AEV Procal issues - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Exclamation AEV Procal issues

I have searched and havent found anything.

I am in the middle of "tuning" my Jeep and I am now locked out. I was setting the Engine Function - Set Pedal and now it doesn't take the pedal setting nor will it go back to stock. My vehicle starts but the gas pedal doesn't function, 07 JK Unlimited Sahara. It flashes the code of 4/2 and AEV as well as most of their dealers are closed on the weekend.

I'm hoping someone here can help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-07-2012, 11:01 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

When I first got the ProCal I didn't follow the steps perfectly and lost my speedo and got the MIL. Go to AEV's site and browse to the forum. The engineer who designed the ProCal has some stickies up there that may help. You have to follow the sequences to a tee or you'll have weird glitches like this.

Have you tried to disconnect the battery and cycle tnrough the ignition three times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 07-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.
post #3 of 23 Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Rock God

Try resetting it with the reset function (with the switches), then unplug your battery for 10-15 mins.

I haven't had any problems but I haven't tried that pedal set function. I thought that was HEMI or LS swap only.

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

1983 CJ7 LAREDO, AMC 360, 5" lift, 33's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 07-07-2012, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
When I first got the ProCal I didn't follow the steps perfectly and lost my speedo and got the MIL. Go to AEV's site and browse to the forum. The engineer who designed the ProCal has some stickies up there that may help. You have to follow the sequences to a tee or you'll have weird glitches like this.

Have you tried to disconnect the battery and cycle tnrough the ignition three times?
I just tried the battery trick and it didnt help. I will try their forum. Any other ideas?
post #5 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post

I am in the exact same boat as BradW.....my 2011 Wrangler has been sitting in limbo since Friday morning.
JKCTAZ...can you please copy & paste the website for the stickies from the AEV site??? I could not find anything on the site......
PLEASE!!!

Thank You!!!
post #6 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Nothing has worked. I have tried to reset my ECU by unplugging the battery and clearing the system with the Procal but its like the Procal is locked. No matter what I do it flashes the 4/2 code and the horn doesn't sound.

Anyone have any further advice?
post #7 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Rock God

I don't want to be a dick but why are y'all trying to re-program your pedals? Are you in the middle of an engine ECU swap? Or just goofing around with the ProCal?
The instructions don't say anything about it working without actually needing it.
Maybe call AEV tomorrow morning or tow it to a dealer and get it reflashed.

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CeeeJaySeven+JKU; 07-08-2012 at 01:20 PM.
post #8 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeeJaySeven+JKU View Post
I don't want to be a dick but why are y'all trying to re-program your pedals? Are you in the middle of an engine ECU swap? Or just goofing around with the ProCal?
The instructions don't say anything about it working without actually needing it.
Maybe call AEV tomorrow morning or tow it to a dealer and get it red lashed.
In the instructions that I have it doesn't state when to and when not to set the pedal. I was simply trying to be thorough. That said, if you don't have constructive input to this post, keep it to yourself.
post #9 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Maybe call AEV tomorrow morning or tow it to a dealer and get it reflashed.
Yeah thanks CeeeJay, I'm glad your stated you werent trying to be a dick!
Thanks for rubbing salt in the wounds!!! I hope you get stuck one day & a fellow jeeper snubs you reall good!
post #10 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Rock God

Damn. Y'all are kinda sensitive. At least I can take my jeep to get it stuck somewhere other than my driveway!
My gas pedal works just fine.

Big B.

post #11 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Damn. Y'all are kinda sensitive. At least I can take my jeep to get it stuck somewhere other than my driveway!
Great guy here!
I'm glad we have such good people to rely on for info.
post #12 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 03:31 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Try this....disconnect your battery, set your ProCal to reset mode and plug into the OBD port. Plug the battery back in and follow the sequence...see if that helps!

A 4/2 code means: The ProCal has encountered an unexpected error while determining the vehicle type and equipment. Make sure the vehicle’s ignition is ON and the vehicle is in a working state. Contact AEV if problem persists.

AEV ProCal Page

AEV Recalibration Page

U.S. Army
post #13 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGuele View Post
Great guy here!
I'm glad we have such good people to rely on for info.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were okay on your 2nd post. There are a ton of great people here that will help if they can. Don't let my last couple of posts give you a bad impression of this forum. I may not have been helping before but my last comment only came as a joke due to you wishing I get stuck and snubbed. That shit wasn't cool.

Big B.

post #14 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
That's hilarious! I'm not sensitive, just pissed that I obviously did something wrong and AEV isn't open on the weekend so I have to wait until tomorrow for tech support.
post #15 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROCK View Post
Try this....disconnect your battery, set your ProCal to reset mode and plug into the OBD port. Plug the battery back in and follow the sequence...see if that helps!

A 4/2 code means: The ProCal has encountered an unexpected error while determining the vehicle type and equipment. Make sure the vehicle’s ignition is ON and the vehicle is in a working state. Contact AEV if problem persists.

AEV ProCal Page

AEV Recalibration Page

i tried it. its a no go.
post #16 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 05:04 PM

have you tried the key trick to see what error code comes up on the dash...on the odometer reading? Put your key in, push in and turn back and forth 3 times without turning it over and you will see the odometer start flashing all flat bars then will pop up the error code. Something like that.

U.S. Army
post #17 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXROCK View Post
have you tried the key trick to see what error code comes up on the dash...on the odometer reading? Put your key in, push in and turn back and forth 3 times without turning it over and you will see the odometer start flashing all flat bars then will pop up the error code. Something like that.
Yep, doesn't throw a code. Only the ProCal code.
post #18 of 23 Old 07-08-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradw3451 View Post
Yep, doesn't throw a code. Only the ProCal code.
hmmmm....try disconnecting the battery then disconnect the ECM cable on the driver side. Let it sit for a while then go back and try to restart with the ProCal in a reset state. If that doesn't work try to set a "setting" on it for the tire size just to see if it's being "glitchy".

U.S. Army
post #19 of 23 Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

It ended up being a bad ProCal so they're next day airing one to me.

Thanks for everyone's help!
post #20 of 23 Old 07-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Rock God

Cool, glad to hear you got it resolved. And sounds like good service from AEV.

Big B.

post #21 of 23 Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Cool, glad to hear you got it resolved. And sounds like good service from AEV.
I would have to agree with you. I ended up speaking with one of their engineers over there and not only did he send out a new ProCal via Next Day Air but he is going to refund the cost of it once I send my defective one back and, to make sure I don't mess another one up, he gave me his personal cell phone and asked that I call when calibrating it so he can walk me through me through everything.

Needless to say, I am VERY impressed!
post #22 of 23 Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I would have to agree with you. I ended up speaking with one of their engineers over there and not only did he send out a new ProCal via Next Day Air but he is going to refund the cost of it once I send my defective one back and, to make sure I don't mess another one up, he gave me his personal cell phone and asked that I call when calibrating it so he can walk me through me through everything.

Needless to say, I am VERY impressed!
How did you make out???? Is your JEEP back to 100%???
I am gettting my new procal & cant wait to get my jeep up & throttling again!
post #23 of 23 Old 07-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
In the instructions that I have it doesn't state when to and when not to set the pedal. I was simply trying to be thorough. That said, if you don't have constructive input to this post, keep it to yourself.

he is right though..no offense.....read alll the instructions as well when playing with programmers. doors closed. no power drawing while programming.etc. put playing with the pedal.. hmm.never needed to myself.but each their own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode