Who Makes this Stubby Antenna? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-01-2012, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Who Makes this Stubby Antenna?

Does anyone know who makes this stubby radio antenna?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343827829.382618.jpg
Views: 3379
Size:  33.4 KB

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Granite Guru

That one looks like it might be painted to match the decal, or graphics scheme, but I think it might be this antenna.

http://www.amazon.com/Stubby-Antenna...stubby+antenna
post #3 of 23 Old 08-08-2012, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yup! Looks like it is. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Dang, that's cool!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 23 Old 08-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Wheeler

I ordered one that should be here next week so I will test it out and let you know what I think then.
post #6 of 23 Old 08-10-2012, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I am gonna be interested to see how you like it. I was considering putting it on my rig, but I ended up going the route of an invisible AM/FM antenna behind the dash and sealing up my factor antenna mount hole.

Post pics when you've got it installed!

post #7 of 23 Old 08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch23 View Post
I ordered one that should be here next week so I will test it out and let you know what I think then.
anything shorter than 13 inches and reception is greatly reduced. that is why we dont sell anything shorter than 13 inches
post #8 of 23 Old 08-22-2012, 05:56 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch23 View Post
Any luck with it?

Buy *made in
. . .. While you still can.
post #9 of 23 Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM

Antenna

Hi mitch23,

How's the performance of the device? Have you tried testing it?

post #10 of 23 Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Rock God

I love all the negative reviews on that Amazon link because of poor reception. You are basically eliminating your antenna and people still think it will work like stock! Amazing.

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #11 of 23 Old 11-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Wheeler

Some of the same people also claim that their Satellite reception wasn't affected by the short antenna, just to give you an indication of the intelligence of those people complaining.
post #12 of 23 Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiMatador View Post
Some of the same people also claim that their Satellite reception wasn't affected by the short antenna, just to give you an indication of the intelligence of those people complaining.
What satellite would be affected by that? The SIRIUS satellite antenna is up above the sound bar...

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #13 of 23 Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Intelligence? You better check in with yours. My satellite antenna is in the dash! If you have yours connected to the one on the fender that would explain any reception issues you may be experiencing......as well as the intelligence thing you mentioned.
post #14 of 23 Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Rock God

EX-Jersey
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
post #15 of 23 Old 11-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
What satellite would be affected by that? The SIRIUS satellite antenna is up above the sound bar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-Paul View Post
Intelligence? You better check in with yours. My satellite antenna is in the dash! If you have yours connected to the one on the fender that would explain any reception issues you may be experiencing......as well as the intelligence thing you mentioned.
I think that is exactly what he is saying.... that the people on amazon are stupid because they think their satellite antenna is the same as the am/fm antenna.

2011 JKU Rubicon
PSC Evap Skid
PSC Diff Covers
Dynomax Rock Crawler exhaust
ACE Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex W/ Bilstein 5100's
35" Nitto Trail Grappler's
post #16 of 23 Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19T View Post
I think that is exactly what he is saying.... that the people on amazon are stupid because they think their satellite antenna is the same as the am/fm antenna.
Quote:

Here's my interpretation of that:

"Some of the people on Amazon are claiming that their satellite reception was not affected by the short antenna. Idiots."

Well, the people on Amazon are right then..it would not be affected by the short antenna.

If he said:

"Some people on Amazon are claiming that their satellite reception was affected by the short antenna."

...Then the people on amazon wouldn't be very smart when it comes to antennas. Not that it really matters, but since we're still rollin' with it...

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #17 of 23 Old 11-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Rock God

I'm pretty sure he was saying they were being idiots for claiming in a review of the antenna that it worked well BECAUSE it did not make them lose satellite reception. In other words they were saying how good it was when in reality it had nothing to do with satellite reception.

Don't be so quick to crucify someone...especially a new guy with 6 posts.

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #18 of 23 Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19T View Post
^^This was my interpretation....

Chuck
2009 JK Unlimited X, mostly stock with a K&N filter.
post #19 of 23 Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-Paul View Post
Actually, unless it changed in '12, the antenna for Sirius satellite radio is located above the soundbar where it ties into the passenger-side cage.

The satellite antenna in dash over the radio stack is for your GPS/NAV unit.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #20 of 23 Old 11-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Here's my interpretation of that:

"Some of the people on Amazon are claiming that their satellite reception was not affected by the short antenna. Idiots."

Well, the people on Amazon are right then..it would not be affected by the short antenna.

If he said:

"Some people on Amazon are claiming that their satellite reception was affected by the short antenna."

...Then the people on amazon wouldn't be very smart when it comes to antennas. Not that it really matters, but since we're still rollin' with it...
I still don't get it. Can you graph that out for me?

I'm a JKO Reject
post #21 of 23 Old 12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
Actually, unless it changed in '12, the antenna for Sirius satellite radio is located above the soundbar where it ties into the passenger-side cage.

The satellite antenna in dash over the radio stack is for your GPS/NAV unit.
Mostly correct. For 07-10, the sat antenna is in the sound bar location and the Nav antenna in the radio stack. For 11-13 the sat and Nav are combined into one antenna which is located in the roll bar spot. There is also only 1 cable now as well.
post #22 of 23 Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Wheeler

it is kinda funny how most people think the stock am/fm antenna also is used for sat radio. I always tell people that sat radio uses a separate antenna whan someone asks questions about our short antennas.
post #23 of 23 Old 12-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Wheeler

So... basically it doesn't matter what the heck we do, as long as we have an AM/FM antenna that's long enough to catch the bandwith of AM/FM stations (simple math).
And... don't mess with the Sat/GPS antenna that for me; are over the sound bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode