Moisture Inside Delta Quad Bars - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Moisture Inside Delta Quad Bars

There has been a lot of rain the past few days here and I noticed moisture inside the housings of my Delta replacement headlights. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I assume they are supposed to be sealed units. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 AM
TrailDuty.com

They are not sealed they use a replaceable H4 bulb, make sure the bulb fittings installed correctly. Many lamps also have a breather hole, so it could just be condensation.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 09:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i should really do more research befor spending money lol i just put mine in last night grrrrrrr

www.jeepasylum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
They are not sealed they use a replaceable H4 bulb, make sure the bulb fittings installed correctly. Many lamps also have a breather hole, so it could just be condensation.
I know they are not sealed but having a replaceable bulb is no excuse for a leaking assembly. Moisture inside the housings can lead to faster bulb failure and corrosion of the reflector.
post #5 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 04:51 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
I know they are not sealed but having a replaceable bulb is no excuse for a leaking assembly. Moisture inside the housings can lead to faster bulb failure and corrosion of the reflector.
I agree. Sometimes I have seen a little condensation, which I'd be okay with, but if it's got water in, then something is not right.
post #6 of 14 Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
I agree. Sometimes I have seen a little condensation, which I'd be okay with, but if it's got water in, then something is not right.
Unfortunately, that's where I am at now. Two days later and there is a little pool of water at the bottom of my lenses. This is extrememly frustrating considering these are supposed to be an "upgrade" over the OEM lamps.
post #7 of 14 Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Unfortunately, that's where I am at now. Two days later and there is a little pool of water at the bottom of my lenses. This is extrememly frustrating considering these are supposed to be an "upgrade" over the OEM lamps.
yes i also have the same problem with mine. i can see the moisture and dirt on the bottom of the light, i am also worried about long term damage to the reflector. i recently got the quad bar. i also have the delta sky bar and it has been on for aprx 5 mo and it has started to rust so i contacted them and got a fantastic response from them, so i will wait until i get the new sky bar back then i will hit them with the quad bar issue

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-17-2009, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
yes i also have the same problem with mine. i can see the moisture and dirt on the bottom of the light, i am also worried about long term damage to the reflector. i recently got the quad bar. i also have the delta sky bar and it has been on for aprx 5 mo and it has started to rust so i contacted them and got a fantastic response from them, so i will wait until i get the new sky bar back then i will hit them with the quad bar issue
I'll give them a call next week and see what they say about my headlights. Good luck with the sky bar. It's a really cool product but a little too expensive for me at the moment.
post #9 of 14 Old 06-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I'll give them a call next week and see what they say about my headlights. Good luck with the sky bar. It's a really cool product but a little too expensive for me at the moment.
did you talk to anyone about the moisture in the lights?

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
did you talk to anyone about the moisture in the lights?
Not yet. I got busy at work and forgot about it.
post #11 of 14 Old 06-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Not yet. I got busy at work and forgot about it.
ok can you post when you find out anything thanks

post #12 of 14 Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
ok can you post when you find out anything thanks
Will do
post #13 of 14 Old 07-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Granite Guru

did they ever get back to you

post #14 of 14 Old 07-15-2009, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
did they ever get back to you
I never even got a hold of them. Too busy with work and too late when I get off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode