Sound system question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-04-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Sound system question

Due to my custome cage in my unlimited, I need to find a new home for the sub. So, here is the question for you experts. Can I get great sound from my sub if its facing the rear? I am thinking I have enough space between the prp suspension seats for the sub but it would need to face the rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. All my speakers are focal, with alpine sub. I'm currently building a custom sound bar for the speakers but now I need a home for the sub

Thanks

Last edited by md_rubi; 07-04-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Granite Guru

Subs in Jeeps actually get the best sound when firing down. Not sure if you have room for that, but if you do the at would be better than rear facing. If it must face the rear, having something solid to "bounce" the sound off within 12"-18" would be better. I'm don't know what your current setup looks like for space availability and placement, so that's the only 2 answers/opinions I can provide right now. Hope it helps some.

Stay Dirty My Friends
post #3 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Wheeler

Stay Dirty is right, you would get the best resonance from facing the subs downward. The jeep is notoriously bad for acoustics, and bouncing it off the floor is just about the only way to get the subs to sound best.

Is there a way you can mount the box under the seats in the back? If you can't get the sub box large enough for the required air space, you can stuff it (loosely) with poly fill and it will trick the sub into thinking it is a bigger box.

Hope this helps, and let us know what you end up doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode