Cleaned up the wiring - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Cleaned up the wiring

Cleaning up the wiring
So I finally got around to cleaning up all the wiring under the hood. With the led light bar, rear facing duallys, rock lights, and CB there was just way too much clutter for my taste. To clean it up, I decided to put a distribution block on the driver side where the pass through is.
Here is the battery after the install. Much cleaner than before.

Second pic is a front shot. You can see the wiring conduit running zip tied to the factory one. It has the + and - for the power dist block and the rock light wires for the passenger side.

The third picture is a shot of the power distribution block. It has 8 gauge wires running to the battery. Both connectors are crimped and soldered in. All that is left to do is to label everything. Notice that there is a fuse for each accessory. This allowed me to remove the in-line fuses from the lights.

Last pic is a shot of the box and the passthrough. You can see how much cleaner everything is. It was very easy to cut all the wire to a managable length.

The install took about 2 hours. Most of that was pulling wire, cleaning up, and planning out the cleanest run. I will eventually put a plastic base down to attach the box to (rather than just the 2 zip ties you see). When I do that I will probably also put a rubber wrap on it to keep it from getting wet from splash. Just thought I would share this weekend's project.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-11-2012, 06:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks real nice. Any relays in the plans? Sounds like what you have running now are low draw LEDs.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-11-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

No plan for a relay at this time. Everything is pretty low draw. Biggest draw is the 50" light bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode