Lockpick Barcam question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Lockpick Barcam question

I just installed a lockpick in my '10 sahara. The lock pick works fine but i am having problems with the camera. The camera has two RCA style plugs on the lockpick end - the yellow one goes right to the designated wire for the camera. where does the black one go? i didnt see an end...
my other question is does anyone have some suggestions on fabbing up a mounting bracket to mount the camera? It doesnt really work with our stock license plate set up and I'd prefer it to be centered anyway. I cant return it cuz i bought it off another jeeper.

BAREFOOT. The "REAL" way to drive a Jeep!!

*******KEEP CALM & CHIVE ON!!!*******
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Spartan View Post
I just installed a lockpick in my '10 sahara. The lock pick works fine but i am having problems with the camera. The camera has two RCA style plugs on the lockpick end - the yellow one goes right to the designated wire for the camera. where does the black one go? i didnt see an end...
my other question is does anyone have some suggestions on fabbing up a mounting bracket to mount the camera? It doesnt really work with our stock license plate set up and I'd prefer it to be centered anyway. I cant return it cuz i bought it off another jeeper.
I installed this in my 08 Sahara and it works great. The black wire from the camera, goes to the black wire in the lockpick harness, this is ground. For my camera, I just drilled holes in the bumper and mounted direct, below the plate, centered on the bumper
post #3 of 4 Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah I figured out the wiring last night. I was actually considering doing the same set up, going straight thru the bumper. Hired it work for your visibility being down low like that?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

BAREFOOT. The "REAL" way to drive a Jeep!!

*******KEEP CALM & CHIVE ON!!!*******
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Granite Guru

I like the visability it offers. I have a 4" lift and 35" tires, so having it low lets me see if there is anything low, close to the bumper, say a kids bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode