???? Feniex LED light bars ???? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 05-19-2012, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Question ???? Feniex LED light bars ????

Has anyone heard of, used, or seen Feniex LED light bars. I was looking around and an stumbled on a relatively local retailer; don't know how. Their lights are Made In The USA and come in variable lengths & sizes. Here's the LINK to the company's LED's.

They look pretty good and aren't that expensive. each 4 LED pod is 1200 lumens.

Here's the LINK for the local retailer for pricing reference.

Just curious how they perform.

I DON'T WORK OR SELL THESE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 05-19-2012, 05:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Maybe I'm not seeing what you are seeing, but they appear to be for emergency service use and are designed to be bright to the eye, but not provide much throw. Basically made for flashers and such.

Entirely different than lights for offroad use.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #3 of 28 Old 05-19-2012, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Maybe I'm not seeing what you are seeing, but they appear to be for emergency service use and are designed to be bright to the eye, but not provide much throw. Basically made for flashers and such.

Entirely different than lights for offroad use.
Emergency vehicles use them yes, but they have work lights also. I'm not concerned with red/blue/amber flashers.

If you read the description HERE it states that optics can be set to 35 or 20 degrees. Guess I'll have to call Feniex.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 05-19-2012, 06:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Having used their emergency lights, some of which have alley and take down lights that are probably similar to what you're looking at, I'm not impressed. They work for the environment they were designed for, but would be less than steller for offroad use.

post #5 of 28 Old 05-19-2012, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Cool, thanks for the input. Just trying or fins another US made LED light manufacturer.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #6 of 28 Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 AM
JKO Addict!

I have a similiar light (Whacker Instigator) on my Jeep. No it is not a Rigid.

Yes, the light is very diffused.

Most of my night wheeling is on technical trails. This light works for me. It throws light out the front and to the sides. I can see what's going on around me, not just in front of me. And I don't have to be the first in the line. It won't give the rigs in front of me a sunburn if it's on and I'm behind them.

It cost me just over $300.

Would I rather have a Rigid? Absolutely.

Would I pay $1500 for a Rigid? Never.

Do I get $300 worth of light from my $300 light? yes!!

http://www.emergencycity.com/Instiga...wt-wls48cc.htm

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #7 of 28 Old 05-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisaMent View Post
Cool, thanks for the input. Just trying or fins another US made LED light manufacturer.
Baja Designs is a US made LED manufacturer. Everything other than the actual LED light is made in house in southern California. They are not a cheap LED light, but they are one of the best out there.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #8 of 28 Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
I have a similiar light (Whacker Instigator) on my Jeep. No it is not a Rigid.

Yes, the light is very diffused.

Most of my night wheeling is on technical trails. This light works for me. It throws light out the front and to the sides. I can see what's going on around me, not just in front of me. And I don't have to be the first in the line. It won't give the rigs in front of me a sunburn if it's on and I'm behind them.

It cost me just over $300.

Would I rather have a Rigid? Absolutely.

Would I pay $1500 for a Rigid? Never.

Do I get $300 worth of light from my $300 light? yes!

http://www.emergencycity.com/Instiga...wt-wls48cc.htm
Thanks for the input. I really don't need a lot of sun power, already have 4 IPF's in the front and one out back. That's what I'm looking for, diffuse coverage. Probably didn't make that clear in the OP. Are yours set at a particular angle.

Digging' your shackles, got some orange ones for my rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJon View Post
Baja Designs is a US made LED manufacturer. Everything other than the actual LED light is made in house in southern California. They are not a cheap LED light, but they are one of the best out there.
Yeah man, Bajas are nice, Rigids also...just don't feel like spending that much right now, I've dropped enough money on my mini-van / brickette / JKU / 5000+ pounder. I found the Feniex and they looked great with little expense.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #9 of 28 Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 AM
JKO Addict!

It took a little time to figure out the angle. You can tilt them down for shorter range (and more light) or up a little for slightly more throw (and less light). I have mine set so they light up the edge of the hood and out.

Note: these lights are not 50" (rought 43")so I had to have someone fab up a set of "spacers" to make the light work with the brackets that are currently available.

My old TJ was Electric Lime Green and my son suggested I get the shackles powdercoated green. I did. I carried the "green theme" to the new Jeep and brought them with me. I like them.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #10 of 28 Old 05-25-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisaMent View Post
choose the best LED lights manufacturer. can suggest but you can find or ask other that are more knowledgeable about lights. but LED is best than bulbs.

http://www.niceledlights.com

Last edited by Gloseloth56; 05-28-2012 at 02:41 AM.
post #11 of 28 Old 05-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Rock God

Subscribed!!!!!!

I'm sure I'll think of something
post #12 of 28 Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

On Tuesday I am going to run to the local retailer and see if they have a pair in stock to demonstrate, maybe even buy a 21" set for the top hoop of the front bumper...OR two 4 LED pods to mount behind the the AEV grilles on the outer grille screens of the front bumper. All are cheap compared to other American made LED barsand should wire right into my Painless 7-circuit fuse box.

Will keep y'all posted on this thread.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #13 of 28 Old 06-02-2012, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Didn't make it to the retailer on that day. Will have to wait until I get back from Myrtle Beach early next week to check them out in person @ the retailer.

I've decided, as always to go against the grain of things. If the lights turn out spiffy enough, bright enough, I think I'll be good.

The Python T-4 is a 4-LED polycarbonate bar running 4-watt Philips LUMEON Rebel Gen V LEDs and measuring in @ 0.85" H x 3" L x 0.85" W.
- I've got plans for 3 of these lights, 2 35-degree clear and 1 35-degree amber.

The Python 100 is a 4-LED powdercoated bar running 4-watt Philips LUMEON Rebel Gen V LEDs and measuring in @ 0.95" H x 3.5" L x1.5" W.
- I've got plans for 4 of these all with clear take-down lenses.

The Python 200 is a powdercoated bar consisting of two Python 100's for a total of 8 4-watt LUMEON Rebel Gen V LEDs and measuring in @ 0.95" H x 7" L x1.5" W.
- I've got plans for two of these all with clear take-down lenses.

So here would be the damage, minus wiring (I think) and any switches, resistors, whatever: $630.51 w/tax.

Thinking this is the way to make my Jeep look like a Semi coming down the road.

NOW THAT'S forty-four 4-watt LEDs for under $650, made in the USA...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~

Last edited by DisaMent; 06-02-2012 at 06:24 PM.
post #14 of 28 Old 06-02-2012, 08:30 PM
JKO Addict!

The 100s claim 1200 lumens. The ones I've seen I wasn't impressed with, but the more you talk about these the more I'm curious if these are better than what I saw. For $50ish bucks, it may be worth trying. Damn you! lol

post #15 of 28 Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 PM
JKO Addict!

More googling led me to find Feniex Titan leds. Looks to be the same as the Pythons, but geared towards work use.

Further googling led to a review that said they work pretty well on a Jeep.

So basically what I'm saying is hurry up and order these so we can all see what you think.

post #16 of 28 Old 06-03-2012, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
More googling led me to find Feniex Titan leds. Looks to be the same as the Pythons, but geared towards work use.

Further googling led to a review that said they work pretty well on a Jeep.

So basically what I'm saying is hurry up and order these so we can all see what you think.
I was told that the Titans are pretty much a clear lens Python, or a "take-down" light that police you to blind you. I'll have much. much more info when I get out of the armpit of tourism...that being Myrtle Beach. The shop I spoke with has them powered for display purposes..

The 1200 lumens you saw may have been with a diffused lens..

I'm gonna use mine for deer poachin'.

Actually all will be hidden or protected anyway from any type of trail debris, even another Jeep.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #17 of 28 Old 06-03-2012, 01:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Right on the Feniex website is the specs of the lights.

The Titans are rated at 800 lumens and are geared towards staying lit. The Pythons are brighter, but they keep mentioning flash rates and such. You can get the "take down" optics on them, but it appears the Pythons are geared more towards flashing and such than staying lit like we would use. Probably heat related would be my guess. Still though, for the price, even if you do burn some up you wouldn't be a big expense.

post #18 of 28 Old 06-03-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Right on the Feniex website is the specs of the lights.

The Titans are rated at 800 lumens and are geared towards staying lit. The Pythons are brighter, but they keep mentioning flash rates and such. You can get the "take down" optics on them, but it appears the Pythons are geared more towards flashing and such than staying lit like we would use. Probably heat related would be my guess. Still though, for the price, even if you do burn some up you wouldn't be a big expense.
I will have to review that information. Maybe place a call to Feniex even on Thursday, but 800 lumens ain't cutting it. I'll check...I'mm not buying any other lights before I look at these and I have to get my winch mounted which requires the removal of the bumper as would the install of a couple of the pods I'm looking at.

I'll be tied down with the conference for the next 2-3 days.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #19 of 28 Old 06-04-2012, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Spoke to Feniex today:

Titan 100: 10hr sustained run-time with thermal protection
Python 100: 10hr sustained run-time with thermal protection + 18 flashing patterns
Python T-4: 4hr sustained run-time unsure about thermal protection...

Waiting on spec sheets from Feniex.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #20 of 28 Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Well thats good to know. Thanks for the info.

post #21 of 28 Old 06-22-2012, 02:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Well?

post #22 of 28 Old 09-26-2012, 12:34 PM

Feniex Lights

The Feniex Lights are extrmemly bright and have a GREAT 5 year no hassel warrenty.

edit by Doc, sending you a private message
post #23 of 28 Old 09-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VecTecLightingInc View Post
The Feniex Lights are extrmemly bright and have a GREAT 5 year no hassel warrenty. You can check them out at [REDACTED]

If you have any questions about any of the Feniex Lights dont hesitate to call the office at [REDACTED]

Call and ask about our Off Road Package!! - [REDACTED].
Maybe you should call the Site Admin and ask about the yellow star needed to hawk your shit here.

And I believe the phrase you were looking for was "no hassle warranty". If you're going to sell something in a text based format, spell check is your friend. Otherwise, you'll just look like a dipshit... Twice.

post #24 of 28 Old 09-26-2012, 12:58 PM
JKO Addict!

VecTecLightingInc please check your private messages. We do not mind companies haveing a Rep show up to answer questions and give information but once sales/link to sales/prices/deals/pimping and the like are tossed up we require a yellow star to be purchaced.

Also your bumping a 3 month old thread does not help
post #25 of 28 Old 09-26-2012, 06:50 PM

Heres a hummer H1 with the Feniex lights on it.
http://elightbars.org/f34/hummer-h1-...ighting-24390/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode