Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Forsyth County, GA
Feedback: 1 reviews
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Don't waste $$$ on Soundbar Speakers
1. It seems that the stock Infiniti amp is OK, but it has a crossover that limits the power and/or frequencies sent to the Soundbar.
2. The stock amp sends acceptable power to the stock subwoofer, but not enough to just plug in a better sub and get any real improvement.
3. To replace the stock sub, you need a dual coil, 2 ohm replacement that is less than 4.5 inches deep.
4. The Soundbar speakers can be replaced with any 6.5" speaker that is equal to or less than 2 3/16" deep (unless you want to keep the stock grilles, which may require more specific choices).
5. The "Nitro" amp upgrade is the easiest way to replace the stock amp and get increased power to the Soundbar and the sub.
If anyone has done this in the past, please post your choice for Amp (if in same location as replaced stock amp), sub (and did it fit in stock enclosure), speakers (and do OEM grilles fit), and how it sounds.
1. What are the dimensions of the stock amp? I would like to purchase an aftermarket amp and put it in the same location.
2. To replace the stock amp, is their any special rig needed to interface with the stock Head Unit? Or, what are the inputs for the stock amp?
3. What are the outputs from the stock amp? Once it is replaced, can the OEM wires be used to feed new Soundbar speakers and a new sub?
4. If you replace the amp, are you still limited to 2 ohm speakers/subs for maximum output? That is, is this a limitation of the HU or the amp?
Sound Bar and Subwoofer