Interest in a 2.8 diesel and 6 speed stick shift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-14-2017, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Interest in a 2.8 diesel and 6 speed stick shift

Hey guys, just throwing the idea out there.
Even though the Cummins swap is coming online, is there any interest in swapping in a 2011 4cyl 2.8 turbo job fitted with a factory 6 speed stick shift Australian delivered version.

A good mate of mine purchased a damaged ( front axle and mount damage only) JKU CRD for dismantling and I suggested that the idea of selling the combo to include all items required to convert a gas unit over to diesel, would surely be of interest to some Stateside fella's.

This particular unit has around 135000 kilometres on it. That's 84000 miles for you guys that don't have a friendly Canadian to convert for you.

This would include everything that you'd expect from a front cut, minus items like panels, fan ( same as 3.8), lights, crap like that.

Also included would be fuel system, tank, lines etc etc and any item deemed diesel only.

This wouldn't be a weekend swap as the diesel is a tight fit and you guys being south paws would mean some fabbing up but.....

Now you are thinking, what good is this when it's on the other side of the damn world??

How about this deal landed in either North Carolina or Oregon??

Let me know what think??

Rod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-14-2017, 06:03 AM
JKO Addict!

I doubt you could do it in Oregon or any place that has smog. The cummins 2.8 turn key DIY is right around $12k for a new crate motor of course your transmission may change that amount.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-14-2017, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
I doubt you could do it in Oregon or any place that has smog. The cummins 2.8 turn key DIY is right around $12k for a new crate motor of course your transmission may change that amount.
Dirtman, Oregon was mentioned as it's a shipping port that can be used to get this package into the US. I suppose where this engine cannot be used, it is the same as the Cummins deal.

The difference in deals are, with the Cummins, you only get the engine, this sucker comes with everything to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-14-2017, 12:32 PM
JKO Addict!

The cummins comes with computer, wire harness, accelerator pedal basically everything but transmission and adapters for the DYI.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #5 of 5 Old 11-15-2017, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
The cummins comes with computer, wire harness, accelerator pedal basically everything but transmission and adapters for the DYI.
Thanks for clarifying the Cummins deal. The thread is to gauge if there is any interest for you Stateside guys. No skin off my nose if no one is interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode