2015 Rubicon LS3 swap - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ALASHA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Question 2015 Rubicon LS3 swap

Hi, Im right in the middle of having a 6.2L LS3 out of a 2013 Camaro SS swapped into my 2015 Rubicon Unlimited. We are using a Rpm Extreme PREMIUM JEEP JK LS CONVERSION KIT 12+.
My question is: I was told I cant use my stock Rubicon transfer case and that I will need to replace it with a regular jeep transfer case. Then I was told there is adapters out there that will allow me to use my Rubicon transfer case. Does anyone know which of these statements are true?
I am not that smart when it comes to all this so forgive me for my non motor head lingo lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 07:42 AM
JKO Addict!

JSS makes an output shaft for the 6L80 that necks down to fit the rubi case. They are the only one and it never really caught on. Probably because it introduces a weak point into the driver train...
Sirdaddio likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Can you lend any additional input, Is it a bad thing to loose the Rubicon transfer and go with a standard transfer case?
Thanks for your reply btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 08:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Plenty of people run non rubi cases on their LS swaps. You lose the lower low range ratio. The rubi has 4:1 and the non rubi has something like 2.72:1 but you get a much higher first gear in the 6l80 so it can compensate. You will have to look at your tire size, gear ratio and then think about the final crawl ratio you want to be at in low gear. If the non rubi case isnt low enough, then consider an Atlas case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 10:20 AM
Rock God

I have a LS-3 , 6L80E swapped Rubicon , you really don't want the Rubi T Case . It's not necessary and Alasha is right it's just a little weaker setup .

The new trans will have approximately the same 1st gear as the low range of the Rubi Case , I have only shifted my transfer case into low range once since the swap , it was too low for the power and the trans and went through the 6 gears quick .

Everything that I had to do in low range before is now done in 4 Hi , pretty much 4.1 to 1 first gear anyway .

The 231 is fine don't worry you'll be happy believe me .
post #6 of 6 Old 04-23-2018, 04:54 PM
Granite Guru

You will eventually get over the fact that you bought a Rubicon and the only thing left of it is stickers.... ask me how I know

As others have said, you won’t miss the 4:1 t-case and reality is that it could probably get you in to trouble in 1st gear / 4 low with that deep crawl ratio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode