Fusible Link Issue - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Fusible Link Issue

2007 build JKU Sahara 2.8 CRD
While inspecting wiring couple of weeks back noticed one of the blue wires coming from the positive conection on the battery was poking through plastic cover & there was approx 2" of missing wire in the length. Since found out this is a fusile link, to where & to what I haven't a clue.
Checked for any codes using the ingnition but all reports fine.
Only electrical issues I've had was 3 years ago when corrosion problem in the headlight took out the fuse.
Could it have happened then and the service guy didn't notice ?
Only other possible cause for a large draw on the power could be during some recent floods @ the end of June, I was wading up to the the bottom of the doors & possibly shorted something out in the water ???
Have had a couple of no starts 3 weeks ago, but could be due to the Wireless Control Module but starting has been OK since (Fingers crossed)
Picture you see of the battery is post Service Manager sticking a temp. 15amp fuse in line which has broken.
I would have thought the fusible link would be rated a lot higher than that.
Was wondering if I had a dodgy ground wire somewhere but dont know where to check.
Any suggestions

Thanks Name:  IMG_0881.JPG
Views: 2858
Size:  180.5 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Granite Guru

I believe before you go any further you need to identify what the blue wire goes to. This way you know where to check for problems. And, from my experience, when you have a fusible link wire that has burned out you have to replace the entire wire.

2011 Sahara Tan Rubicon 6 Speed
TR HD17 Beadlocks, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 34x10.50R17, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, and more to come...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode