i want to clean up my wiring - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
i want to clean up my wiring

so i got all kinda things coming off my battery and i want to clean it up.

i know my amp and winch stuff will have to stay.its the little wires that look bad.

idealy i want a 4-10 gauge wire coming off the post to something then it spreads that power to my accesories in a box or something. i dont want to spend a lot of money. so spod and the like are out of the question.

kinda like this

power in-acc-acc-acc-acc-acc-acc-ground

then i can run the power and the ground wire off that then to the switches.

what do i want to do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 AM
Rock God

Garage

You might look into the marine circuit protection products from Blue Sea:

And several different options from Cooper-Bussmann, such as these:

Cooper has other types and sizes of power distribution centers, so poke around that site for a while and you'll get some good ideas. The linked product is available in a configuration with 3 or 6 relays plus fuses. It is, I believe, the same product used in the black box switch system.

I'm a JKO Reject

Last edited by BumpInTheRoad; 05-14-2012 at 01:42 AM.
post #3 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Rock God

That is what I did. And it works great.

07 JKU, To see my mods & Jeep in Action @

CEO of Black Sheep 4x4s

Member of CCJ, White Jeep Club Member #137.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 04:02 AM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

Save up for an sPod....

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #5 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 04:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yep... Save...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #6 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Rock God

Garage

PM DJstorm. He custom builds them for about half of what an sPOD costs.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #7 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

once you have an spod, get expandable looming sleeves to protect and dress up the wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Dirty Minion for life™.:the finger:
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
The fact that there is some Fag in you should be upsetting to say the least.
post #8 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

awesome. thanks for the links guys ill look into them a bit more.
now i got another question.

post #9 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Rock God

Garage

You may want to check Painless Wiring also for distribution blocks. I have a Painless 7 circuit fuse block running all the lights for now.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #10 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 01:11 PM
VKS Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
You might look into the marine circuit protection products from Blue Sea:

And several different options from Cooper-Bussmann, such as these:

Cooper has other types and sizes of power distribution centers, so poke around that site for a while and you'll get some good ideas. The linked product is available in a configuration with 3 or 6 relays plus fuses. It is, I believe, the same product used in the black box switch system.
Where can you purchase those bussman relay/fuse blocks? I've looked around and cant find them.

Handmade One At A Time

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
post #11 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Rock God

Garage

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59946

'nuff said. Dustin is awesome to deal with.

2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited, 6-speed, White
1985 CJ-7, 4-speed, 258 I-6, 3" Springs, 33" BFG AT, Gunmental Gray
post #12 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 03:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Spod , Wired HDH, Painless, or even Auto Rod Controls...all have excellent products to clean up even the worst of wiring rat nests under the hood.

/

post #13 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Vick View Post
Where can you purchase those bussman relay/fuse blocks? I've looked around and cant find them.
Waytek Wiring, http://order.waytekwire.com/productd...0RELAY%20RTMR/, $25.59

I have nothing against SPOD except the price. It's a great system, well designed and from the few I've seen, well made. I just don't see $400 worth of value in it. Of course if you have zero electrical skills and aren't willing to learn, maybe its worth it to you.

Dustin's "The Black Box" kit is much more reasonably priced at $220 plus the switch panel/bezel and switches.

If you add-up the price of the Bussmann Power Module, bracket, relays, fuses, wire, and expandable wire loom your parts cost is around $120. Then factor in at least a half a day on assembly if you've got some electrical experience, an entire weekend if not. So, in reality, $220 is a fair price for something that is ready to go and backed by expert technical support and a warranty.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #14 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Rock God

Agreed! Dustin makes some great stuff I'm ordering one from him ASAP next week when the pay check. Comes in.

JK ready for the build but the pockets aint
post #15 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Wheeler

Ordered mine from http://wagongear.com/WiredWagon.html nice set up good price

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
post #16 of 19 Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Granite Guru

Hey guys! Thanks for such positive reviews and recommendations. Its awesome to see hard work starting to show. Most importantly thanks for the support!!

Here are a few quick links here:
Info: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57686
Installs thread:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59946

If you have any questions or concerns please by all me pm me!

I try to include enough wire to run your electronic item so there are a few as of a connection as possible!

Maker of Black box, In-cab winch control and other electronics
Want to make wiring easy and painless?
Order your "Black Box" today!!

post #17 of 19 Old 05-15-2012, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

looking through them both. it will either be the black box or the blue sea systems. i want to see how much i can actually get it cleaned up on my own before i buy either of them though.

post #18 of 19 Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Granite Guru

If there is any questions I can answer or help Lmk. The blue sea box doesn't house the fuses AND the relays just so you are aware. I'm
Here if you need me

-Dustin

Maker of Black box, In-cab winch control and other electronics
Want to make wiring easy and painless?
Order your "Black Box" today!!

post #19 of 19 Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

sounds good man. ill hit you up when the time comes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode