Moisture Inside Delta Quad Bars - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews
Moisture Inside Delta Quad Bars

There has been a lot of rain the past few days here and I noticed moisture inside the housings of my Delta replacement headlights. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I assume they are supposed to be sealed units. Thanks for your input.
atmotocrosser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 08:49 AM
TrailDuty.com
 
PhilD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,205
Feedback: 5 reviews

They are not sealed they use a replaceable H4 bulb, make sure the bulb fittings installed correctly. Many lamps also have a breather hole, so it could just be condensation.
PhilD is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 09:06 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Dr.Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hesperia Ca
Posts: 8,653
Garage
Feedback: 21 reviews

i should really do more research befor spending money lol i just put mine in last night grrrrrrr

www.jeepasylum.com
Dr.Dirty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
They are not sealed they use a replaceable H4 bulb, make sure the bulb fittings installed correctly. Many lamps also have a breather hole, so it could just be condensation.
I know they are not sealed but having a replaceable bulb is no excuse for a leaking assembly. Moisture inside the housings can lead to faster bulb failure and corrosion of the reflector.
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 04-29-2009, 04:51 PM
TrailDuty.com
 
PhilD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,205
Feedback: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
I know they are not sealed but having a replaceable bulb is no excuse for a leaking assembly. Moisture inside the housings can lead to faster bulb failure and corrosion of the reflector.
I agree. Sometimes I have seen a little condensation, which I'd be okay with, but if it's got water in, then something is not right.
PhilD is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
I agree. Sometimes I have seen a little condensation, which I'd be okay with, but if it's got water in, then something is not right.
Unfortunately, that's where I am at now. Two days later and there is a little pool of water at the bottom of my lenses. This is extrememly frustrating considering these are supposed to be an "upgrade" over the OEM lamps.
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Granite Guru
 
J.PIRY@COMCAST.NET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MOKENA ILL
Posts: 155
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
Unfortunately, that's where I am at now. Two days later and there is a little pool of water at the bottom of my lenses. This is extrememly frustrating considering these are supposed to be an "upgrade" over the OEM lamps.
yes i also have the same problem with mine. i can see the moisture and dirt on the bottom of the light, i am also worried about long term damage to the reflector. i recently got the quad bar. i also have the delta sky bar and it has been on for aprx 5 mo and it has started to rust so i contacted them and got a fantastic response from them, so i will wait until i get the new sky bar back then i will hit them with the quad bar issue

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-17-2009, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
yes i also have the same problem with mine. i can see the moisture and dirt on the bottom of the light, i am also worried about long term damage to the reflector. i recently got the quad bar. i also have the delta sky bar and it has been on for aprx 5 mo and it has started to rust so i contacted them and got a fantastic response from them, so i will wait until i get the new sky bar back then i will hit them with the quad bar issue
I'll give them a call next week and see what they say about my headlights. Good luck with the sky bar. It's a really cool product but a little too expensive for me at the moment.
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 06-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Granite Guru
 
J.PIRY@COMCAST.NET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MOKENA ILL
Posts: 155
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
I'll give them a call next week and see what they say about my headlights. Good luck with the sky bar. It's a really cool product but a little too expensive for me at the moment.
did you talk to anyone about the moisture in the lights?

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
did you talk to anyone about the moisture in the lights?
Not yet. I got busy at work and forgot about it.
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 06-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Granite Guru
 
J.PIRY@COMCAST.NET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MOKENA ILL
Posts: 155
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
Not yet. I got busy at work and forgot about it.
ok can you post when you find out anything thanks

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 14 Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
ok can you post when you find out anything thanks
Will do
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 07-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Granite Guru
 
J.PIRY@COMCAST.NET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MOKENA ILL
Posts: 155
Feedback: 0 reviews

did they ever get back to you

07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" RC SPRING LIFT/HYDRO SHOCKS/1"M.O.R.E BL/1" front leveling pucks/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75/HIGH LIFT/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 14 Old 07-15-2009, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
did they ever get back to you
I never even got a hold of them. Too busy with work and too late when I get off.
atmotocrosser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome