2011 JKU Cruise not Working JSS 5.7 Truck engine - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 6Likes
  • 1 Post By rockystock
  • 1 Post By 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME
  • 1 Post By rockystock
  • 2 Post By stevenjoh1972
  • 1 Post By jss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 06-01-2018, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
2011 JKU Cruise not Working JSS 5.7 Truck engine

Last year around August I bought the hemi Truck swap kit from Jeep Speed Shop. After some shipping shenanigans I finally received the kit in a much abused and battered box with holes in it. Parts were missing. JSS told me cruise control worked with his kit, and I have been waiting since last September for a switch.

Anyone have a 2011 Hemi swapped JKU with working cruise control?(I know AEV works. AEV wont sell to you if you didnt buy the AEV kit)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjoh1972 View Post
Last year around August I bought the hemi Truck swap kit from Jeep Speed Shop. After some shipping shenanigans I finally received the kit in a much abused and battered box with holes in it. Parts were missing. JSS told me cruise control worked with his kit, and I have been waiting since last September for a switch.

Anyone have a 2011 Hemi swapped JKU with working cruise control?(I know AEV works. AEV wont sell to you if you didnt buy the AEV kit)
Have you tried contacting America's Most Wanted 4x4? They may be able to get you an AEV-equivalent solution, but they may be expensive. They make an AEV-type intake manifold (392 car intake modified) and I contacted them about pricing. Didn't feel like spending almost a grand on really a cosmetic upgrade from the truck hemi intake.

https://www.amw4x4.com/
post #3 of 22 Old 06-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Rock God

I have a2009 JSS Hemi swap kit with functional cruise. What switch are you waiting on? Bruised and battered box is not surprising. I took two or three shipments before I got it all. The most frustrating part of the swap was getting all of the parts.took me about 2 months
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 06-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I'm curious to know what switch this is also. I have an 07 JSS kit and the only reason my cruise didn't work was because the pinouts in the TIPM weren't redirected.
post #5 of 22 Old 06-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I think the 2011s are a bit different with the electronics, maybe more like 2012+ but with the 3.8.
Rodjk likes this.
post #6 of 22 Old 06-03-2018, 01:05 PM
JKowners Vendor

My guess would be the voltage differences between the 07-10 switch and the 2011+ switch.

JSS probably has the PCM setup as a 2010 so it will be looking for the voltages from a 07-10 switch.

The TIPM doesn't really have anything to do with it other than telling the system that it either has the cruise option or not.
The Cruise switch is wired directly to the Jeep PCM.

Could you get a PCM for a 2011 or 2012 Hemi? I bet the cruise would work then. Or splice in a early 07-10 cruise switch at the base of the column to test

rockystock likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
post #7 of 22 Old 06-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I swear if I ever do another v8 swap it will be through RPM extreme.
stevenjoh1972 likes this.
post #8 of 22 Old 06-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockystock View Post
I swear if I ever do another v8 swap it will be through RPM extreme.
And I did exactly that!

07 unlimited LS 6.2 6l80 auto 3" black diamond 37" TOYO MT Trailready beadlocks arb's frt & rear
post #9 of 22 Old 06-28-2018, 05:50 PM

The 2011 JK has the new interior so the cruise control switch is in the steering wheel. The 2007-2010 JK has the cruise control switch on the column. The 2012+ JK has a different ECU due to changing to the 3.6 & NAG (somehow that is relevant to cruise control).

The 2011 is pretty much a stand alone year. Several of the electronic parts will only work in a 2011. My understanding is the cruise control switch in the steering wheel has to be “rewired” inside the switch itself for the cruise control to work. I believe AEV includes this in their kit for the 2011 (which is why the 2011 kit is more expensive). Todd at Jeep Speed Shop will sell you the switch.

I have a 2011 JK using a JSS 5.7 kit. I don’t have cruise control right now either, but that’s only because I haven’t bought the new switch yet. I have too much fun with the gas pedal anyway.

2011 JKU Rubi
5.7L VVT Truck Hemi with 545RFE
6.4L Exhaust Manifolds
3” 304 Stainless Custom Exhaust
2.5” Teraflex Long Arm Kit
Fox 2.0 Shocks
35” BFG All Terrains
PSC Pump
post #10 of 22 Old 06-29-2018, 02:44 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayHog View Post
The 2011 JK has the new interior so the cruise control switch is in the steering wheel. The 2007-2010 JK has the cruise control switch on the column. The 2012+ JK has a different ECU due to changing to the 3.6 & NAG (somehow that is relevant to cruise control).

The 2011 is pretty much a stand alone year. Several of the electronic parts will only work in a 2011. My understanding is the cruise control switch in the steering wheel has to be “rewired” inside the switch itself for the cruise control to work. I believe AEV includes this in their kit for the 2011 (which is why the 2011 kit is more expensive). Todd at Jeep Speed Shop will sell you the switch.

I have a 2011 JK using a JSS 5.7 kit. I don’t have cruise control right now either, but that’s only because I haven’t bought the new switch yet. I have too much fun with the gas pedal anyway.
You can't rewire a 2011 switch that I know of. You can rewire a 07-10

I would bet that AEV sells a "box" that has some circuits and resistors in it to make it output like a 07-10 switch

post #11 of 22 Old 09-10-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

What pins did you have to change? Have a photo, or a diagram?
post #12 of 22 Old 09-10-2018, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME View Post
You can't rewire a 2011 switch that I know of. You can rewire a 07-10

I would bet that AEV sells a "box" that has some circuits and resistors in it to make it output like a 07-10 switch
I have tried to buy the AEV cruise box, they are some snobby folks. They wont sell, nor will they allow a reseller to sell the cruise box unless you have the AEV conversion. As for Todd, and Jeep Speed shop, I have been trying to get him for a year now to make good on his promise to fix my cruise. Every time I ask him about it, he tells me the "guy" that makes them had a death in his family and isn't made anymore yet... Aggravating....

If anyone knows a way to make the cruise on a 2011 work, then your favorite case of beer is on me. If you have a box you sell, or can sell me, I will buy it if it fixes the cruise.
post #13 of 22 Old 09-10-2018, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, for some reason I am not getting notifications from this website.
post #14 of 22 Old 09-11-2018, 12:49 PM
JKowners Vendor

Is there anyway to use a 2011 JK ECU and have it programed for the HEMI? That would allow the cruise to function with the 2011 stock switches.

Maybe try a 2011 Grand Cherokee ECU. they run the same cruise switches.

post #15 of 22 Old 09-17-2018, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Is there anyway to use a 2011 JK ECU and have it programed for the HEMI? That would allow the cruise to function with the 2011 stock switches.

The PCM I have came from Jeep Speed Shop. At the time I bought the kit, Todd told me the Cruise worked with his kit. It has never worked with mine. I tried to reach out to Dan at Dakota Customs as he states he has a PCM that works. Communication fellow apart when it came time to paying for it, I never got an invoice. For whatever the reason, I can imagine a couple. The various kit builders out there don't seem to like to cross sell parts. IE it is either buy it from 1 merchant and your stuck with that guy, or nothing. Multiple conversations to JSS have resulted in the same response, the guy that makes his custom module is not available. In the meantime JSS is leaving his customers in the lurch. While I know it is only a convenience item. Wether I am on a 3hr drive to the beach, a 45min ride to work, cruise is nice to be able to just sit back and soak it all in even if it is just a minor convenience.
post #16 of 22 Old 09-17-2018, 06:56 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Of course it should never matter that you're having a problem with a non-essential system. Hell if they say their kits come with a fully functional flame-throwing exhaust, then the kits better be roasting some asphalt with NO BS from the kit maker.

I tell you, this little niche market is more than ripe for some better kit suppliers.

I've got similar issues as you. Going on 6 months waiting on a refund for returning a crap radiator.

EDIT: sent the radiator back on April 30, finally received refund on November 6.

Last edited by rockystock; 11-06-2018 at 06:04 PM.
post #17 of 22 Old 09-19-2018, 07:49 AM

I have JSS speed control "upgrade" for the hemi conversion. It was a new button panel that replaced the original in the steering. Have not tested it yet as I am having some issues with the engine.
post #18 of 22 Old 09-19-2018, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron man View Post
I have JSS speed control "upgrade" for the hemi conversion. It was a new button panel that replaced the original in the steering. Have not tested it yet as I am having some issues with the engine.
Do you have a picture of it?
post #19 of 22 Old 11-13-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:

Sounds like I maybe in luck. JSS called me today. They are sending me a new cruise control switch/magic box that makes the cruise work today.
Rodjk and rockystock like this.
post #20 of 22 Old 11-22-2018, 07:54 AM
jss
Rock God

Cruise switch sent to you, it is on it's way.
stevenjoh1972 likes this.

["jeep speed shop The GuineaPig Build"]
VVT Truck Hemi Conversions
The ONLY CARB LEGAL JEEP ENGINE CONVERSION

7911 Redwood Dr, Cotati, Ca. 94931
707-338-3154
post #21 of 22 Old 11-23-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Cruise switch sent to you, it is on it's way.
Thank you. It arrived today. I noticed it came in a Mopar box. Does that mean it is dealership accessible, or does it mean you had a new switch modified?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #22 of 22 Old 12-07-2018, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Here is an update. I recieved the "new switch" from Jeep Speed Shop. I installed it, and it didn't work. I notified JSS it disnt work, he said he would test the switches and get back to me. As of this date today, all I have is he is working on it.

Hopefully I will get something in the mail soon...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode