2012 JK CB and Antenna Mounting - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-22-2012, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

2012 JK CB and Antenna Mounting

Here are the CB and antenna mounts I made this weekend. Figured I'd toss a thread up for people looking for mounting options. Everything is covered in Rustoleum bedliner.

The last 5 vehicles or so I've kind of adopted a no drill policy for mounting the CB. Here's the 1/8" x 1 1/4" bracket I built from scrap I had laying around. The area behind the CB itself and where the bracket makes its 90* bend at the console have large commercial Velcro strips attached to them. The Velcro works great for preventing any wiggling/rattling from the CB being against the console. (Also keeps the console from getting scratched for future resale value.)

I popped the lower dash loose just far enough to get my chubby fingers in and unplug the power point. I spliced into that for power.

I'm 6'0" and have no issues with my leg hitting the radio when driving. I fitted the bracket for my wife who is 5'4" to make sure the seat comes forward enough....plus a lil bit.

Pay no attention to the booger tacks! This radio and base bracket have been in 6 other trucks so no sense grinding tack welds now.

This is the antenna mount. 1" scrap bent to contour of gate hinge. Then I used some round tube and capped it. Mounts with the gate hinge bolts. I picked this location so that I could have more antenna exposed than coming off of the spare mount. I also wanted to be able to drive with glass popped. I went against my "no drill" rule by slotting the trim but it's a cheap piece to replace if I ever need to.

Lord, give me patience. I'm afraid that if you give me strength I'll need bail money too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks, man.

Lord, give me patience. I'm afraid that if you give me strength I'll need bail money too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-26-2012, 02:20 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

No drill rule? Man, a Jeep ain't yours until you drill a hole in it!

Just bustin' on ya. Nice looking install. I really like the seat bracket mount. Good job!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

'16 2dr Willys
'15 2dr Sport
post #5 of 5 Old 08-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Granite Guru

I like the way this is mounted.

I will borrow your seat bracket for sure, but may need a different antenna mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode