LSA in JK Build thread REV 2.0 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

LSA in JK Build thread REV 2.0

Okay everyone after getting way off the original build thread and now that we are just a couple of days from seeing major progress from Motech its time for this to resurface complete this time!

Starting out with a 2011 JKU with 4'' lift and 37's, Hemi here it is when we dropped it off on June 1st 2013

The main part of this build the supercharged GM 6.2 LSA- and dyno chart before it was pulled out of the car: Transmission is 6L90E

Transfer case will be an Atlas 2 with 3.0:1 gearing, hardened gears, and 300M shafts, with JK electronics and 1350 flanges

Tires and wheels:

40'' nitto trail grapplers and 17x10 raceline monster beadlock wheels

As it stands right now the front axle will be a spidertrax chromoly housing with a Hi9 third member with SSBC brakes
4.88 gears, ARB air lockers, 14'' rotors 8x6.5'' lug pattern

Hood: TOTL

Last edited by bluewave; 09-21-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Axles gone, winch pulled, tires and wheels are gone, rear bumper is gone. Build will get in to high gear Monday and Tuesday

steering sector shaft brace:

steering:

howe steering gear box
psc- 8'' ram or howe 2''x8'' ram

New license plates are here:

post #3 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Rock God

Awesome!!
What's the motor out of? TypeV?

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopher View Post
Awesome!!
What's the motor out of? TypeV?

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Redline edition car with 7k miles on it
post #5 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Wheeler

Man oh man this thing is going to be CRAZY!!

'13 JK 6-spd | Rock Krawler | Bilstein | EVO | Teraflex | SOLID | Goodyear | AEV | Welding, lots of welding
post #6 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Granite Guru

I can't wait to see this! You sir are going to have the jeep that I dream about sleeping.
post #7 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Granite Guru

This is going to be one of the best JKs around. :thumbup:

Don't forget the Cadillac steering wheel. Your Jeep is in great hands with Mo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #8 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaveaz View Post
This is going to be one of the best JKs around. :thumbup:

Don't forget the Cadillac steering wheel. Your Jeep is in great hands with Mo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
hey now gotta save something for later!
Attached Images

Texas Complete Truck Center
5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 1194 Old 09-21-2013, 11:48 PM

Those MetalCloak shocks are pretty interesting. It would be cool to see them on this ring, if for no other reason than to get more of them out there to see how they hold up in the real world. The concept is awesome, just not many people running them yet.
Totally digging the powertrain, start to finish. Hard to go wrong with that kind of extensively-engineered drivetrain, and I'm pretty interested to see how things go with the integration. Pretty much any of the modern drivetrains are a win, but I've got a soft spot for GM's continued modularity and ease of use-- for the most part, anyway. That's gonna rock in there.
As for the axles, well, we've been over that before-- I think a toxic combination of mistaken expectations all around, and a "Cool Hand Luke"-style communication failure led to a bad impression. I think once they're in, and part of this bitchin' Jeep, we're all going to be happy.
The sliders.. not the burliest slider out there, but a very solid slider with a retractable step-- and made in Utah, as well. Steven's already said this rig is not going to be beaten to death, so I think this is a solid choice.

Looking forward to seeing this thing finished.

Last edited by tacoma73; 09-22-2013 at 11:08 AM.
post #10 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
Someone couldn't handle the power!!

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
post #11 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 07:28 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Redline, as in Redline Motorsports?

OVERLAND PERFORMANCE
MOTECH GEN IV LS Conversion Kit Manufacturing and Sales

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #12 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yes sir, they had that stitched in the seats and stuff on the motor. I figured it was a factory thing till I started researching it back in June when I was forced to buy a 2nd motor

5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

post #13 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Wheeler

I for one can't wait.
post #14 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

You should be good to this week Mr Jimmy.

5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

post #15 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Wheeler

Talking

Quote:
You should be good to this week Mr Jimmy.
I am happy regardless. I am sure it will take them a couple of days to get it packaged up. I also want to say thanks for the help with the other item.

Now I have to get ready to do the swap. Thanks till now it's just been something that was coming. Now it's going to be sitting here.

post #16 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Rock God

Glad to see this going in the right direction again. Man Bluewave I just sit here and read this and can only dream. I can not wait to see your JK when it is done. I do hope to be able to put an LS in mine some day until then please continue and I will continue to dream thru your build.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e with a diy kit from RpmExtreme, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Eagle Offroad Alloys 18"x10"
post #17 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Rock God

Looking good!

2009 Deep Water Blue Wrangler Unlimited X
37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on KMC Machetes
Synergy 3" Coils/Rancho 9000XL Shocks
Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
Front/Rear ARB Air lockers
post #18 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Rock God

Wow, everything appears to b going so smoothly. Glad you deleted the other more truthful thread.
post #19 of 1194 Old 09-22-2013, 09:19 PM
JKowners Vendor

I thought the other thread was straying from reality. When I met with Steve earlier this year this build was for a engine swap only; like so many of our other swaps the build grew. Axles, bumpers, rails, etc., got added.

Installing the LSA will present challenges since it is new for us and very different than the truck/suv engines we normally use. A swap with the truck/suv engine takes two to three weeks. Parts are on the shelf, programming is ready to go and we have done so many it is routine.

Most of you know we now support the LS3 Camaro/Vette engines; they required a new accessory drive, software and intake. It took a few months to gear up for them but now we are doing three more.

The CTV is a different ballgame, it uses an E67 controller, 6l90 transmission, the intake is on the opposite side and more. Steve and I agreed this build would take time, a lot of time, maybe into next year. The end result however should be one of the coolest JK's ever.

I say challenges because they are not problems, its pretty straightforward and complex at the same time but given the time for R & D it all works out. Once we determine a new circuit is needed it can take 3 weeks to a month to design, build and test it.

When we do a swap we want it to be as OE as possible, everything must work and appear stock. It's easy to throw an engine in there and get it to run in a stand alone mode, but that's not our way. A/C, cruise control, dash gauges must work like stock.

I'll post updates throughout the build but here's a few items on the list to get this thing going.

New E67 ECM and harness. Good news is we can use the stock 2-3 bar tune. GM uses a MAF for actual airflow calculations and a true 2-3 bar OS. This makes our job a lot easier. Many of you know the results when trying to add a supercharger on a 1 bar OS running speed density using calculated airflow, drivability suffers.

So we now need to learn the new ECM and BCM. The BCM is very important in the install, it controls many things like tap shift, power modes, cruise control and more. Wiring is very specific and one wire out of place and things don't work. Switch resistor values are different and must be tested and programmed into our software.

The Supercharger uses a water to air intercooler which is closed loop. We will install a separate water pump for the intercooler as well as the control for it.

We will most likely use a feedback fuel supply system. This includes a variable speed fuel pump, fuel pump control module and fuel rail pressure sensor. We must change the JK fuel module out and install the high performance module while keeping the fuel sending unit intact.

The air intake comes out the driver side so we will layout the engine components differently to accommodate.

There are many small things like the BPP, brake pedal position sensor. The CTV uses a powered 3 wire BPP. The OS uses it to determine brake pedal position from off to 100 percent. It is used for engine performance control. Engine compression braking and transmission shifting can change based on BPP. If the BPP is not installed the engine will go into one of many reduced power modes and we want all 600 hp.

So this will take time, the second one will be a breeze. Hopefully if you understand the complexity of the build and the high standards we set you will understand why it is not a quick build.

In the end it will be awesome. I give Steve credit for his vision and tenacity with this build. A lot of guys have talked about doing it but Steve is actually doing it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #20 of 1194 Old 09-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Granite Guru

Looking forward to following this!

Thanks,
Bill
post #21 of 1194 Old 09-23-2013, 02:38 PM
JKowners Vendor

Welds look better in real life. They look like they can take some serious HP, spindles are massive.

Attached Images

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #22 of 1194 Old 09-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Did Pupper "bless" the new axles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #23 of 1194 Old 09-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Wheeler

Talking

Nice! looking forward to seeing it rolling
post #24 of 1194 Old 09-23-2013, 05:38 PM
JKowners Vendor

I like the filler cap, no tools required.
They look beefy compared to the JK.

Attached Images

MoTech
725-502-8507

post #25 of 1194 Old 09-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoTech View Post
I like the filler cap, no tools required.
They look beefy compared to the JK.

Great idea on the cap! Is that the final axle finish though...where's the powdercoat? I thought this was a show vehicle.

Last edited by Vince1; 09-23-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode