need Cruise switches.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
jss is offline  
post #37 of 67 Old 10-28-2018, 10:54 AM
Granite Guru
 
rockystock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 334
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
This is easy, most people get confused. Before we had a CARB Legal kit it was up to you to get it threw smog at the Referee and the only engine that we could get threw was the truck Hemi do to the Ultra Low Emission Vehicle. Now before 2017 it was easier and now the new Gide Lines for 2018 makes it harder. The computer has to have the VIN from the Jeep to make it start and run. The new CARB Legal Hemi kit we have now only works with the VVT Truck Hemi for the 2007-2011 jeeps. We did this because of all of the problems with the Referee confusion and the rule changes, we spent a lot of money and time to get this done right, before the CARB Legal kit we have now it was always up to the owner of the Jeep and now we have the ONLY kit out their and they are number.
I have Cruise switches for the 2011 Jeep now, now the 2011 Jeep is a 1 off Jeep and the only Jeep that needs Cruise switches that have a 3.8L so the 2007-2010 Jeeps do not need Cruise switches.
PM sent.
rockystock is offline  
post #38 of 67 Old 11-10-2018, 07:14 AM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
This is easy, most people get confused. Before we had a CARB Legal kit it was up to you to get it threw smog at the Referee and the only engine that we could get threw was the truck Hemi do to the Ultra Low Emission Vehicle. Now before 2017 it was easier and now the new Gide Lines for 2018 makes it harder. The computer has to have the VIN from the Jeep to make it start and run. The new CARB Legal Hemi kit we have now only works with the VVT Truck Hemi for the 2007-2011 jeeps. We did this because of all of the problems with the Referee confusion and the rule changes, we spent a lot of money and time to get this done right, before the CARB Legal kit we have now it was always up to the owner of the Jeep and now we have the ONLY kit out their and they are number.
I have Cruise switches for the 2011 Jeep now, now the 2011 Jeep is a 1 off Jeep and the only Jeep that needs Cruise switches that have a 3.8L so the 2007-2010 Jeeps do not need Cruise switches.
Todd, how do I get one of these cruise switches?



Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
stevenjoh1972 is offline  
post #39 of 67 Old 11-22-2018, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews

Cruise switch is on it's way to you.
stevenjoh1972 likes this.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
jss is offline  
post #40 of 67 Old 12-09-2018, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews
The best Hemi conversion ever

The best thing about putting a Hemi engine in a Jeep is that you keep your Jeep all Mopar, when you bought your Jeep it must have been OK. We are putting more energy in our Hemi swaps and trying to make them easier to install and make the end user more comfortable, if they have any problems what to do. We now have Bolt in engine mounts, so no more welding. We are getting help from Jeep on our wiring.

Our computers are compatible with HPTuners, so you can tune them. Now you are not suppose to modify our CARB legal computer, because if you do it will change the CVN ("Calibration Verification Number") and the computer will not be legal anymore! It is like this with any computer not just our CARB Legal computer.

We are also working on a new Camaro fan setup for V8 swaps and V6 engines, this is a bolt in system with a new fan shroud. So we are not reusing the Camaro fan shroud.

We are working on making our Hemi swap as easy as pulling the 3.8L and putting the 3.8L back, so no cutting of wires NO special BOX and no confusion of what is what.

To me the Hemi is away simpler way to do a V8 swap.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154

Last edited by jss; 12-09-2018 at 08:46 AM.
jss is offline  
post #41 of 67 Old 12-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
The best thing about putting a Hemi engine in a Jeep is that you keep your Jeep all Mopar, when you bought your Jeep it must have been OK. We are putting more energy in our Hemi swaps and trying to make them easier to install and make the end user more comfortable, if they have any problems what to do. We now have Bolt in engine mounts, so no more welding. We are getting help from Jeep on our wiring.

Our computers are compatible with HPTuners, so you can tune them. Now you are not suppose to modify our CARB legal computer, because if you do it will change the CVN ("Calibration Verification Number") and the computer will not be legal anymore! It is like this with any computer not just our CARB Legal computer.

We are also working on a new Camaro fan setup for V8 swaps and V6 engines, this is a bolt in system with a new fan shroud. So we are not reusing the Camaro fan shroud.

We are working on making our Hemi swap as easy as pulling the 3.8L and putting the 3.8L back, so no cutting of wires NO special BOX and no confusion of what is what.

To me the Hemi is away simpler way to do a V8 swap.
Is a new functioning cruise control switch on the way yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
stevenjoh1972 is offline  
post #42 of 67 Old 12-09-2018, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjoh1972 View Post
Is a new functioning cruise control switch on the way yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes, I have been testing in our Jeep and it works great.
stevenjoh1972 likes this.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
jss is offline  
post #43 of 67 Old 12-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Yes, I have been testing in our Jeep and it works great.
So I should expect it next week?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
stevenjoh1972 is offline  
post #44 of 67 Old 12-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Minstrel Gigolo
 
snout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 983
Feedback: 0 reviews

I notice "Liz" deleted "her" threads / posts.
Only other person I know who doesn't know the difference between "threw" and "through".

Kinda lame, jss, but that seems to be the least of your problems.
ALASHA likes this.
snout is offline  
post #45 of 67 Old 12-10-2018, 07:11 AM
JKO Addict!
 
ALASHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 8,139
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
I notice "Liz" deleted "her" threads / posts.
No!!!! @StubEXrube please tell me you are still around and can resurrect and inspect the posting IP


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ALASHA is online now  
post #46 of 67 Old 12-10-2018, 07:28 AM
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 105
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjoh1972 View Post
Is a new functioning cruise control switch on the way yet?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I have already figured out how to use an electric spal 30101516 fan. I have sent a ton of photos to you already

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
stevenjoh1972 is offline  
post #47 of 67 Old 01-01-2019, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews
The only CARB Legal V8 swap

To all Jeepers, Happy, Happy New Year!



I was thinking of all the things that happened in 2018 and I think 2018 is the best year yet at Jeep Speed Shop!



Though we’ve had some hard years in the past, 2018 was one of the hardest and at the same time one of the best and most exciting. You know that putting V8 engines in newer Jeeps is always a challenge - mostly to do with “Emissions stuff” – As we have to go through the State of California, to get it street legal.



So in 2018 Jeep Speed Shop took up the challenge to make our Hemi conversion kits CARB legal. Getting our 2007-2011 Jeep JK Wranglers CARB Legal is a BIG Deal and, just to explain how big a deal, there is no other Conversion Company that has ever even come close! After hundreds of hours and too many visits to the California Referee station to remember, I engineered the industry’s first 50-state legal JK HEMI conversion.



What does this means to you, the end user? It means your JK HEMI conversion is certified by the California Air Resources Board – Executive Order D-811, Section 27156 of the Vehicle Code. You/We do not anymore have to spend hours upon hours at the Referee station to have your Jeep certified; Now all you/we need to do! Is go to the smog shop and smog your Jeep.



Getting a HEMI CARB Legal approval is big - and I don’t mind telling you that everybody told me it could not be done. However, Jeep Speed Shop was up to the challenge. And, to make it even more challenging, the emissions testing changed at the end of 2016, so we had to adapt again and change with the new guidelines to keep up with the latest Technology specifications.



We are very proud that we achieved this CARB legal certification in 2018 – more so as we are the only engine conversion shop to achieve this certification. Yes, you can say we keep raising the bar higher and higher to ensure you, our customers, get the Jeep conversion you want - straight forward and factory stock in the application.



I’m so thankful for all of your support and believe 2018 was a turning point in Jeep Speed Shop’s life. We wish all of you a Happy New Year full of joy and many Jeep excursions!



Todd Custer

Jeep Speed Shop
Donut707 likes this.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
jss is offline  
post #48 of 67 Old 01-01-2019, 06:36 AM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 837
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
To all Jeepers, Happy, Happy New Year!



I was thinking of all the things that happened in 2018 and I think 2018 is the best year yet at Jeep Speed Shop!



Though we’ve had some hard years in the past, 2018 was one of the hardest and at the same time one of the best and most exciting. You know that putting V8 engines in newer Jeeps is always a challenge - mostly to do with “Emissions stuff” – As we have to go through the State of California, to get it street legal.



So in 2018 Jeep Speed Shop took up the challenge to make our Hemi conversion kits CARB legal. Getting our 2007-2011 Jeep JK Wranglers CARB Legal is a BIG Deal and, just to explain how big a deal, there is no other Conversion Company that has ever even come close! After hundreds of hours and too many visits to the California Referee station to remember, I engineered the industry’s first 50-state legal JK HEMI conversion.



What does this means to you, the end user? It means your JK HEMI conversion is certified by the California Air Resources Board – Executive Order D-811, Section 27156 of the Vehicle Code. You/We do not anymore have to spend hours upon hours at the Referee station to have your Jeep certified; Now all you/we need to do! Is go to the smog shop and smog your Jeep.



Getting a HEMI CARB Legal approval is big - and I don’t mind telling you that everybody told me it could not be done. However, Jeep Speed Shop was up to the challenge. And, to make it even more challenging, the emissions testing changed at the end of 2016, so we had to adapt again and change with the new guidelines to keep up with the latest Technology specifications.



We are very proud that we achieved this CARB legal certification in 2018 – more so as we are the only engine conversion shop to achieve this certification. Yes, you can say we keep raising the bar higher and higher to ensure you, our customers, get the Jeep conversion you want - straight forward and factory stock in the application.



I’m so thankful for all of your support and believe 2018 was a turning point in Jeep Speed Shop’s life. We wish all of you a Happy New Year full of joy and many Jeep excursions!



Todd Custer

Jeep Speed Shop
That’s great news.
Looks like your spell check and grammar check are working better this year.
un lupus likes this.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline  
post #49 of 67 Old 01-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Rock God
 
KOWBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Posts: 802
Feedback: 1 reviews

Did Liz decide on her engine swap yet?

How's that cruise control switch workin' out?

Happy Kwanzaa.
ALASHA likes this.

I'm the President of The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter ... and you ain't.
KOWBOY is offline  
post #50 of 67 Old 01-03-2019, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
jss
Rock God
 
jss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 54
Posts: 1,256
Feedback: 3 reviews
The Best engine conversion ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
That’s great news.
Looks like your spell check and grammar check are working better this year.
Thanks Buddy, I'm glade you noticed. I know you have my back!

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
jss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome